Daily Rewards question...

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 4
Mommyof2girls

Daily Rewards question...

Postby Mommyof2girls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:55 pm

Hey peeps!! Would love some help...

I recently got the option of the daily rewards. It opened up and showed me the different rewards on each tier. On that day I paid the $19.99 and I got the dragon and rewards for like 10 or 12 days. Since that day I can see the dragon banner on the left side of my screen with a daily countdown but I can't click on it. When I try to, nothing happens and no rewards are shown to me. Is this a glitch? Do the rewards automatically get added to your account each day or is it something you have to open and click on? I'm just wondering how it all works since this is the first time I've been offered this. I just need to know if I need to contact support to get it working right. Thanks!
- April
Level: 80
Treehouse: 4305
Windmill: 4105
Loving life in paradise!
8-) 8-) 8-)

Tier 16
BethM

Re: Daily Rewards question...

Postby BethM » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:02 pm

This is definitely a technical glitch.

My daily rewards banner pops up the first time I open my game after about 2 or 3 pm my time. It definitely shows us collecting what we got.

You might try a hard close of your device to see if this feature fixes itself. That sometimes works with PB glitches.

If that doesn’t help, maybe a support ticket is needed.

Also, I have found that even if I do not open the game for a couple days, they still give me all the back rewards as well as the current day. This was true whether or not I bought the premium tier.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 4
Mommyof2girls

Postby Mommyof2girls » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:30 pm

Thanks so much Beth...off to send a message then...
- April
Loving life in paradise!
8-) 8-) 8-)

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:28 pm

BethM wrote:Also, I have found that even if I do not open the game for a couple days, they still give me all the back rewards as well as the current day. This was true whether or not I bought the premium tier.

If what you say here is accurate, then you have a very fortunate glitch yourself. You should not be getting rewards for past days that you missed (unless you are just then purchasing the premium tier offer). How it should work is that each 24 hours a tier is offered for collection. If you open your game any time within the 24 hours since that specific tier activated, it should automatically pop up when you open your game and give you the screen to collect it. It doesn’t require clicking on the banner. Once that 24 hours is up and the next tier is offered for collection you should no longer be able to collect a previous tier that you may have missed. Again, this is how it should work and if you find that you are able to collect previous tiers after the current one is offered, then you have a very fortunate glitch ;)

Mine functions perfectly as it was intended to be, no glitches. I am not able to collect any that were missed. I just missed 3 days and was not able to collect them.

Mommyof2girls, there are numerous glitches with this feature. The first big warning sign that there will be glitches is when you don’t get the beta on the day that it starts. When people get it randomly out of nowhere well after the start date, just about everyone then has issues with it. What it means is that you weren’t supposed to get it, but because of a glitch you did. But because you shouldn’t have had it in the first place it then doesn’t know how to function properly. This seems to be the case with everyone who randomly gets it later. Yes, you’ll have to contact support. But it may not be an easy thing for them to fix.
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 4
Mommyof2girls

Postby Mommyof2girls » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:54 pm

mauimonkey wrote:Mommyof2girls, there are numerous glitches with this feature. The first big warning sign that there will be glitches is when you don’t get the beta on the day that it starts. When people get it randomly out of nowhere well after the start date, just about everyone then has issues with it. What it means is that you weren’t supposed to get it, but because of a glitch you did. But because you shouldn’t have had it in the first place it then doesn’t know how to function properly. This seems to be the case with everyone who randomly gets it later. Yes, you’ll have to contact support. But it may not be an easy thing for them to fix.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to see what they say I guess. They better either fix it or give me some sort of refund because I'm not ok paying the $19.99 for just the pet and some upgrade stickers for it. :?
- April
Loving life in paradise!
8-) 8-) 8-)

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:52 pm

mauimonkey wrote:
BethM wrote:Also, I have found that even if I do not open the game for a couple days, they still give me all the back rewards as well as the current day. This was true whether or not I bought the premium tier.

If what you say here is accurate, then you have a very fortunate glitch yourself. You should not be getting rewards for past days that you missed (unless you are just then purchasing the premium tier offer). How it should work is that each 24 hours a tier is offered for collection. If you open your game any time within the 24 hours since that specific tier activated, it should automatically pop up when you open your game and give you the screen to collect it. It doesn’t require clicking on the banner. Once that 24 hours is up and the next tier is offered for collection you should no longer be able to collect a previous tier that you may have missed. Again, this is how it should work and if you find that you are able to collect previous tiers after the current one is offered, then you have a very fortunate glitch ;)

I assumed that’s how it would work and had been logging in daily to collect, and when I was gone over Christmas, I figured I would lose those days. But no, when I logged in it gave me everything, very clearly showing, 8 of this, then 4 of that, and so on. IMO, it clearly was coded to do this. I did eventually buy the premium tier, but was still only getting the free level at that time.

It does it so consistently, even when I have not purchased the premium, that I don’t think it was just a glitch. With beta tests, they often design slightly different versions for different groups of players. It might just be that I have a different version from yours.

I also had the daily rewards appear yeasterday, for the first time, in my game 1. It gave me basic tier rewards from days 1 - 24, one after another! It didn’t come back today.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:46 am

I think I've got the same beta as BethM does, because I have missed several days and when I just went to look, all days on the free stuff show checked and delivered. I plan on buying the premium on day 29, to confirm what happens. It should give me all the previous premium stuff because I do have the daily rewards beta. The difference between hers and mine is that when I log into the game, I always see the daily rewards banner.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:15 am

Beth and Jerry, you don’t get the collect screen? This is what it looks like.....

This is the only way I can collect. Like I outlined in my previous post, it automatically pops up when I open my game for the first time since the current reward of the day activated. I’m not sure what you mean by the banner.... mine is always there and I can check the rewards there, but the only way for me to collect is when I get that collect screen shown above.

I don’t doubt that what you are saying is true for your games. However, the whole point of the daily rewards (also like it was for the dolphin statue) is for us to log into our games daily. PB wants us to log in daily, to play daily, and to hopefully spend money more often. And while it is for sure true that betas can have different versions, it really makes no sense to have a version that gives missed rewards. Especially when the requirement is that each item has to be collected on the day it was offered, a daily reward.

Here is the wiki discription for it.....

Again, mine functions exactly how it is supposed to, and how it is outlined above. Here is a pic of my missed days, I have absolutely no way to collect them and it clearly shows them being missed.....

So if what you guys are experiencing is a glitch (this beta is riddled with them, just not for me) or a different beta, as far as the experts know it is not supposed to function the way you both have described it. Again, very fortunate for you both. I honestly don’t think it should function that way. Lucky for you guys :)
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:18 pm

Yes, I get the collect screen, but when I miss days before opening, I get one day’s screen after the next until it gets caught up.

I think maybe we need to get away from the “supposed to” notion that there is only one right way, wiki notwithstanding. IMO it seems more likely that, as with most their beta tests, there are multiple versions of this beta feature being tested and this aspect works differently in different versions. It has functioned this way on both my Windows laptop game and on its one brief visit to my iPad game (two different islands, two different operating systems).

I agree, from a marketing POV, it doesn’t make a lot of sense, especially for the free tier rewards. I too thought an objective of this feature was to encourage us to log in to our games every day. Offering the missed days only for the people who pay would make sense, as a further benefit of buying the Premium tier. Still, we’ve seen wackier ideas than this in some of their other betas (unlimited storage?!?).
Last edited by BethM on Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tebben4

Postby tebben4 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:41 pm

I have been playing now for 7 days and have NOT once received the daily reward, I only knew about them because my friend who got me started told me about them, two days ago I put two tickets in techn. to help with the issue and still nothing....I think it's crap and I should get all the daily's I've missed because you cant or wont fix your issues

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”