No more.

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Islandtara
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:10 pm

No more.

Postby Islandtara » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:01 pm

Very rarely do I feel the need to speak up, but... i feel the need to share something.

I’ve played this game from the beginning. I’m willing to watch ads so the developers make money. No problem. I get gems. They make money from the advertisers. BUT. I will not watch ads for a game focused on killing people. It may be “just a game” to some, but I will not watch it. Sure, I can turn my head. Look the other way. But, I’m done doing that.

The ads for the assasin or sniper game... whatever it’s called, are far too frequent and I’m done. I’ve decided that the only real option is to close my game down every time. I’m sure it’s not that effective, but I’m not going to contribute in that way.

Surely this a complete mismatch in user demographics?

I hoping I’m not alone. I’m hoping someone is paying attention...
Top

Tier 12
Livinez
Posts: 3046
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: No more.

Postby Livinez » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:42 pm

Your opinion is valued and I understand your frustration. I have watched that ad many many times and although it doesn’t bother me (desensitized by years of watching graphic tv and movies) I am sorry for their lack of sensitivity.

In general, when the Ad Parrot pops up; I usually just press play and walk away. I’ve been doing this a lot lately since they added Crane, Eagle and Croc stickers to daily game play. I’ve received at least 5 of these stickers as rewards for viewing adds. ;) When I’ve had enough...I simply press the 6 hr “snooze” button. :P
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015
Top

Tier 2
spaceinvader
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:36 am

Re: No more.

Postby spaceinvader » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:13 pm

Islandtara wrote:Very rarely do I feel the need to speak up, but... i feel the need to share something.

I’ve played this game from the beginning. I’m willing to watch ads so the developers make money. No problem. I get gems. They make money from the advertisers. BUT. I will not watch ads for a game focused on killing people. It may be “just a game” to some, but I will not watch it. Sure, I can turn my head. Look the other way. But, I’m done doing that.

The ads for the assasin or sniper game... whatever it’s called, are far too frequent and I’m done. I’ve decided that the only real option is to close my game down every time. I’m sure it’s not that effective, but I’m not going to contribute in that way.

Surely this a complete mismatch in user demographics?

I hoping I’m not alone. I’m hoping someone is paying attention...


I can’t say I ever pay attention at the ads so I’ve no idea what usually comes up but there is an in game option to report them. I don’t know if it’s the same ad company for everyone as we’re not all on the same server...for me, when the ad ends, this little icon appears somewhere on the screen.

Image

If I click on it, it tells me why I’m seeing this ad.

Image

If I click ‘build info’ down below, it tells me where it’s pulling the info from (Mozilla, Safari, other apps). If I click on ‘report ad’, it gives me different options to report it.


Image

Maybe you can try this but I’d also recommend sending in a ticket to PB voicing your concerns. Hope this helps :)
QubeTown - k0alia


Level 80
Image
Top

Tier 16
BethM
Posts: 8719
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Re: No more.

Postby BethM » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:17 pm

I hate that assasin game ad as well. The ads aren’t chosen by PB. The UnityAds people are paying them to use this feature to show us their ads.

Imo the UnityAds people aren’t making much effort to target PB players with ads for things we might actually download.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)
Top

Tier 3
Bilbocroft
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: No more.

Postby Bilbocroft » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:48 pm

BethM wrote:I hate that assasin game ad as well. The ads aren’t chosen by PB. The UnityAds people are paying them to use this feature to show us their ads.

Imo the UnityAds people aren’t making much effort to target PB players with ads for things we might actually download.

The ads may not be chosen by PB but they are accepted by them. They may be a business but they could show some moral integrity and refuse to play them and take the hit. . . . King are not exactly struggling for revenue.
Stuck on level 80 like many many others.
Was stuck on level 75 like so many others
Was stuck on level 60 like many others in Nov 2016 and then didn’t play for 15 months.
Came back in Mar 2018 after my grandaughter found the app.
Top

Tier 16
BethM
Posts: 8719
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Re: No more.

Postby BethM » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:51 pm

Since the App Store describes this game as for ages 4 and up, you would hope they would also require the ads to be suitable for 4 and up.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)
Top

Islandtara
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: No more.

Postby Islandtara » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:22 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one. Yes, I could ignore it, but it does not belong in this game.

Thank you for the heads up on how to report an ad. Unfortunately, it isn’t there on that particular ad. Ironic.
Top

Tier 15
J1st
Posts: 6675
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:55 am

Re: No more.

Postby J1st » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:33 pm

Islandtara wrote:I’m glad I’m not the only one. Yes, I could ignore it, but it does not belong in this game.

Thank you for the heads up on how to report an ad. Unfortunately, it isn’t there on that particular ad. Ironic.

I would suggest another route then. Send a support ticket to PB, and once you get the automated response, respond to the email and tell them of your displeasure with the ad, and ask them to either contact the ad group to have it removed, or PB directly request that the offensive ad be removed. One of the sniper images appears to have a "head shot" explosion and a quick blood spurt that is faded away quickly. That is something NO 4 year old should be seeing, IMO.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/
Top

Tier 2
MarkCheetah
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:28 am

Re: No more.

Postby MarkCheetah » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:39 am

Ads? Where?? I haven't seen ads in this game since they discontinued the "Island TV" thing that gave you gems a couple years ago.

Seriously, if they're handing out pet stickers for watching ads, I'll watch them. But I've never been prompted to do so. Is it only on certain platforms like PCs or Apple devices? Thanks!
Top

Tier 16
BethM
Posts: 8719
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Re: No more.

Postby BethM » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:11 pm

Some of us still have the TV bird, which has to be PB’s longest running beta test.

It works as designed for some people, locks up the game for some, and others don’t have it at all. I think there are few or no Windows version players who have this feature.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)
Top

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”