Tradefest Who is ready?

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 16
Kittykatz

Re: Tradefest Who is ready?

Postby Kittykatz » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:39 pm

Bilbocroft wrote:We deserve better than the constant cycle of tradefest, retrofest, gathering events. I don't understand why there are so many players who get excited about yet another 4x4 grid (or whatever) they have no room for. Why are more players not shouting for some new original play???

Sometimes a game is what it is. Though PB has grown since I first started playing, for it to continue where most of would like it to be, it would most likely be unplayable on most mobile devices.

When I first started playing, it was very much an independent player game except for our dives. Back then you only got a few helpers unless you were linked with Facebook.

There was no Tradefest, no gifting events, no shipyards to find each other. So changes have occurred. So have glitches and frequent game crashes. Perhaps the next " Big" thing would drown most of us out.

There are many possible ideas we've put forth. How long does it take to code? I haven't a clue.

Since I realize that expanding the island could be problematic, I'm okay with rotating my pets and decorations.
Trying new themes in my down time.

I still hope that they will " surprise" us. If the game is what it is........well then, it's for each individual to decide if they should stay or explore new avenue's.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 3
Bilbocroft

Postby Bilbocroft » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:52 pm

Kittykatz wrote:Sometimes a game is what it is. Though PB has grown since I first started playing, for it to continue where most of would like it to be, it would most likely be unplayable on most mobile devices.

When I first started playing, it was very much an independent player game except for our dives. Back then you only got a few helpers unless you were linked with Facebook.

There was no Tradefest, no gifting events, no shipyards to find each other. So changes have occurred. So have glitches and frequent game crashes. Perhaps the next " Big" thing would drown most of us out.

There are many possible ideas we've put forth. How long does it take to code? I haven't a clue.

Since I realize that expanding the island could be problematic, I'm okay with rotating my pets and decorations.
Trying a new in my down time.

I still hope that they will " surprise" us. If the game is what it is........well then, it's for each individual to decide if they should stay or explore new avenue's.

I do like your attitude. I remember when getting a pearl would make me run out into the street naked and tell the world something miraculous had just happened.
I spent my whole working life in I.T. (as a programmer) and like you said expanding the island would present problems . . . but not big insurmountable ones. King needs to decide if this game merits the cost of saying "This is a damn good game . . . let's make it way way better!!"
Stuck on level 80 like many many others.
Was stuck on level 75 like so many others
Was stuck on level 60 like many others in Nov 2016 and then didn’t play for 15 months.
Came back in Mar 2018 after my grandaughter found the app.

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:26 am

Bilbocroft wrote:I do like your attitude. I remember when getting a pearl would make me run out into the street naked and tell the world something miraculous had just happened.
I spent my whole working life in I.T. (as a programmer) and like you said expanding the island would present problems . . . but not big insurmountable ones. King needs to decide if this game merits the cost of saying "This is a damn good game . . . let's make it way way better!!"

Oh, wouldn't it be a hoot to see PB players from all over the world running naked into the streets! :lol: :lol:

Perhaps they are at that crossroads trying to decide which direction they are going to take.

Hmm, maybe I'll need to start saving for a better device. ;)
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:35 am

Kittykatz wrote:
Bilbocroft wrote:I do like your attitude. I remember when getting a pearl would make me run out into the street naked and tell the world something miraculous had just happened.

Oh, wouldn't it be a hoot to see PB players from all over the world running naked into the streets! :lol: :lol:

Perhaps they are at that crossroads trying to decide which direction they are going to take.

If I run into the street naked, better hide the children, and close the curtains, it would not be a pretty sight!
Last edited by J1st on Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 4
CoffeeQueen

Postby CoffeeQueen » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:24 am

Trying to figure out if I'm ready/participating in this next TF or not & we got Bilbo, Kitty, & Jerry loose running the streets naked!

Meanwhile, did anyone ever make a poem about those turdstacks? :roll: :roll:
Level 80, name Julie, FB: Main Bay
TS Code: A684EK Level 66

Tier 2
Mudgie

Postby Mudgie » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:11 am

"speaking very quietly" :oops: I quite like trade fest :idea: and I didn't want to pay for the White Hart, so I am looking forward to the Reindeer :D Plus it'll give my glassworks and my otters and the cat who does the fabric a bit of a rest :mrgreen:

Tier 2
polanka221

Postby polanka221 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:00 pm

I have gotten to the point that my heart sinks at the thought of another TradeFest with no down time between events. I used to look forward with great anticipation to the quarterly and holiday TradeFests. I had time to work on my island, build up my stash of products and work on getting some pets. Now it’s just getting to be a slog from one event to the next. I may need to take an extended break so that I can get back onto island time and forget how King is making it feel more like hustling in New York City.
Current Level 79
GC ID: polanka221
Island Janet with same avatar

Tier 3
alinutza2323

Postby alinutza2323 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:11 pm

polanka221 wrote:I have gotten to the point that my heart sinks at the thought of another TradeFest with no down time between events. I used to look forward with great anticipation to the quarterly and holiday TradeFests. I had time to work on my island, build up my stash of products and work on getting some pets. Now it’s just getting to be a slog from one event to the next. I may need to take an extended break so that I can get back onto island time and forget how King is making it feel more like hustling in New York City.

Agree

Tier 3
Bamagirl1225

Postby Bamagirl1225 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:04 pm

J1st wrote:
Kittykatz wrote:

If I run into the street naked, better hide the children, and close the curtains, it would not be a pretty sight!

lol.....same here for me
:D ( Roll Tide Roll )

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:40 pm

Mudgie wrote:"speaking very quietly" :oops: I quite like trade fest :idea: and I didn't want to pay for the White Hart, so I am looking forward to the Reindeer :D Plus it'll give my glassworks and my otters and the cat who does the fabric a bit of a rest :mrgreen:

Oh, no need to speak quietly. Cats have a "Roaring" side and when we like things, find them Purr-fect, we make noises too.
I called the reindeer "The poor man's Stag". I didn't buy it either, so I too will be trying for the reindeer.
So, say it loud, and say it proud, " I like Tradefest"! You have every right to. :P

P.S. I like your avatar, very sweet and peaceful.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”