Crop inequality

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 2
RetiredOlGirl

Crop inequality

Postby RetiredOlGirl » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:10 pm

I’ve been playing PB since it came out so I have to plant a crop to get a crop. This morning I unfortunately used up all but one sugar cane. I planted it so in 3 hours I will have 2. Purchasing just one costs 16 gems! Doubling them every 3 hours will get me 16 of them after 12 hours. If I chose to use gems to purchase 16 of them it it would cost me 256 gems. Compare this to the players who are on the coin system; they simply plant some more and can have all 16 available in 3 hours for a few coins each. I would even be willing to pay 256 coins for 16 crops in 3 hours but 256 gems is absurd and gives me a disadvantage compared to those on the other system.

Tier 2
RetiredOlGirl

Re: Crop inequality

Postby RetiredOlGirl » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:11 pm

Interesting development. I left for awhile and just came back. During that time I was switched to crops for gold. This usually only happens late in the evening and only for a half hour or so. I hope this time it’s for good. Apparently somebody from PB does watch these threads. THANKS. I will have some sugar cane in 3 hours!

Pigtail

Postby Pigtail » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:15 pm

:D

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:28 pm

I have been playing since near the beginning as well. I got the crop for coin beta when it was originally release quite a while back. I have to admit that I much prefer it. I no longer have to worry about running out of crops, and my planting strategy has changed entirely. Instead of keeping some of all varieties of crops planted at all times, and then only being able to harvest and use those small amounts (while still remembering to keep enough to then plant), I now plant huge batches of just one crop (usually all 78 of my fields).

I hope that they move to this new system for everyone, and it seems they are moving in that direction. There was another realease of this beta not very long ago, but those who got it then are experiencing very bad glitches with it and it will switch between the two planting systems randomly. That can be devastating if someone had just had the crop for coin system and so then used all of their crops, and when they go to plant new crops it switches back to the original system and then they no longer have any crops to use for planting. There are no glitches for the group who got the beta originally (like me), but there is something most definitely wrong with the second release of the beta. I hope they fix it soon as it can be so detrimental to those player’s games. And once they figure out all the issues, I hope they release it to everyone as a permanent feature of the game.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:35 pm

RetiredOlGirl wrote:Interesting development. I left for awhile and just came back. During that time I was switched to crops for gold. This usually only happens late in the evening and only for a half hour or so. I hope this time it’s for good. Apparently somebody from PB does watch these threads. THANKS. I will have some sugar cane in 3 hours!

Oh, please be careful. You posted this just as I was typing my last message. That means you have the programming glitch in your game. You must be aware of this and that it can switch back and forth at any time, and always remember to still keep some crops in storage so you have some to plant if it switches you back to the original system. Unfortunately, the devs did not read your message here and then switch it for you. You are just experiencing the programming glitch that many others are as well. So just be aware of that and always try to keep some of all varieties of crops on hand just in case.

I really hope they are able to fix this switching back and forth issue soon.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 2
RetiredOlGirl

Postby RetiredOlGirl » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:32 pm

Thanks for the info Mauimonkey. I try to keep crops in storage but once in awhile they slip past me. It’s not a big deal most of the time but sugar cane is used in so many items needed in TF. With a 3 hour cycle it means pretty much missing a whole day to grow enough to begin using again. At the very least it seems like they could change the number of gems required. It is WAY out of line compared to what the other group pays using King coins.

Tier 4
joaniechris

Postby joaniechris » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:18 pm

Yup, I have this glitch. It switches randomly, sometimes it only harvests one AND you have to pay to plant one again. Messed up.
GC name: joaniechris

Tier 3
breezyanna

Postby breezyanna » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:52 pm

In another thread, where the crops planting switches JustSad said she tries harvesting and planting one cotton. When you do that you'll notice if it will be pay for crop because you'll see the coin is required to plant.
When I see a coin, I stop and close out the game and wait a few minutes then get back into the game. If I still I will be charged to plant, I close the app and reboot my device. That will get the planting back to what I am use to.

Hope this helps.

Tier 4
joaniechris

Postby joaniechris » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:58 pm

breezyanna wrote:In another thread, where the crops planting switches JustSad said she tries harvesting and planting one cotton. When you do that you'll notice if it will be pay for crop because you'll see the coin is required to plant.
When I see a coin, I stop and close out the game and wait a few minutes then get back into the game. If I still I will be charged to plant, I close the app and reboot my device. That will get the planting back to what I am use to.

Hope this helps.

Good idea!
GC name: joaniechris

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”