Grand Gazebo / Topiary Fountain Event

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 16
BethM

Re: Grand Gazebo / Topiary Fountain Event

Postby BethM » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:39 pm

mauimonkey wrote:
Shrippers wrote:
mauimonkey wrote:HeavenSent wrote: “Just curious. Is anyone else getting potted flowers or plants by tapping wildlife? Almost every wildlife I tap, I'm getting one or the other. At this rate, I'm not going to need seeds for a while. I hope the developers have offered this to all players no matter what level they're on.”

I tapped every single wildlife on every single island and not one. It’s either because you are lower level, or it’s a glitch. Either way, get as many as you can while you can!

Currently you won’t get anything from wildlife or treasure chests if you’re Level 65+.

Thanks for letting us know :)

Still doesn’t seem fair to us long time loyal players. They’ve already made it harder for us at the TP, which seems fair enough. No freebies for loyalty I guess, not even a rare one here and there.

This is just so stupid of them. Us getting seeds from a few chests a day so we have to do a few less trading post orders is not going to disrupt their calculations for the event in any meaningful way. OTOH, That little trickle of goodies does a lot for player morale and happiness with the game.

I think they may be going for an all time record of bad decision making for this event, starting with using the turdstacks event as a model to begin with.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:16 pm

Mudgie wrote:I'm still lagging behind in understanding this event (nothing new there :mrgreen:. I get that we're making construction stuff etc but we're making plants too, presumably to use at a point where they can be used to display in the gazebo and fountain. If that's the case why can we make them now? With the holiday sleigh (from memory) we could only make stuff when we needed it. My brain hurts.... This event is too complicated :?: Maybe it'll get easier...

Check Finn's Cheat Sheet in the Announcement.

The flower pot from Arrbucks goes towards building the Gazebo finished feed product.

The potted plant from the Outfitters goes towards the Fountain's finished feed product.

I had started the first half hour making both thinking everything fed both sides. I since decided to just work on one part for now, The Fountain. It's less complicating and I'd rather be sure to complete one.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 2
Keysbound

Postby Keysbound » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:19 pm

Good plan. I think I will try for the fountain and then maybe........ :roll:

Tier 9
Bobbo

Postby Bobbo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:14 am

Kittykatz wrote:I'm working on my fountain, and should that get completed, I'll go for the Gazebo.

A-HA!

Lol!

I searched everywhere for your gazebo with no luck!

I thought I’d have to call in an expert for help!

LKW

Postby LKW » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:29 am

I'm saying this with love and a smile - Finn's cheat sheet looks like something I do at work as in not playing a game. Jus' sayin'. Still love the game, though.

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Postby Kittykatz » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:38 am

Bobbo wrote:
Kittykatz wrote:I'm working on my fountain, and should that get completed, I'll go for the Gazebo.

A-HA!

Lol!

I searched everywhere for your gazebo with no luck!

I thought I’d have to call in an expert for help!

Instead of the hounds you should have brought in the cats. They would have found the kitties playing in it for now. :lol: :lol:

Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 6
Zobyn

Postby Zobyn » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:18 am

mauimonkey wrote:
Neen wrote:
HeavenSent wrote:Just curious. Is anyone else getting potted flowers or plants by tapping wildlife? Almost every wildlife I tap, I'm getting one or the other. At this rate, I'm not going to need seeds for a while. I hope the developers have offered this to all players no matter what level they're on.

My level 50 is getting lots from wildlife, nothing on my level 80.

There we go, that must be it. PB is holding grudges against high level players who have supported them for so long :roll:

Thanks for confirming that for us :)

Amen.
I’m sure, though, the last two days of this event ( after I’ve finished) they’ll be tons of seeds in those chests and wildlife. Predictable
Facebook Zobyn Smith
level maxxed

Leisa989

Postby Leisa989 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:03 am

Ok, so I think I spoke to soon earlier. The event at first glance seemed daunting and overwhelming. I retract being hostile. So the event is actually easier than it appeared. I have not been spending gems and already at level 6 about to be at 7 and I haven’t played that much. For reference I am level 75 in the game. I am not getting anything in my chests or by tapping wildlife so that is a bit disappointing. I have to give cuddles to PB for trying to please the vast majority of its audience. They make tweeks as people express their unhappiness. So for that I applaud them. I imagine this game isn’t easy to always come up with so many ideas. As I stated before I truly like this game. Earlier was the first time I displayed frustration and even posted about it. I should have looked how the event was unfolding before blasting off. We are also learning that the pig is not so bad either. If you have a year to complete it then I am not mad over that. I am sure over the corse of a year I would have spent that much in buying gems. So no skin off my back per say. If it truly was over 13 days though that would have been out right gouging. Anyway, thanks for listening. I always feel when I am wrong I should speak up.

Aggerthy

Postby Aggerthy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:56 am

What do you get for helping friends. Those points . How do they count.

Tier 2
Mudgie

Postby Mudgie » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:06 pm

Thanks for all the replies PB ers! Think I'm grasping it better now, I can see that the topiary pots go into the mix with the construction supplies for the foundation and the potted plants ditto for the gazebo :D So I'm getting there. Enjoying it so far! :P

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”