TO ALL THE AMAZING PB DESIGNERS

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 4
joaniechris

TO ALL THE AMAZING PB DESIGNERS

Postby joaniechris » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:54 pm

Please know, especially those of you leaving the King Seattle and SF studios this last week, that YOU ROCK!!!!! You created the most amazing game with clever, lovable, imaginative characters and kept us supplied with oodles of smiles and fun for 4 years!!!!! I send you my best hopes for your future and my most heartfelt thank you for all the heart and soul you put in Paradise Bay. You will be missed.
Last edited by joaniechris on Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GC name: joaniechris

Tier 3
Bilbocroft

Re: TO ALL THE AMAZING PB DEVELOPERS

Postby Bilbocroft » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:13 pm

Are you talking about Paradise Bay, yeah?. . . . the game that has stagnated for months and months with only repeats of the same boring money grabs. . .
"heart and soul"? ??? - what "heart and soul" have they put in in the last year???
Stuck on level 80 like many many others.
Was stuck on level 75 like so many others
Was stuck on level 60 like many others in Nov 2016 and then didn’t play for 15 months.
Came back in Mar 2018 after my grandaughter found the app.

Tier 4
joaniechris

Postby joaniechris » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:42 pm

Do you know that all the US developers were laid off this week? Unclear if the game will continue.

Tier 4
joaniechris

Postby joaniechris » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:43 pm

From the blogs I have read, the illustrators and guys in the trenches were tryin* right up to the end.

Tier 3
Bilbocroft

Postby Bilbocroft » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:33 pm

joaniechris wrote:Do you know that all the US developers were laid off this week? Unclear if the game will continue.

Yes I did. Not a good situation but my comment was aimed at "King development". If because of their situation all they can produce is this ghost of a game then they should close it down and not try to milk the vunerable for all they can get. Shame for the individuals - shameful for the company.
Was stuck on level 60 like many others in Nov 2016 and then didn’t play for 15 months.

Silverknight

Postby Silverknight » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:01 pm

joaniechris wrote:Please know, especially those of you leaving the King Seattle and SF studios this last week, that YOU ROCK!!!!! You created the most amazing game with clever, lovable, imaginative characters and kept us supplied with oodles of smiles and fun for 4 years!!!!! I send you my best hopes for your future and my most heartfelt thank you for all the heart and soul you put in Paradise Bay. You will be missed.

You're right about that! There will always be the element of negativity ..that is a constant. However, the positives outweigh any negative people or factors in our lives.
As with any aspect of life.....even a game, we dismiss the nay sayers and look to the future.

PB, understand that many of us respect and appreciate your skills, creativity, and talent in a project that may have been under appreciated, disrespected, and overwhelmed. I'm hoping for a bright future for you and your families. Yes, there are so many of us that applaud your beautiful work. Thank you!
Silverknight98765432 when playing through GP.
The only way I could keep Silverknight was by adding all those numbers! :)

Tier 4
joaniechris

Postby joaniechris » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:31 pm

Thanks, Silverknight - I wanted this post to be a big thank you to the people who actually created all our favorite PB characters. I applaud their imagination and creative skill! I, for one, love this game!

That said, I think the folks that were laid off probably would join us all in wishing that both the companies that bought out Z2 (the small studio that invented PB) had focused more resources on PB. We see it’s amazing potential!

Tier 4
joaniechris

Re: TO ALL THE AMAZING PB DESIGNERS

Postby joaniechris » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:37 pm

I changed the title to designers :D :D

Tier 3
Bilbocroft

Re: TO ALL THE AMAZING PB DESIGNERS

Postby Bilbocroft » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:15 pm

joaniechris wrote:I changed the title to designers :D :D

Agreed, initial concept and design is great. . . Even initial development was great. . . my problem is with the so called developers over the last 12 to 15 months who haven't developed anything.

Silverknight

Postby Silverknight » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:25 pm

joaniechris wrote:Thanks, Silverknight - I wanted this post to be a big thank you to the people who actually created all our favorite PB characters. I applaud their imagination and creative skill! I, for one, love this game!

That said, I think the folks that were laid off probably would join us all in wishing that both the companies that bought out Z2 (the small studio that invented PB) had focused more resources on PB. We see it’s amazing potential!

Yes, your thread is positive....that's how I interpreted your intent. Now we'll see what happens. I hope and pray it will a positive outcome for all PB employees and their families.

Thanks so much for starting this thread....hope everything to follow will be positive. :)
Silverknight98765432 when playing through GP.
The only way I could keep Silverknight was by adding all those numbers! :)

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”