World Market confession

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 6
Egersund

Re: World Market confession

Postby Egersund » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:25 pm

Silverknight wrote:Oh, you are too funny! :lol: :lol:

Ornery said me mum as I was a lad. *mischievous smile*
Island Name: EgersundNorway with Growly Bear avatar

Tier 3
Lolly2017

Postby Lolly2017 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:01 pm

Silverknight wrote:A week ago or so, I vowed to sell a sail every time I offered items on the WM. I have done that. I've also been busy with harvesting extra items needed for players to assist with the current event and selling those too.....pineapples, vanilla, pomegranates, lemons, etc. Please note that I, myself haven't finished this event. So now there is ONE player who somehow buys every thing I sell. This doesn't give anyone else a chance! Clearly, this person, W...Y, has friended my island, yet I have never seen his/her boat at my island. This has been going on for a week. It doesn't matter what time of day I try to sell things. So here's my confession: When I see W purchasing as I sell, I replace the item with 5 green dyes at full price. I admit that's ugly on my part. Genuinely, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to help a lot of people to complete this event. I don't feel good about this.

Hi Silverknight, this has also happened on my world market. It made me stop selling for a while. Now I sell items differently. Never more than one barrel of the same item at a time, I mix up the prices: sometimes high, sometimes low. My thinking is that if you have to think about the price someone else has the chance to grab the item. Also I sell at unpredictable times. I haven’t seen much of the bulk buyer since I started this but that may just be coincidence, who knows? Pls don’t let this ruin your altruism, to each his own way of playing. Cheers Lolly
✨ Have a great day in paradise :D .

Silverknight

Postby Silverknight » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:12 pm

Lolly2017 wrote:
Silverknight wrote:A week ago or so, I vowed to sell a

Hi Silverknight, this has also happened on my world market. It made me stop selling for a while. Now I sell items differently. Never more than one barrel of the same item at a time, I mix up the prices: sometimes high, sometimes low. My thinking is that if you have to think about the price someone else has the chance to grab the item. Also I sell at unpredictable times. I haven’t seen much of the bulk buyer since I started this but that may just be coincidence, who knows? Pls don’t let this ruin your altruism, to each his own way of playing. Cheers Lolly

Lolly, thanks for your encouragement and suggestions! In the last hour or so, I've successfully sold to different players, a couple of them folks whose islands I've visited before, and I know they need the items to complete the current event. Varying prices and times is working. Yes, everyone plays the game their own way, and I'm always learning! :)
Silverknight98765432 when playing through GP.
The only way I could keep Silverknight was by adding all those numbers! :)

Tier 2
Nooneandanyone

Postby Nooneandanyone » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:44 pm

Kittykatz wrote:I'm happy to have people buy my stuff. I use the WM during non event times to earn coin without gaining xp too fast.
I don't do many personal trades anymore since my game moves way too slow and is unpredictable.

If you need it, you need it......if you don't and you bought it anyway.......so be it, it's in your TH now. :geek:

It's the pirate life for me-owwwww. ;)

Heart this
FB: Alice Carroll (Happy to add PB friends)
GC: emojis that read “sun moon | Alice down the rabbit hole | stars rain”

Silverknight

Postby Silverknight » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:31 pm

BethM wrote:
Nooneandanyone wrote:I sell at top price to anybody.... and if one person buys it they must need it for whatever reason.

There’s no point to sell below top price as there’s no competition. It’s luck what you see in the market, so no comparison shopping— so just max the price and if ppl need it ppl will buy it.

Besides, it is one more chunk of coding they could clear out of the game.

I wish they'd get rid of a lot of chunks of coding! It might move the game along faster. It takes me almost 2 minutes to move from my island to another. And there's almost a minute just to place an item on WM. Surely they can eliminate "features " that won't be missed.
Silverknight98765432 when playing through GP.
The only way I could keep Silverknight was by adding all those numbers! :)

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:59 pm

Silverknight wrote:
I wish they'd get rid of a lot of chunks of coding! It might move the game along faster. It takes me almost 2 minutes to move from my island to another. And there's almost a minute just to place an item on WM. Surely they can eliminate "features " that won't be missed.

My thoughts exactly!!

We'll need a whole separate thread for suggestions on what to remove.

Let's get back to the essentials. PB is starting to look like "Hoarders"!.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:23 pm

Kittykatz wrote:PB is starting to look like "Hoarders"!.

I have had to continually dump almost all the decorative features into storage and I have ANIMALS everywhere instead. I could get rid of paths for more room, I suppose...it feels more like a zoo or something and very poorly planned! :o :oops:

Maybe it is a safari park and you have to drive those new, black SUVs around?? :lol:
Island Name: EgersundNorway with Growly Bear avatar

Sherlock

Postby Sherlock » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:59 am

Wow some creative thinking here! I still am at 61 so sell everything at top price or almost including many single sails and miscellaneous stuff. My 'generosity' now is in offering it not giving it away having feeling i've been exploited by harvesters for resale previously.
It is wierd though how sometimes I stack up items for sale (that are not past event crap) and they sell like hotcakes, then do almost the same next day and they hang around for hours ...

SallyR225

Postby SallyR225 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:19 pm

Silverknight wrote:A week ago or so, I vowed to sell a sail every time I offered items on the WM. I have done that. I've also been busy with harvesting extra items needed for players to assist with the current event and selling those too.....pineapples, vanilla, pomegranates, lemons, etc. Please note that I, myself haven't finished this event. So now there is ONE player who somehow buys every thing I sell. This doesn't give anyone else a chance! Clearly, this person, W...Y, has friended my island, yet I have never seen his/her boat at my island. This has been going on for a week. It doesn't matter what time of day I try to sell things. So here's my confession: When I see W purchasing as I sell, I replace the item with 5 green dyes at full price. I admit that's ugly on my part. Genuinely, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to help a lot of people to complete this event. I don't feel good about this.

Don’t feel bad. I do the same. The point of selling this way is for you to help players, not one player.
GC: SallyR225
Level: 77
Wish: More than 8 WM friends ❤️ Thank you PB ❤️

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”