Different mindset

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
AthCath

Different mindset

Postby AthCath » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:12 am

First background: I am level 78 and new to the forum, yet 'trolled' and have kept up to date.
I would like to offer these thoughts. I know how things on the forum can get, so I am up for all feedback!
With the several threads about people losing interest and complaining about the lack of future after level 80, I reflected on my game-play. I realized I play PB like my several other favorites. The big difference is the other games have what seem are endless levels. The challenge is getting to the next level. Unfortunately, PB doesn't offer that, apparently. So, I am lingering at level 78, gathering coins that I can't spend, going on adventures, etc. to what end?
I've realized that apparently level 80 is the end and I can redecorate my island as I wish, but it is nothing like my other games. It can end and I will be at the end at level 80 and I have to be ok with that. I have a different mindset with the game because there is no 'win'.

Cheers!

Tier 15
J1st

Re: Different mindset

Postby J1st » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:38 am

The wiki has already listed some of the new items that will be available when levels 81-85 hit, so I don't think level 80 is the end of the game. I think some of the games you play have many many levels beyond 80. I know a game I play (not PB) has at least level 175, as that is the highest I've found so far. When this game started, we only had level 40, so in the three years I've been playing, they have doubled the levels. The appeal to this game, at least for me, is that it isn't a game you win, it's a adventure you play. I am ever hopeful that some of the incredible talent that went to create the game will continue to come up with new and exciting avenues for the players. There has been a period of doldrums lately. The lack of land and sea expansion has troubled many, and many are wanting to have the ability to show everything they have done in the game, which is a reasonable request. My storage is probably triple what I have on display on my island. I hope the future is bright and interesting, and it's time for the devs to put on their thinking caps and come up with the next adventure! ;)
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

MrsDynamint

Postby MrsDynamint » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:27 pm

J1st wrote:The wiki has already listed some of the new items that will be available when levels 81-85 hit, so I don't think level 80 is the end of the game. I think some of the games you play have many many levels beyond 80. I know a game I play (not PB) has at least level 175, as that is the highest I've found so far. When this game started, we only had level 40, so in the three years I've been playing, they have doubled the levels. The appeal to this game, at least for me, is that it isn't a game you win, it's a adventure you play. I am ever hopeful that some of the incredible talent that went to create the game will continue to come up with new and exciting avenues for the players. There has been a period of doldrums lately. The lack of land and sea expansion has troubled many, and many are wanting to have the ability to show everything they have done in the game, which is a reasonable request. My storage is probably triple what I have on display on my island. I hope the future is bright and interesting, and it's time for the devs to put on their thinking caps and come up with the next adventure! ;)

Very good point. The appeal, for me at least, is visiting and seeing everyone’s different islands.
I get a lot of ideas for my own that way. I also like finding the little surprises that King put in waiting for players to find- like that you can put puffer fish and reeds in the river above the treehouse.
I have been playing for a year and just discovered that recently.

Tier 3
Bilbocroft

Postby Bilbocroft » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:12 pm

J1st wrote:The wiki has already listed some of the new items that will be available when levels 81-85 hit, so I don't think level 80 is the end of the game. I think some of the games you play have many many levels beyond 80. I know a game I play (not PB) has at least level 175, as that is the highest I've found so far. When this game started, we only had level 40, so in the three years I've been playing, they have doubled the levels. The appeal to this game, at least for me, is that it isn't a game you win, it's a adventure you play. I am ever hopeful that some of the incredible talent that went to create the game will continue to come up with new and exciting avenues for the players. There has been a period of doldrums lately. The lack of land and sea expansion has troubled many, and many are wanting to have the ability to show everything they have done in the game, which is a reasonable request. My storage is probably triple what I have on display on my island. I hope the future is bright and interesting, and it's time for the devs to put on their thinking caps and come up with the next adventure! ;)

It stopped being an adventure some months ago. We all have stuff we can't display. At this point in time King need to make a decision. Improve the game and throw some resources at it or close it down and put us all out of our misery.
Stuck on level 80 like many many others.
Was stuck on level 75 like so many others
Was stuck on level 60 like many others in Nov 2016 and then didn’t play for 15 months.
Came back in Mar 2018 after my grandaughter found the app.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:25 pm

I have thought for some time now that it is past time to reboot the franchise and release PB2. Other games do it so I dont know why they are so reluctant to do it. There should be a way they can keep PB1 playable while redirecting new efforts into a new release.

Take what works best from this game, fix some of the imbalances, eliminate or reduce XP everywhere so the game takes longer, change a couple things that work worst (like the WM), make a new map with enough space to cover its projected life span, add some new features and a new scenario, stories and characters.

Five more levels tacked on to this game is not really the answer, imo. I found levels 76-80 to be not very interesting or rewarding, just more of the same.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Silverknight

Postby Silverknight » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:23 pm

BethM wrote:I have thought for some time now that it is past time to reboot the franchise and release PB2. Other games do it so I dont know why they are so reluctant to do it. There should be a way they can keep PB1 playable while redirecting new efforts into a new release.

Take what works best from this game, fix some of the imbalances, eliminate or reduce XP everywhere so the game takes longer, change a couple things that work worst (like the WM), make a new map with enough space to cover its projected life span, add some new features and a new scenario, stories and characters.

Five more levels tacked on to this game is not really the answer, imo. I found levels 76-80 to be not very interesting or rewarding, just more of the same.

Beth, I wish they'd hire you as a consultant. Your suggestions make so much sense. :)
Silverknight98765432 when playing through GP.
The only way I could keep Silverknight was by adding all those numbers! :)

Tier 2
DinaV

Postby DinaV » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:50 pm

Personally, I wish they would stop with the pets. There are too many of them. I’ve taken the approach to have most pets out those that have the potential to drop storage parts, since I want to expand storage and don’t care for more coins, dye or maps at the moment. I’d be cool with a storage pen that could hold multiple pets that drop the same type of item to save space.

In the meantime, I periodically redecorate, as that’s my main draw to the game.

I’d like to see a new character to refresh the storyline aspect of the game.
Level: 80
Likes: cooking, wine, cigars, coffee, shiny objects, hubby
Dislikes: slow drivers, spiders, flat beer

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”