Access to game

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Sandyshore50

Access to game

Postby Sandyshore50 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:57 pm

Hi, is anyone else still unable to get into the game?

JPcottage

Re: Access to game

Postby JPcottage » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi SandyShore50,

I have not been able to get into my game for the past three weeks. I have seen a number of players on here with the same issue. It’s either that or their games keeps crashing every couple of minutes. Still hoping that there will be a fix for this! :(

Sandyshore50

Postby Sandyshore50 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:04 pm

Hi, thanks for that I also haven’t been in for a few weeks, very frustrating. Have tried all the reloads etc nothing seems to work. I think it may be to do with the unicorn but have no idea when that ends. Sandy.

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:09 pm

Were you already experiencing lag, slow loading, glitches and/or crashes before this? Unfortunately, the time period you are talking about was when they did the most recent update of the game and many player’s games then became unplayable. PB is an advanced game with mass amounts of data, and every time they update the game it adds to the toll that it takes for devices to be able to run the game. What you may now be experiencing is that your device is no longer capable of running PB. This has happened many times in the past, and also with the most current update. Some players have opted to upgrade their devices, and those who have done so then have had absolutely no problems running their games. In fact, their games then run like lightning and have no loading, lag or crashing issues. So I’d suspect that if your game was already experiencing issues before the update, that your device is no longer capable of running PB.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:18 pm

I’d also like to share some great advice from Beth on this subject......

BethM wrote:..........Sadly though, I don’t think there is much support can do to help. The problem is that the PB software is very demanding, so devices that don’t have a fairly new or powerful processor will struggle, as will phones and tablets that don’t have much available memory.

We don’t really see it much, but they are working little by little to revise things to demand less resources. One example we do see is the artwork for newer pets is a little simpler than the older ones to make smaller graphic files. There was a big update a few months ago with a bunch of revised code that streamlined some stuff invisible to us that dramatically improved performance on my older iPad mini. Hopefully, they are still working on more of that.

One suggestion is to give your device a good clean up. We all accumulate music and photos and old mail and games we’ve stopped playing and apps we don’t use. Sometimes clearing as much of that out as we can will help the remaining apps run better.

It also sometimes helps to shut down and restart the device before playing PB, so there is as little as possible running in the background.

Also, there are certain activities within Pb that seem to be especially problematic, like checking the Workd Market and visiting other players. Try to minimize that activity when you play. If you do visit the world map or a player island, when you get back you might want to just close the game yourself to save your progress.

Some people have reported that their games will play better if they keep their islands simple. Store some pets and decorations, don’t leave items floating in bubbles. All those things occupy processor resources.

Finally, when you play, don’t rush. Then you do a thing, wait patiently until all the little animations finish before tapping anything else.

In truth, you may find none of these things make much difference for your particular device, but each of these suggestions has made a noticeable difference for some people.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Sandyshore50

Postby Sandyshore50 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:21 pm

I have an iPad Air. It has loads of unused space on it. I have tried everything recommended nothing works. Obviously I cannot use the storage in the game because I cannot access it.

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:43 pm

Sandyshore50 wrote:I have an iPad Air. It has loads of unused space on it. I have tried everything recommended nothing works. Obviously I cannot use the storage in the game because I cannot access it.

Unfortunately, the first generation of iPad Air is one of the devices that has been reported to no longer support the game. I’m so sorry that this is the case :cry:
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Tier 4
joaniechris

Postby joaniechris » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Yup, my iPad Air is crashing all the time since the update. I am hoping this goes away when the Pegasus offer disappears. But I can’t agree that this is simply an old processor issue - my very same game works fine on my even older iPhone 5! That said, it is time for me to get a new device anyway, so I am asking for an iPad Pro for Christmas!
GC name: joaniechris

Sandyshore50

Postby Sandyshore50 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:57 am

Thanks for everyone’s help. It looks like I will have to buy an iPad Air 2018 if nothing else is going to work. I think I will wait for January sales and hope for a good deal. Happy Christmas everybody with or without the game.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:22 pm

For some reason, this game seems particularly problematic on iPad Air and iPhone 6.

I had an iPad Air and mini of similar age and storage. The mini still plays it fine, the air struggled with it. Maybe it is something about the processors.

It might also be about whatever else is trying to run on that device at the same time.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”