PB Appreciation Thread

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Silverknight

PB Appreciation Thread

Postby Silverknight » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi everyone.....
If you're like me, you're pretty devastated by the closure of this game. Before saying goodbye, there are so many aspects of the PB experience that fill me with gratitude. Right now my mind is spinning and I'm not as articulate as I'd like to be. Here are a few things on my gratitude list to start with:

A big shout out to the people who developed and maintained the PB wiki! I can't imagine how much time and work went into that. It was a masterpiece!

The superb graphics and subtle, whimsical touches in the design...just tapping on items to watch them move.

Pets with so much expression in their movements and faces. The owlet jumping in the pile of leaves!

Visiting other islands and meeting new players. The ability to share and offer gifts to others.

The Forums! I won't say names because I don't want to leave anyone out, but we could always be certain that several people would go out of their way to answer questions, doing research, providing links, or whatever was needed. And LAUGHING....oh, yes, so much brilliance and wit always. And caring and compassion amongst players.

Making lovely new friends!

I've left out a lot, but it's a start.
I'm thankful I was able to be a part of this journey. Hope you'll add your thoughts to this thread.
Silverknight98765432 when playing through GP.
The only way I could keep Silverknight was by adding all those numbers! :)

Tier 2
Relea5e2222

Re: PB Appreciation Thread

Postby Relea5e2222 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:19 pm

What a wonderfully written post and a great idea for a thread.

I too have loved every minute playing this game... never missed one day in the almost 5 years since I downloaded it. I'd log in multiple times a day to take a trip to my beautiful island home away from home and cut some crops... build some things... smile at my animals. And once again as I type the tears start to form.

I so wish that there was another company willing to take over... I know there have to be hundreds of thousands of players around the world who love their PB. Even on a subscription basis... I know enough of us would be willing to pay monthly to be able to continue our favorite game.

I'm sure I'm beating an already dead horse... but had to say it anyway.

THANK YOU PB for giving us the most wonderful, clever, gorgeous, fun, creative, friend-building game ever.

-Linda
-Linda
PJam Isle
Level 75
All characters leveled except Sheena

Tier 2
PacificOshi

Postby PacificOshi » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:23 pm

I didn’t quote any of your post, Silverknight, because I agree with everything you said. And said beautifully, too.

Feeling sad, I will miss my friends, even though I don’t know any of you outside the forum and game. I wish you all love, happiness, peace, and good friends.

Pacific Oshi

Tier 4
Neen

Postby Neen » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:36 pm

Beautiful Silver :)

I love everything about PB. All the little animations and just the huge amount of thought put into all those little details, no tablet game has ever held my attention as long as this one.
FB: Neen Paradise. Feel free to add me :)
Uk

IngridL

Postby IngridL » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:50 pm

Very sad to read my fun game is ging to stop! Financial problems i presume? I play several years now and don't want to miss it. Big thanks to the designers of this game. Ingrid :shock:

Corinthians47

Postby Corinthians47 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:27 pm

I'm so saddened to see it all end...it was fun and relaxing. It was a clean and enjoyable game. I been playing nearly three years.....I will miss my little island.

NatashaMarzo

Postby NatashaMarzo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:46 pm

If you google “activision closures” you can get the full story on why Paradise Bay is closing. I feel bad for the talented people losing their jobs. This gam has been such a pleasure to me - I’ve appreciated the graphics and the community spirit. At times I’ve actually thought managing a trading post on a small, tropical island was a reasonable life goal! I’m going to spend my millions of gems trying to get all the pets - those have been my favorite features of the game and I’ll miss them. I was also looking forward to the wedding and had already set up the venue. Thank you to everyone who created and played this game - it was a gift.

Tier 3
C2K1

Postby C2K1 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:45 pm

Was never into gaming apps before I stumbled across this one. Tried it coincidentally, but got hooked by the design and the unique storyline. Here I am 3.5 years later still enjoying countless aspects of it.Thank you to everyone who created it and showed me a different world. When it comes to games, PB will always remain my first love (and we all know that a first love will always be something special, right ;) )
All the way to level 80 and I enjoyed the whole ride!!!
Island name: "C.K." aka "Bhutan18"
Danke/ Thank you for all the people that I met along this journey!

Farmville Tropic Escape Code: L4K-UXZV

Tier 2
Jinkies

Postby Jinkies » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:14 pm

I appreciate success not failure. This was a colossal failure and the product of ineptitude. Sorry all you PollyAnnas, this was business, and they blew it.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Silverknight

Postby Silverknight » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:02 pm

Jinkies wrote:I appreciate success not failure. This was a colossal failure and the product of ineptitude. Sorry all you PollyAnnas, this was business, and they blew it.

Jinkies , you are certainly entitled to your opinions, as are we all. This thread is intended to express appreciation. It's not about name calling and complaints. Many of us have had occasion to rant, complain and express anger, myself included. There are plenty of remaining threads to vent. By the way, not everything is measured by money. To me, the game was successful in providing peaceful enjoyment and the bonding of a community of players.
Thank you and best wishes.
Silverknight
Silverknight98765432 when playing through GP.
The only way I could keep Silverknight was by adding all those numbers! :)

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”