Grand Gazebo / Topiary Fountain Event

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 3
Bamagirl1225

Re: Grand Gazebo / Topiary Fountain Event

Postby Bamagirl1225 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:12 pm

BethM wrote:
CoffeeQueen wrote:Am I missing something? I just see gold maps & gems as the final prize

Well, that’s 200 gems x 2 if we finish both items.

The new topiary hedge looks nice, I think. If we get enough of them, people can fancy up their mazes.

I was under the idea that the 200 gems were for completing both items, but does this mean that if we complete both we get 400 gems?
:D ( Roll Tide Roll )

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:08 pm

The wiki table does emphasize the rewards shown apply to each one, not both together. With the two towers event in October, each one gave its own rewards as we leveled it up, regardless of our progress on the other one. From the wiki, it looks like this should work the same.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 3
DragonDiscipleD

Postby DragonDiscipleD » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:40 pm

Bamagirl1225 wrote:
BethM wrote:
CoffeeQueen wrote:Am I missing something? I just see gold maps & gems as the final prize

Well, that’s 200 gems x 2 if we finish both items.

The new topiary hedge looks nice, I think. If we get enough of them, people can fancy up their mazes.

I was under the idea that the 200 gems were for completing both items, but does this mean that if we complete both we get 400 gems?

The way I read the wiki table it'll be 50 gems each for level 14 and then 200 gems for max level(s) for a grand total of 300 gems. Whether it'll be 100 gems for finishing each one, or do we actually have to max both to get anything ? ...sounds stupid, but I guess that remains to be seen. ;)
Island name: Me (Level 80) aka Tero
Finland

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:07 pm

Take another look at the column heading on the wiki page.

Rewards for *completing* level
(EACH decoration!)

I don’t see how this can be read to mean anything other than we get 200 gems for completing the gazebo level 15 and 200 gems for completing the topiary Level 15. With the level 14 gems, that would be 500 gems total.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme

Tier 3
DragonDiscipleD

Postby DragonDiscipleD » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:51 pm

BethM wrote:Take another look at the column heading on the wiki page.

(EACH decoration!)

I don’t see how this can be read to mean anything other than we get 200 gems for completing the gazebo level 15 and 200 gems for completing the topiary Level 15. With the level 14 gems, that would be 500 gems total.

Yes (and still no :P ) ...the 2x50 gems comes from *completing* level 14, meaning maxing each of them ... Now that I re-read it we *do* need to max both of them to get the extra reward of 200 gems. I stand behind my math ...it'll be 300 gems total. ;)

Notice the last two lines:
15 max level: n/a
Both 15 max level: 2x Secret Passage, 200x Gems
Island name: Me (Level 80) aka Tero
Finland

Tier 3
Lolly2017

Postby Lolly2017 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:38 pm

DragonDiscipleD wrote:
BethM wrote:Take another look at the column heading on the wiki page.

(EACH decoration!)

Yes (and still no :P ) ...the 2x50 gems comes from *completing* level 14, meaning maxing each of them ... Now that I re-read it we *do* need to max both of them to get the extra reward of 200 gems. I stand behind my math ...it'll be 300 gems total. ;)

Notice the last two lines:
15 max level: n/a
Both 15 max level: 2x Secret Passage, 200x Gems

Hi all. I think you could be right about only 200 for maxing both. In the Halloween event didn’t each pumpkin stack get only one of the two prizes available for maxing both levels, ie either the leaf pile or the witches house. Hope I’m remembering this correctly. Sounds exciting anyway. Have a wonderful day in paradise everyone. Cheers Lolly
✨ Have a great day in paradise :D .

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:53 pm

I see what you mean. Level 15 is listed twice.

Tier 8
Shrippers

Postby Shrippers » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:07 am

There’s the special extra prizes for maxing both; I tagged that extra row onto the bottom of the wiki table, with “BOTH 15” in the left hand cell, just like for the pumpkin Totems table (notwithstanding the dev’s unintentional glitch that occurred that time).

So you’ll get 50x gems from EACH decoration when competing Level 14 of each. Then when BOTH are at Level 15 you’ll get the 2 maps (with blurb about the fountain) and the 200x gems (with blurb about the Gazebo). So 300x gems in total if you complete both.
GC ID: Shrippers
Level: 80
UK

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:42 am

Shrippers wrote:There’s the special extra prizes for maxing both; I tagged that extra row onto the bottom of the wiki table, with “BOTH 15” in the left hand cell, just like for the pumpkin Totems table (notwithstanding the dev’s unintentional glitch that occurred that time).

So you’ll get 50x gems from EACH decoration when competing Level 14 of each. Then when BOTH are at Level 15 you’ll get the 2 maps (with blurb about the fountain) and the 200x gems (with blurb about the Gazebo). So 300x gems in total if you complete both.

Thanks for mapping it out for us Shrippers!
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 8
Shrippers

Postby Shrippers » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:55 am

J1st wrote:
Shrippers wrote:There’s the special extra prizes for maxing both; I tagged that extra row onto the bottom of the wiki table, with “BOTH 15” in the left hand cell, just like for the pumpkin Totems table (notwithstanding the dev’s unintentional glitch that occurred that time).

Thanks for mapping it out for us Shrippers!

No worries ;) Well that’s what is supposed to happen so we’ll see, anything can happen in this game...
GC ID: Shrippers
Level: 80
UK

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”