Friendship boat

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 2
PacificOshi

Friendship boat

Postby PacificOshi » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:12 am

I try to fill friendship boat orders as often as I can, as long as they’re reasonable. I didn’t think my friendship boat was traveling anywhere, and I wasn’t sure filling the orders was helping anyone. But in the last two weeks, my friendship boat has had mauimonkey’s avatar over it three times! I confess that I was so happy to see it that I forgot to notice if there was any reward involved :lol:

Thank you to mauimonkey, and If anyone has put their boat away, you might want to get it back out.

Tier 4
Snooby

Re: Friendship boat

Postby Snooby » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:55 pm

You are not alone, Pacific! Dragon Walker has been popping up on my ‘friend’ ship on an almost regular basis, I too have forgotten the rewards :oops:

And thank you for visiting my island (disepara) and feeding my pets :D . I’m pretty sure i’ve sailed the seas to your island as well!
Kent. England
First Island - disepara, July 2016, level 80
Second island - Chicken run, April 2018, level 55.
Pet count. - abysmal :oops:
https://youtu.be/DYlcVevsx_8

Tier 2
Aussiemom12

Postby Aussiemom12 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:53 pm

I’m curious...what is a “friendship boat” ? I get people visiting my island and I try to give them something each time but I’ve never heard of something specific called a friendship boat.

Tier 4
Snooby

Postby Snooby » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:59 am

Hi AussieMom

Here’s the friendship boat. It was the reward for a Valentine’s gathering event about two years ago :D And sometimes, very rarely, a player turns up on it. You’ve probably had the boats come to your waterfront with orders.

Kent. England

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:24 am

Snooby wrote:Hi AussieMom

Here’s the friendship boat. It was the reward for a Valentine’s gathering event about two years ago :D And sometimes, very rarely, a player turns up on it. You’ve probably had the boats come to your waterfront with orders.

Actually, I think we determined that you don't get a friendship boat coming to your island, unless you have a friendship boat at your island. Only those who participated in the event get the small boat.

Here is an extensive discussion on the subject.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=206730&hilit=friendship#p600161
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:01 am

Hi guys :)
The reason that you see my and DragonWalker’s avatar at your ship is because we are indeed filling your Friend Ship orders at our docks, but there is a trick...... it is because we have 2017 Friendly Flowers (from the Friendly Flower pots that were used as the gifting item during the original Friendship event in 2017). The original flower pots died and went away after their last harvest (unlike how our gift producers now turn to decor). Some of us didn’t do the last harvest and kept the original flower pots as decor, but eventual cut them down to make room on our island. When we did, we noticed a major glitch.... the Friend Ships do not function properly unless you have those 2017 Friendly flowers in your storage. We did a bunch of research and testing, and here were the results (it’s a long thread, but worth reading if you are interested)......

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=206730

Support is aware of the issue, but keeps pushing it back because of so many other things going on in PB all the time. We’ve been patient, but I think we may need to all remind support about it again soon ;)
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:04 am

J1st wrote:

Actually, I think we determined that you don't get a friendship boat coming to your island, unless you have a friendship boat at your island. Only those who participated in the event get the small boat.

That’s correct ;)
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Tier 4
Snooby

Postby Snooby » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:45 pm

J1st wrote:

Oh yes, forgot that (par for the course nowadays :oops: ). Only know I get numerous friendship boat orders.
Kent. England

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:05 am

I just got a reply from our friends at PB, and it appears they are stumped. I thought they had forgotten about my request to just give me a friendly flower, but they hadn't. Again, I'll let everyone read their post to me. And I can now say, I see avatars on my friend ship when I get a treat! I just have to remember not to give it away accidently... :lol: :lol:

Hi Jerry,

Hi,
We have now for too long been trying to resolve the issue with the avatars on the Friendship.
We have performed an intensive investigation in to this matter which has unfortunately resulted in us pursuing other paths to improve the game.
As a matter of courtesy we have credited you, and our other players who are in the same situation as you, with 1 Friendly Flower, so that you can circumvent it.
We won't be able to add more of them to your game, as they are an "obsolete" item, so make sure you don't accidentally sell it.
Have a great adventure in the bay!
Kind regards,
Doom Turtle
Support Crew
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:37 am

J1st wrote:I just got a reply from our friends at PB, and it appears they are stumped. I thought they had forgotten about my request to just give me a friendly flower, but they hadn't. Again, I'll let everyone read their post to me. And I can now say, I see avatars on my friend ship when I get a treat! I just have to remember not to give it away accidently... :lol: :lol:

Hi Jerry,

Hi,
We have now for too long been trying to resolve the issue with the avatars on the Friendship.
We have performed an intensive investigation in to this matter which has unfortunately resulted in us pursuing other paths to improve the game.
As a matter of courtesy we have credited you, and our other players who are in the same situation as you, with 1 Friendly Flower, so that you can circumvent it.
We won't be able to add more of them to your game, as they are an "obsolete" item, so make sure you don't accidentally sell it.
Have a great adventure in the bay!
Kind regards,
Doom Turtle
Support Crew

I got the same reply! We did it! Though it seems that they are only giving them out by request. I’m going to move this quote and add some more info onto the original FS thread. Great news!

Thanks PB team!!!!!! :D
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”