A Plea to Players Selling High Priced Goods

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
3loons

A Plea to Players Selling High Priced Goods

Postby 3loons » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:00 pm

I would like to make a plea to everyone selling high priced goods (yellow coats, rainbow fruit, golden fish, beer, ice, special sushi from islands, etc). It would be super helpful if some of the more pricey goods were sold individually instead of groups of three. I can’t always afford to buy all three. There are many of us players who are not as far along in the game as some of you. It’s a huge challenge trying to earn and save enough coins to progress in this game. Many times boat orders only ask for 1 rainbow fruit, or 1 ice block. But some players don’t have access to those islands yet, therefore they have to buy them in the world market. When they are sold in groups of three, it makes it much more difficult for the newer players to get what they need. There really is no reason one has to sell three at a time. You can make the same amount of money selling them individually. Plus you sell them faster that way. It’s a win/win for everyone.

Tier 1
tmenchaca30

Re: A Plea to Players Selling High Priced Goods

Postby tmenchaca30 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:49 am

Further in the game we get those items faster than we need them. That’s why I usually sell in 3. But I’ll try to do it individually too :)
SSDGM

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:00 am

I'll try to send some singles as well. I don't sell at max, in fact I sell at default as I don't need the gold. But, you do bring up a good point. Maybe I'll sell a three and a one, and see how that goes.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 1
BarbaraRockport

Postby BarbaraRockport » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:18 am

I have so much money I sell cheap and mostly to clear my inventory space. I’ll try and sell only one and see how that works. I remember being poor!!!!!!

Dorisend

Postby Dorisend » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:23 pm

Have been selling at lowest value on many items. And single or just two items at a time. I don’t need the coins and need to reduce many items I have two many of, so, maybe win/win? Try to aid others. This game is supposed to be friendly.

Dorisend

Postby Dorisend » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:24 pm

Sorry, too many of.

Missjanecobb

Postby Missjanecobb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:36 pm

The problem is not players but PB Development. They chose to change the amount of storage we have, and that is the real cause of the problems we see with the World Market. Higher level players end up accumulating far too much stuff even without trying to do so, and we need to get rid of it.

I put up stuff at the default price because that is quickest and I don't need the gold, and I put it up in batches because putting up one at a time is time-consuming especially if it's something like black powder that means you have to scroll all the way down the list.

leslyla

Postby leslyla » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:33 am

Missjanecobb wrote:The problem is not players but PB Development. They chose to change the amount of storage we have, and that is the real cause of the problems we see with the World Market. Higher level players end up accumulating far too much stuff even without trying to do so, and we need to get rid of it.

I put up stuff at the default price because that is quickest and I don't need the gold, and I put it up in batches because putting up one at a time is time-consuming especially if it's something like black powder that means you have to scroll all the way down the list.

I suggest you take a look at stacking mills if your inventory is always topped and you find yourself having no time to consider other players when selling your stuff.

Here is a nice wiki for PB players where you can find a lot of information: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/wiki/Gu ... y_Stacking.

Stacking is not a given, you have to do trial and error and get familiar with it. But it is definitely a space and time saver.

I agree to selling items with concerns for the lower levels players out there. That being said, I see a lot of level 80 players still selling full price. It escapes me as to why anyone would do that when there is no actual need for gold coins.

Tier 2
moonwitch

Postby moonwitch » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:46 am

Duly noted.
Selling in singles from now on :)

3loons

Postby 3loons » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:47 pm

Thanks everyone for your responses and efforts towards selling singles or selling at the lower default price. And thank you to shedding some light on the problem higher level players have with ending up with way too many goods that you are forced to dump it on the world market as quickly as possible. I wasn’t aware of this problem until this week when I read another thread about issues with too much inventory now that there is no storage limit. It all makes sense, and I like the suggestion about stacking mills, even though I have no idea what that means. I’ll look at the the link that was shared.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”