I give up

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 2
Aussiemom12

I give up

Postby Aussiemom12 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:21 pm

I made it to level 13 and it was the same old make presents and I had to get 11,000 points. I said to myself “this is boring...I don’t want to do this anymore” Whoever thought of making it 16 levels must not have ever sat there and made present after present after present!! I even bought two of the bundles hoping to get through it faster but that didn’t work. So I gave out the last of my Pikes letters and said to hell with it. I was hoping this would be fun because it was Christmas but instead it was another long monotonous game. Oh well...maybe next time.

Congratulations to those who finished....you have way more patience than I do!!!

Tier 3
Bilbocroft

Re: I give up

Postby Bilbocroft » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Aussiemom12 wrote:I made it to level 13 and it was the same old make presents and I had to get 11,000 points. I said to myself “this is boring...I don’t want to do this anymore” Whoever thought of making it 16 levels must not have ever sat there and made present after present after present!! I even bought two of the bundles hoping to get through it faster but that didn’t work. So I gave out the last of my Pikes letters and said to hell with it. I was hoping this would be fun because it was Christmas but instead it was another long monotonous game. Oh well...maybe next time.

Congratulations to those who finished....you have way more patience than I do!!!

It's not patience they have way more of. . . . .
Stuck on level 80 like many many others.
Was stuck on level 75 like so many others
Was stuck on level 60 like many others in Nov 2016 and then didn’t play for 15 months.
Came back in Mar 2018 after my grandaughter found the app.

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:12 pm

Aussiemom12 wrote:I made it to level 13 and it was the same old make presents and I had to get 11,000 points. I said to myself “this is boring...I don’t want to do this anymore” Whoever thought of making it 16 levels must not have ever sat there and made present after present after present!! I even bought two of the bundles hoping to get through it faster but that didn’t work. So I gave out the last of my Pikes letters and said to hell with it. I was hoping this would be fun because it was Christmas but instead it was another long monotonous game. Oh well...maybe next time.

Thank you for posting this. I had just got to level 10 and I realized I still had 59,200 more points to get to the 80,700 points to finish...I was 25%. I would need to do 290 Pike's presents to finish, which is close to 900 paints to complete. Because of this simple calculation, and your comment, I have decided that I am 100% done with this event! I've been bored doing build after build after build, but I ain't gonna do it anymore! .
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 2
Aussiemom12

Postby Aussiemom12 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:39 pm

I’m sorry if I’m the one to push you over the edge but now that I see your calculations I’m really glad I quit. It’s Way too much!! It’s makes it no fun to play anymore.

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:28 pm

Aussiemom12 wrote:I’m sorry if I’m the one to push you over the edge but now that I see your calculations I’m really glad I quit. It’s Way too much!! It’s makes it no fun to play anymore.

Don't be sorry, please. You saved me 7 days of making Pike's presents for rewards we've received in the past. The water stuff is really the only items that are new, and I can buy as many as I want at the bazaar. I do think that the Stag is one of the most striking animals they have done, and I have purchased it for my island, so Merry Christmas PB! You got my present! And I got a pretty animal for the game in return.
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️

Tier 2
Hawc

Postby Hawc » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:47 pm

Yes this event is frustrating. I also purchased the Stag which is Elegant. PB really got presents from me as I also purchased the. Pegacorn. Beautiful magical and gives 3 pearls with Primo. ANd with Holidays, best not to buy anymore. Been playing for only a year, but feels like good ol’ days when we got great pets in TF and to include realistic goals for Bonus pets e.g. NOT 40 stickers Not sure if I will finish this event....poor motivation
Player Hawc. Started playing October 2017
Level 80.

Tier 2
Aussiemom12

Postby Aussiemom12 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:52 pm

I would like to purchase the Stag. At least I would feel like I got something for all of those presents I made. I don’t see where I can purchase the Stag. I see it in the Pet Sanctuary but it’s shaded like it’s not available to me.

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:01 pm

Aussiemom12 wrote:I would like to purchase the Stag. At least I would feel like I got something for all of those presents I made. I don’t see where I can purchase the Stag. I see it in the Pet Sanctuary but it’s shaded like it’s not available to me.

Unfortunately, it appears to be another beta where only certain people can purchase it. I should have thought of that before mentioning it. I didn't mean to brag or anything. If you have my island, come by some time and check it out. Also, one thing they did do correctly, the base is rock, so it will display properly on either a summer or winter scene.
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️

Tier 2
Aussiemom12

Postby Aussiemom12 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:22 pm

I kind of figured it was something like only certain people could buy it. That’s OK ... I’m sure it will come up where I can get it eventually. I’m just going to go on playing like normal. Now I can take time to stock up on everything.

Merry Christmas all and let’s see what the New Year brings!!! :D

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:10 am

It looked like it's gonna be fun for a change, but only till I reached level 12. Then I realized that with 35.820 points I'm only half-ish way through, my Pike's letters are spent, gems too, as well as my willingness to give my entire stack to get it done for some silly award. Even though they made an offer, for the first time ever, to buy something in my own courency, I still do not find it tempting to buy 4000 points just to throw it in endless pitt.. I think they should consider redesigning these events, couse they are too long, boring because of endless repeiting same tasks and rewards are usually something which most players are not willing to put THAT amount of effort, time or money, in. So, for now, I'll put it a side, and maybe I'll continue it in few days, and maybe I won't :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”