Why are they still awarding dye??

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
singingwarrior

Why are they still awarding dye??

Postby singingwarrior » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:16 pm

Does anyone know why they are still awarding us dye as a diving prize when they removed the option to buy things with it in the bazaar? I haven't been able to use it for months. Is dye useful for anything else?

Texascarrie

Re: Why are they still awarding dye??

Postby Texascarrie » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:21 pm

It’s only used to turn into discs to “feed” to the frog on one of the secret islands to get free stuff. I don’t get why it can’t be used to make yarn. Seems so logical.

singingwarrior

Postby singingwarrior » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:10 am

There's a secret island with frogs??? What level must you be for that? And yes, you'd think we could do something like yarn or clothes with the dye. I have tons of it taking up space in my treehouse.

Tier 9
Bobbo

Postby Bobbo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:38 am

While it’s not a big help, dyes can be used to buy things, mainly decorations, from Sita at the Bazaar.

Sherlock

Postby Sherlock » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:38 am

Wishing wellspring island has the frogs. Need map pieces not level rating. The pots you put the dye in seem to get rid of them but I think the discs they are turned into still take up storage space but you can't sell them. Then convert multiple discs via very slow frogs into a "bonus". Dyeing fabric or yarn , or stopping giving them out so prolifically as dive prizes would be better I think.

singingwarrior

Postby singingwarrior » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:56 am

You were right about the bazaar. I had been overlooking them all this time. :/

Tier 3
Bilbocroft

Postby Bilbocroft » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:43 pm

singingwarrior wrote:Does anyone know why they are still awarding us dye as a diving prize when they removed the option to buy things with it in the bazaar? I haven't been able to use it for months. Is dye useful for anything else?

I buy puffer fish with the green and blue. . . . I don't display them but I buy them so I don't put them on the WM.
Stuck on level 80 like many many others.
Was stuck on level 75 like so many others
Was stuck on level 60 like many others in Nov 2016 and then didn’t play for 15 months.
Came back in Mar 2018 after my grandaughter found the app.

Tier 9
Bobbo

Postby Bobbo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:53 pm

Bilbocroft wrote:
singingwarrior wrote:Does anyone know why they are still awarding us dye as a diving prize when they removed the option to buy things with it in the bazaar? I haven't been able to use it for months. Is dye useful for anything else?

I buy puffer fish with the green and blue. . . . I don't display them but I buy them so I don't put them on the WM.

Plus puffer fish don’t take up any storage from the treehouse or windmill! :D

I had always wanted to do a fish pond with puffer fish, so with all the dye I was able to do this:

Photo courtesy of our very own resident photographer Kittykatz!

singingwarrior

Postby singingwarrior » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:48 pm

Buying the puffer fish is a great tip! Isn't it weird...my treehouse and windmill are always full, yet I rarely have enough stuff to finish trade post requests! :lol:

Tier 9
Bobbo

Postby Bobbo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:49 pm

singingwarrior wrote:Buying the puffer fish is a great tip! Isn't it weird...my treehouse and windmill are always full, yet I rarely have enough stuff to finish trade post requests! :lol:

Right?!? :lol:

It always seems to want the one thing I don’t have!

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”