40 tiers is too much!

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 2
Mudgie

40 tiers is too much!

Postby Mudgie » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:54 am

:oops: Others have posted about this in reply to Trade fest threads but I want to highlight it as a separate topic.
Sorry, but forty tiers is just too much to get in the time allowed. Unless you throw some serious diamonds at it, which is presumably the point. :oops:
I was determined to get the camel as I missed out on the long eared mouse last time but with less than two days to go I'm not going to get there. Which leaves me with yet more stickers towards a pet I'll probably never get. So what's the point! Very discouraging. Tradefest should be just about one pet, challenging but doable with the right effort. Less days, less often and how about something different in between (voyage round the island collecting items comes to mind, Wesley mentioned a wedding, could make an event based on something like that?)
Come on devs, you're clever people, give us something to get our teeth into!
Right, rant over, got to go out! ;)

Tier 2
stanton62janet

Re: 40 tiers is too much!

Postby stanton62janet » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:06 am

40 ???
I am only on FIVE

Nadz

Postby Nadz » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:24 pm

I don't throw any gems at tradefests and get the bonus tier pet . You can aim to get half of the stickers and then get the rest next time and adopt the pet . It's challenging but doable with no gems if you work on having a good stock of items in storage . The issue I have is restocking my crops back because half are used to replant, people paying to plant have an advantage because they get ALL the crops they harvest and if they have a low amount they can still plant all their fields with that crop .

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:24 pm

Nadz wrote:.....The issue I have is restocking my crops back because half are used to replant, people paying to plant have an advantage because they get ALL the crops they harvest and if they have a low amount they can still plant all their fields with that crop .

I have the pay for crops system and have had it since it was first released. We do get to keep all that we harvest and do not have to use any crops to replant..... BUT we only get one crop per field per harvest, not 2 like you would with the old system. So it actually works out the same: If we both start out with 20 cotton... I plant 10 with coin and then harvest 10, giving me a total of 30 cotton. If you plant 10 you have to use 10 to plant but then harvest 20, leaving you with 30 cotton in the end. So it is equal there. Where it isn’t equal is that I can be completely out of a crop and still plant all 78 of my fields with it if I wanted. THAT is the real advantage. I’ve played for a long time and have had both systems, and I have to admit that I much prefer it with the pay for crops system. The original system worked just fine for the original game. But since it’s origin the game has changed so much and is so demanding on crops: all these constant events demand tons of them, the mass amounts of items to make at mills compared to before, boat orders asking for them, Adventure Ship challenges use tons of them, and so on and so on. It is so easy to deplete crops in this game, and even easier to forget to save some for replanting. I hope they implement the new system to all at some point soon. It seems they are trying as many games now switch back and forth between the two systems. There’s obviously a bug there, and a very very bad bug at that. I hope that gets fixed soon. But the new system is better in my opinion, It takes a lot of frustration out of the game to not have to remember to save enough crops for replanting.

Back to the original topic: I never get the BT only pets, but I don’t try that hard for them either :lol: Sure, I could if I wanted to and spent all my free time at it, but I don’t want to, lol. I will be able to get the mouse the next time it comes around, but that will be my first BT only pet (wait, edit: I did get the hummingbirds, but that’s my only one so far). But missing the rest doesn’t bother me too much, their stickers will be released into the game at some point and I’ll get them eventually ;)
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Nadz

Postby Nadz » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:39 pm

Yes if played that way it works out the same but at the end of 50 tiers I’m lucky to have 20 of most crops , I don’t have the advantage of planting all 78 fields with one crop and keeping the entire harvest and then planting the next crop on all 78 fields so on so forth . I plant all 20 and once ready and harvested it’s not enough to make anything in mills so I have to use half of that to replant , takes time building up enough to make mill items again . With there being less time between events it really is challenging . If I had pay to plant then I’d plant my entire fields with a long growing crop overnight and work on the shorter ones through the day so my stock would build a lot faster . The paying aspect really doesn’t bother me as it does some . There’s 2beta tests out and one of those is pay to plant but double the crop on harvest . I keep getting it bouncing between pay to plant and crop to plant which doesn’t help either , I stayed logged in last night so I didn’t lose the pay to plant and planted lavender on all fields overnight :D

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:21 pm

Nadz wrote:Yes if played that way it works out the same but at the end of 50 tiers I’m lucky to have 20 of most crops , I don’t have the advantage of planting all 78 fields with one crop and keeping the entire harvest and then planting the next crop on all 78 fields so on so forth . I plant all 20 and once ready and harvested it’s not enough to make anything in mills so I have to use half of that to replant , takes time building up enough to make mill items again . With there being less time between events it really is challenging . If I had pay to plant then I’d plant my entire fields with a long growing crop overnight and work on the shorter ones through the day so my stock would build a lot faster . The paying aspect really doesn’t bother me as it does some . There’s 2beta tests out and one of those is pay to plant but double the crop on harvest . I keep getting it bouncing between pay to plant and crop to plant which doesn’t help either , I stayed logged in last night so I didn’t lose the pay to plant and planted lavender on all fields overnight :D

I’m in total agreement. I remember how it used to be and know how it is now, and like I mentioned, it was ok for the original game but in no way works well for how demanding the game is now. On the note of the betas, I know there is a 1:2 even with pay for crops, though that beta is rare and most who have the beta have 1:1. And it seems the one they are trying to implement is the 1:1, however, that implementing has gone very bad. Like you have, it will switch between the old system and the new crops for coin. That’s obviously a serious programming issue that I hope they fix soon as it can completely ruin crop planting and harvesting tactics when it switches back and forth like that. They really really need to fix that. But it is totally true, there is a huge advantage in being able to plant huge amounts of crops at any time without having any in stock, and not having to plant a little of everything and also reserve some for planting AND have enough to use to make items. I hope the new system goes out to all (properly and not with bugs) very soon.

If we decide to do all 50 tiers then we are gonna be completely out of everything at the end, not just crops, lol. It’s all just about what we choose to do and not to do, and the tax of what we choose that then gets put on our games.

Just a side note: because crops are always so limited (even with having the pay system), I don’t keep my fields ready for harvesting for TF anymore. I can’t afford to not be growing and harvesting as much as possible as often as possible. Same with trees and shrubs. So what I do is keep 20 fields planted and growing with shorter grow time crops so that if I get a harvest X number of crops challenge I can still do those, but I use the rest of my fields for growing whatever else needs to be grown. Why wait for a challenge for specific crops that may or may not come up and waste all that growing time? For me, I’d rather delete a challenge and wait an hour for a new one rather than waste hours on end letting ready crops sit there waiting to maybe have a challenge for them. Once I started doing this, my crop supply got much better during TF.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Nadz

Postby Nadz » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:40 pm

Yes I changed my strategy too , can’t keep crops planted or trees ready to harvest anymore . I keep cotton and bamboo For TF and that’s it . I rather trash the order for harvesting a specific crop or tree

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:45 pm

Mudgie wrote: ...Tradefest should be just about one pet, challenging but doable with the right effort. Less days, less often and how about something different in between....

This is how the game used to be. To me, it was much more enjoyable back then. The whole bonus tier thing started I think because too many were complaining that they were too bored. But that was back when we only had a TF once a month and there were hardly any other events. Then they started retro TF, which I think is great because it gives people a chance to get a pet (or even 3 in one RTF) that they may have missed, but again with the complaining from people who already had those pets. So they started the BT only pet thing to give people something else to work towards and gain, and here we are stuck with it and those of us who don’t get the pet in time feel left out. It wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t as often. But with 2 TF a month and 2 building/gathering events a month, it is all just very daunting and has even become stressful for many. I think the devs may have forgeotten that the reason most of us play this game is to relax and that we miss the old way of the game. Yes, TF and challenges are fun, we were bored without them. But too many too often is too much. I’d like to see less events but not have them completely go, and also to have something new or different now and then.... like the old FlashFests or scavenger hunts, more book of Secrets challenges, or challenges that we can do at our own pace and not miss out on (like how the BOS works).

So at least they give us 2 TF to get the BT only pet. If you can get 20 BTs done each time, you’ll get that pet. But then on the other hand, many can’t even get 20 BTs done or choose not to (like me, I’d rather relax and restock), so it would be nice if they either lowered the amount needed to adopt them or let them be in maybe 3 or 4 TF instead of just 2. But the current BT pet system has many feeling left out.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA

Stephanie9609

Postby Stephanie9609 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:07 am

mauimonkey wrote:
Mudgie wrote: ...Tradefest should be just about one pet, challenging but doable with the right effort. Less days, less often and how about something different in between....

This is how the game used to be. To me, it was much more enjoyable back then. The whole bonus tier thing started I think because too many were complaining that they were too bored. But that was back when we only had a TF once a month and there were hardly any other events. Then they started retro TF, which I think is great because it gives people a chance to get a pet (or even 3 in one RTF) that they may have missed, but again with the complaining from people who already had those pets. So they started the BT only pet thing to give people something else to work towards and gain, and here we are stuck with it and those of us who don’t get the pet in time feel left out. It wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t as often. But with 2 TF a month and 2 building/gathering events a month, it is all just very daunting and has even become stressful for many. I think the devs may have forgeotten that the reason most of us play this game is to relax and that we miss the old way of the game. Yes, TF and challenges are fun, we were bored without them. But too many too often is too much. I’d like to see less events but not have them completely go, and also to have something new or different now and then.... like the old FlashFests or scavenger hunts, more book of Secrets challenges, or challenges that we can do at our own pace and not miss out on (like how the BOS works).

So at least they give us 2 TF to get the BT only pet. If you can get 20 BTs done each time, you’ll get that pet. But then on the other hand, many can’t even get 20 BTs done or choose not to (like me, I’d rather relax and restock), so it would be nice if they either lowered the amount needed to adopt them or let them be in maybe 3 or 4 TF instead of just 2. But the current BT pet system has many feeling left out.

What are the flash fests and scavenger hunt?
Island name is Stephanie.
Lots of pets are on the westside, decorations on the east side, and mills in the middle.

coralmp

Postby coralmp » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:08 am

Anyways, unless the devs allow to open more lands, I’m having a hard time figuring out where to place so many new pets and so often...
Btw, I’m using the same strategy: I’m not spending gems, trying to get 20 stickers at a time, and hopefully I’ll get the camel during the next TF

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”