Grand Gazebo / Topiary Fountain Event

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 11
mauimonkey

Re: Grand Gazebo / Topiary Fountain Event

Postby mauimonkey » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:06 pm

Shrippers wrote:
mauimonkey wrote:
HeavenSent wrote:Just curious. Is anyone else getting potted flowers or plants by tapping wildlife? Almost every wildlife I tap, I'm getting one or the other. At this rate, I'm not going to need seeds for a while. I hope the developers have offered this to all players no matter what level they're on.

I tapped every single wildlife on every single island and not one. It’s either because you are lower level, or it’s a glitch. Either way, get as many as you can while you can!

Currently you won’t get anything from wildlife or treasure chests if you’re Level 65+.

Thanks for letting us know :)

Still doesn’t seem fair to us long time loyal players. They’ve already made it harder for us at the TP, which seems fair enough. No freebies for loyalty I guess, not even a rare one here and there.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 3
HeavenSent

Postby HeavenSent » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:27 pm

mauimonkey wrote:
Neen wrote:
HeavenSent wrote:Just curious. Is anyone else getting potted flowers or plants by tapping wildlife? Almost every wildlife I tap, I'm getting one or the other. At this rate, I'm not going to need seeds for a while. I hope the developers have offered this to all players no matter what level they're on.

My level 50 is getting lots from wildlife, nothing on my level 80.

There we go, that must be it. PB is holding grudges against high level players who have supported them for so long :roll:

Thanks for confirming that for us :)

Hello Mauimonkey!!! I concur. I don't think this is right or just. Due to the fact that I'm on level 51 shouldn't mean that I don't have to put in the work or drain my resources, to get seeds to make the plants, like level 65 players or higher have to. This is certainly a raw deal for y'all. I feel it's being handed to me on a silver platter. I prefer to work for what I get. That makes it more exciting and fun. I realize this is a zero sum game but, please PB Developers..... I kindly ask you to offer this to ALL players.

Leisa989

Postby Leisa989 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:49 pm

I don’t normally complain and I must admit before seeing what this was going to be like I kinda rolled my eyes about the posts, but I must apologize for doing so. This is BULL! I don’t mind buying specific animals for 20 bucks from time to time, or buying gems from time to time as my ocd wants to finish and I get impatient waiting for stuff to be done. That is on me and I get that. But, with that being said, I do mind that EVERYTHING costs gems and in order to get anywhere you basically have to live your life playing this game 24/7 to get anywhere during this event. I have been playing for years. I agree it isn’t fair the further you are up in rank the less “good’”stuff you get. I mean they already make it more difficult by asking for more stuff to be made in trade for even less then you get back. I think that the amount you get should be same as any level. Asking for more stuff made in order to get it I understand. Being higher rank you do have some advantages but not fair you only get 1-3 event items when lower ranks are getting 7-8. It kind of even outs when lower ranks don’t have to come up with as many items to get it and others are quadrupling the amount of items that usually take a long time to make. Anyway, sorry but I really like this game only one I have stuck to for so long but I am about to stop if this is going to be the normal of wanting so many gems.
Last edited by Leisa989 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tier 4
Neen

Postby Neen » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:08 pm

I just hopped about 10 islands on my level 50, from tapping wildlife I got 21 potted plants and 25 potted flowers :shock:
FB: Neen Paradise. Feel free to add me :)
Uk

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:26 pm

I completely agree that things should be the same across the board.
I've said it so many times in so many ways for so many various reasons. I'm not going to bore everyone and repeat it again. You all know the reasoning behind it and understand it fully.

My game is currently on level 69. Nothing from tapping wildlife either from my island or others. I haven't seen anything from chests either.

Aside from that complaint, it's still too early for me to gauge anything else.

I'm working on my fountain, and should that get completed, I'll go for the Gazebo.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 4
Mommyof2girls

Postby Mommyof2girls » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:07 pm

Wow. Just...wow.

I'm happy for lower level people because it will make it sooooo much easier for you to complete the items....but also it's like a slap in the face for the higher level people.

Not cool PB. Not cool at all. :cry:
- April
Level: 80
Treehouse: 4305
Windmill: 4105
Loving life in paradise!
8-) 8-) 8-)

1winenut

Postby 1winenut » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:11 pm

Having to wait on blacksmith to make supplies really slow this event down. How are you doing this event? Working on both gazebo and fountain at same time or separately.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:19 pm

I hated this event structure for the terrible towers event and I hate it all over again in this one. Yes, the blacksmith is the choking point, all over again.

They claim to have adjusted numbers to make it work better but it still sucks. And the Trading Post orders and rewards are still ridiculous. I am back to deleting most of them.

They also have offered one of the all time lousiest kick start bundles, basically 2000 points per item, plus a few assorted ingredients. This paltry assortment is totally not worth the same $10 they ask for 8 sundries boxes in other events. Worse still, this time they did not include the two extra supply stations.

I don’t mind paying for things in this game, but I do object to being asked the same amount for a markedly less useful bundle.

My advice: If you are building these things mostly for the 300 gems we get in the last couple levels, you can save $7 and a lot of aggravation and just buy the piggy bank gems.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 2
Mudgie

Postby Mudgie » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:30 pm

I'm still lagging behind in understanding this event (nothing new there :mrgreen:. I get that we're making construction stuff etc but we're making plants too, presumably to use at a point where they can be used to display in the gazebo and fountain. If that's the case why can we make them now? With the holiday sleigh (from memory) we could only make stuff when we needed it. My brain hurts.... This event is too complicated :?: Maybe it'll get easier...

Nicole83

Postby Nicole83 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:31 pm

Well I'm irritated as I've just leveled up to level 65 and while it's still early days I really am not keen on the whole making things to make other things, especially as I either have to keep referring to the flow chart or circling the mills involved to remember what I need, to try and manufacture items. The jury's out on the fact that none of the items are turning up in inventory which is good from the not needing extra storage aspect of things, but not good from the keeping track of progress aspect of things or is that just a glitch? :|

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”