Winter decorating and snowy paths

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Silverknight

Winter decorating and snowy paths

Postby Silverknight » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:07 pm

This year I'd like to do a little more winter decorating on my island. Can you build on top of snowy paths....such as pets and decorations? Or do you first place wintery items and then place the paths around them? And then do you add the fences and gates last? I'd love to hear decorating tips. Last year was my first Christmas playing PB, so I do have a few things stored. Thanks! :)
Silverknight98765432 when playing through GP.
The only way I could keep Silverknight was by adding all those numbers! :)

Tier 6
Egersund

Re: Winter decorating and snowy paths

Postby Egersund » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:36 pm

Silverknight wrote:This year I'd like to do a little more winter decorating on my island. Can you build on top of snowy paths....such as pets and decorations? Or do you first place wintery items and then place the paths around them? And then do you add the fences and gates last? I'd love to hear decorating tips. Last year was my first Christmas playing PB, so I do have a few things stored. Thanks! :)

Nope, you can not put things on the snow, sad to say. I would suggest the fencing to define the area first, the objects placed and then the snow at the end for filler. Lots of ways to do it, but I found those steps easiest. Having said that, I have so little room that I stopped using fences. :o

There is a lovely discussion on Christmas themes that might interest you?? Jerry (J1st) has this year's best decoration thus far!
Island Name: EgersundNorway with Growly Bear avatar

Silverknight

Postby Silverknight » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:08 pm

Egersund wrote:
Silverknight wrote:This year I'd like to do a little more winter decorating on my island. Can you build on top of snowy paths....such as pets and decorations? Or do you first place wintery items and then place the paths around them? And then do you add the fences and gates last? I'd love to hear decorating tips. Last year was my first Christmas playing PB, so I do have a few things stored. Thanks! :)

Nope, you can not put things on the snow, sad to say. I would suggest the fencing to define the area first, the objects placed and then the snow at the end for filler. Lots of ways to do it, but I found those steps easiest. Having said that, I have so little room that I stopped using fences. :o

There is a lovely discussion on Christmas themes that might interest you?? Jerry (J1st) has this year's best decoration thus far!

Thanks! I'll do a search to find that discussion. I'm clearing some space to do a little something special, but I want to keep it fairly simple. Any ideas are welcome! :)

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:12 pm

Silverknight wrote:Thanks! I'll do a search to find that discussion. I'm clearing some space to do a little something special, but I want to keep it fairly simple. Any ideas are welcome! :)

Searching in here for anything is annoying... Here is the photo of his island.

Silverknight

Postby Silverknight » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:24 pm

Oh, wow! That's amazing! Thanks for showing me! :)

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Silverknight wrote:Oh, wow! That's amazing! Thanks for showing me! :)

Finish your decorating and throw yours out for us to gander at!

Silverknight

Postby Silverknight » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:50 pm

Egersund wrote:
Silverknight wrote:Oh, wow! That's amazing! Thanks for showing me! :)

Finish your decorating and throw yours out for us to gander at!

I have to start first! :lol: And mine will be very simple! :)

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:03 pm

I follow the same order you suggested. First define the perimeter with fences, pets or decorations, then place the major items, then fill in with the snowy paths and minor decor.

Mine is mostly done now except I have left holes for whatever new decoration or snowy pet we get this year. I go for a slightly more realistic, open style.

Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Silverknight

Postby Silverknight » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:21 pm

BethM, that's beautiful! And I'm glad you mentioned leaving spaces for new items. I'm planning to use the same location that you use, but will have to put stuff in storage and move some things around. It'll be a fun little project! :)

Tier 6
Egersund

Postby Egersund » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:21 pm

BethM wrote:I follow the same order you suggested. First define the perimeter with fences, pets or decorations, then place the major items, then fill in with the snowy paths and minor decor.

Mine is mostly done now except I have left holes for whatever new decoration or snowy pet we get this year. I go for a slightly more realistic, open style.

I do like yours! I like the flow and more openness feeling. I am not a minimalist, but I do think keeping something simple is actually "more" to my mind. Cluttered places drive me crazy. :lol:

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”