World Market confession

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 2
Nooneandanyone

Re: World Market confession

Postby Nooneandanyone » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:45 pm

BethM wrote:IMO the negatives of the variable pricing outweigh any benefits.

Besides, it is one more chunk of coding they could clear out of the game.

This! Exactly :D
FB: Alice Carroll (Happy to add PB friends)
GC: emojis that read “sun moon | Alice down the rabbit hole | stars rain”

Megwilson06

Postby Megwilson06 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:48 pm

That’s nice of you! I can understand how frustrating it must be when one person buys up everything. You can wait awhile in hopes they unfriend you if they don’t see you selling anything or keep on and hope that you can still help others.

I don’t often sell items anymore but when I do, I sell at minimum in hopes to help out newer players. I don’t need the extra coin, and don’t care about leaches. Items are for sale and people can do what they want with it. I usually only sell tools, tree fruit/crops, and event items to help during or immediately after events. I don’t sell third slot island items or event items weeks/months after events. I tend to avoid the market anyway as it’s usually junk and won’t change unless PB does some serious tweaking.
Game Center ID: Megwilson06
Level: 80

QubeTown: Megwilson06
Farmville Tropic Escape code: JWS-8555
Decurse code: UEJQAAAA

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:51 pm

Silverknight wrote:...Truly I was mad at myself for getting so frustrated. It's just a game.

Ok play the game with a little twist! :twisted: Go make as many as your TH/WM can store and just pound that poor "thief" with product sale after product sale!!! It might be fun to see who gives up first! :lol: :lol:
Island Name: EgersundNorway with Growly Bear avatar

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:37 pm

flokie wrote:I sell at top price, except hawaiian shirts and green dyes, as otherwise only Wesley is likely to pick these up, and I'd often rather have a couple free slots.
I'll plead guilty to pouncing onto some items - especially anything harvested from trees and bushes.

I don’t think it is pouncing to buy fruit if you actually need it or use it, so you needn’t feel guilty.

The practice some players are discouraged by is people buying things just to mark up and resell at a profit. Personally, I think it is pretty unrealistic to expect this not to happen. There are way too many players hurting for coins in this game, esp thru the mid levels, to think there is really much wrong with making money any way the game allows.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 5
Tresa

Postby Tresa » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:00 pm

That's assuming they are low level...to be buying and reselling. The one taking my items was level 80 with the whole island open. I understand the concept that if I put it on the market anyone can buy it but that dosent make it any easier to swallow or make it right. I want to be helping the people that really need it.

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Tresa wrote:That's assuming they are low level...to be buying and reselling. The one taking my items was level 80 with the whole island open. I understand the concept that if I put it on the market anyone can buy it but that dosent make it any easier to swallow or make it right. I want to be helping the people that really need it.

Any person at level 80 buying things and marking them up to the highest profit level is well beyond my millions and it is sheer silliness! Will the possible new island(s) cost us many millions of gold coins to put animals out?? Gold coin for most people are rather useless at the moment at least.

I like the folks that help clean my Wesley's Exports almost constantly. I have no problems at all and have gotten help too in the past from them with dives.

Anybody wanting something special, just has to ask me and teach me how to effectively sell to others like DragonWalker and CoffeeQueen do and I am off and having new fun!!!

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:18 pm

I'm happy to have people buy my stuff. I use the WM during non event times to earn coin without gaining xp too fast.
I don't do many personal trades anymore since my game moves way too slow and is unpredictable.

If you need it, you need it......if you don't and you bought it anyway.......so be it, it's in your TH now. :geek:

It's the pirate life for me-owwwww. ;)

Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Silverknight

Postby Silverknight » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Maxing the price worked. I was able to sell grilled fish and grilled pineapples, etc to New buyers. So maybe that person was just trying to make money. I'm not too thrilled about trying to help newer players and charging a lot of gold, but maybe some people will be helped along. I've certainly shopped the WM, and I sure will jump at the chance to get certain items.....you can sell me spa items any time, for example!
Silverknight98765432 when playing through GP.
The only way I could keep Silverknight was by adding all those numbers! :)

Silverknight

Postby Silverknight » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:21 pm

Egersund wrote:
Silverknight wrote:...Truly I was mad at myself for getting so frustrated. It's just a game.

Ok play the game with a little twist! :twisted: Go make as many as your TH/WM can store and just pound that poor "thief" with product sale after product sale!!! It might be fun to see who gives up first! :lol: :lol:

Oh, you are too funny! :lol: :lol:
Silverknight98765432 when playing through GP.
The only way I could keep Silverknight was by adding all those numbers! :)

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:23 pm

Silverknight wrote:Maxing the price worked. I was able to sell grilled fish and grilled pineapples, etc to New buyers. So maybe that person was just trying to make money. I'm not too thrilled about trying to help newer players and charging a lot of gold, but maybe some people will be helped along. I've certainly shopped the WM, and I sure will jump at the chance to get certain items.....you can sell me spa items any time, for example!

I intend to ignore many of Horatio's cutesy critters for quite some time... (Taking a long break and do not feel like quitting PB yet.) Come see me for those spa requests.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”