Regrets and thank you's....

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Katieakakathat

Regrets and thank you's....

Postby Katieakakathat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:39 am

Since the awful news broke, I've been thinking about what I regret most about my time on Paradise Bay...

And I think my biggest regret was not getting involved in the fourm when I first found it. Like I said in my earlier post, I've been playing since the very start, but like Katrina376 said in her post, I've been a long time lurker and first time poster yesterday.

I admit when I first started playing the game, I wasn't that good, the last game I'd been addicted to was Tetris on my Nintendo hand held console and that was about 25 years ago ( I'm now 42). I've never been one to game, helped my sister complete a few Candy Crush levels, but other then that, I suppose Solitare was the only other game I played on my phone.

Well that was until the fateful day I saw my sister playing Paradise Bay and was so amazed with the graphics and concept, that I though I'd give it a go. So fast forward some years later and many sleepless night later and I'm finally here posting on the fourm, which really is too little too late.

I don't really know why I just lurked in the back ground, could have been because I was so addicted to actually playing the game, that I didn't have enough time to reply to all the posts I read. It could have been that I also didn't find the fourm for over a year after I started playing and by then there were all these regulars and everyone had such a good rapore, that I felt like my in-eloquently put replies wouldn't have been worth it.

Well whatever it was that had some of us just lurking it's kinda beside the point now.... but what isn't beside the point is actually thanking all the regulars on the fourm that have helped us lurkers and non-lurkers alike, as I really have appreciated your help over the many years, even though I have never thanked anyone before this.

So to all the regulars that have gone above and beyond just playing there own games and have taken the time to help others, I truly thank you... Your poems, your funny anecdotes, your funny gifs and all your time helping others is truly appreciated by myself and by all....

And by the looks of reading some of the earier threads , it seems like a few of the regulars have gone missing since the awful news broke. Hopefully they will be back so they can read my thanks and looks like they are really missed already. So hopefully they come back before the beautiful game that is Paradise Bay is closed forever ( Well I'm hoping not forever, but will have to wait and see if miracles can work for our little slice of Paradise)....

Silverknight

Re: Regrets and thank you's....

Postby Silverknight » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:14 pm

What a lovely post. I too was shy about jumping on to the forum discussions, and I'm still so appreciative of the many dedicated PB community who contributed so much knowledge and humor to the game. Really, I'm just in awe of some of those folks. Next time around, join in! :)
Silverknight98765432 when playing through GP.
The only way I could keep Silverknight was by adding all those numbers! :)

Tier 3
DesertDuo78

Postby DesertDuo78 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:41 pm

Thank you, Katieakakathat!!!
You said it so perfectly for all of us non-gamers!

Best wishes to all and hope we will meet again...
Judy
Island 1: "Judy" AZ Flag (or "Steve" with NO FB)
Level: 80

Tier 1
Sherbear58

Postby Sherbear58 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:50 pm

This is a shame that they are closing this is the only game I see that had the greatest everything...
I have been amazed by everything here, it shocks me that they are closing, it's unreal! :cry: wish they would Change their minds about it! :cry:

Katrina376

Postby Katrina376 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:46 am

Katieakakathat wrote:Since the awful news broke, I've been thinking about what I regret most about my time on Paradise Bay...

And I think my biggest regret was not getting involved in the fourm when I first found it. Like I said in my earlier post, I've been playing since the very start, but like Katrina376 said in her post, I've been a long time lurker and first time poster yesterday.

I admit when I first started playing the game, I wasn't that good, the last game I'd been addicted to was Tetris on my Nintendo hand held console and that was about 25 years ago ( I'm now 42). I've never been one to game, helped my sister complete a few Candy Crush levels, but other then that, I suppose Solitare was the only other game I played on my phone.

Well that was until the fateful day I saw my sister playing Paradise Bay and was so amazed with the graphics and concept, that I though I'd give it a go. So fast forward some years later and many sleepless night later and I'm finally here posting on the fourm, which really is too little too late.

I don't really know why I just lurked in the back ground, could have been because I was so addicted to actually playing the game, that I didn't have enough time to reply to all the posts I read. It could have been that I also didn't find the fourm for over a year after I started playing and by then there were all these regulars and everyone had such a good rapore, that I felt like my in-eloquently put replies wouldn't have been worth it.

Well whatever it was that had some of us just lurking it's kinda beside the point now.... but what isn't beside the point is actually thanking all the regulars on the fourm that have helped us lurkers and non-lurkers alike, as I really have appreciated your help over the many years, even though I have never thanked anyone before this.

So to all the regulars that have gone above and beyond just playing there own games and have taken the time to help others, I truly thank you... Your poems, your funny anecdotes, your funny gifs and all your time helping others is truly appreciated by myself and by all....

And by the looks of reading some of the earier threads , it seems like a few of the regulars have gone missing since the awful news broke. Hopefully they will be back so they can read my thanks and looks like they are really missed already. So hopefully they come back before the beautiful game that is Paradise Bay is closed forever ( Well I'm hoping not forever, but will have to wait and see if miracles can work for our little slice of Paradise)....

Thanks for the tiny shoutout.
I also do have regrets about not posting/sharing earlier. I am so incredibly grateful for everyone who has posted & also for the wiki (which I found through this forum). I never would have figured out so much on my own.

PS I also was previously addicted to Tetris about 25 years ago.

Katieakakathat

Postby Katieakakathat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:06 am

Silverknight wrote:What a lovely post. I too was shy about jumping on to the forum discussions, and I'm still so appreciative of the many dedicated PB community who contributed so much knowledge and humor to the game. Really, I'm just in awe of some of those folks. Next time around, join in! :)

I'm defiantly in awe too... Seems like people made some really good friends in here, the kinda friends that will keep in touch even after our little islands disappear forever...

I never joined Facebook, so dont know what the group is like on there.... Just a shame they can't at least keep the fourm open, at least all the regulars and new posters like myself could have some where to reminisce about our beautiful game...

Don't know if it would help with the sadness keeping the fourm open, but at least it would have been something...

Katieakakathat

Postby Katieakakathat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:16 am

I also do have regrets about not posting/sharing earlier. I am so incredibly grateful for everyone who has posted & also for the wiki (which I found through this forum). I never would have figured out so much on my own.

PS I also was previously addicted to Tetris about 25 years ago.[/quote]

Weren't we the silly ones, should have maybe spent a little less time actually playing the game and should have gotten involved in the greatness that was ( and is for a little time longer ) the Paradise Bay forum.

I really do regret just popping in and out to read posts and not getting involved.... There really seemed like some great people here....

Oh how I wished I done things differently....

P.S - Tetris, what a fantastic little game, who knew gaming would come so far... Think I might go up in my loft and we if I still have my game... might help with the fact that nothing will ever match up to Paradise Bay.....
Last edited by Katieakakathat on Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Katieakakathat

Postby Katieakakathat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:18 am

Katrina376 wrote:
Katieakakathat wrote:Since the awful news broke, I've been thinking about what I regret most about my time on Paradise Bay...

Weren't we the silly ones, should have maybe spent a little less time actually playing the game and should have gotten involved in the greatness that was ( and is for a little time longer ) the Paradise Bay forum.

I really do regret just popping in and out to read posts and not getting involved.... There really seemed like some great people here....

P.S - Tetris, what a fantastic little game, who knew gaming would come so far... Think I might go up in my loft and we if I still have my game... might help with the fact that nothing will ever match up to Paradise Bay.....

Katieakakathat

Postby Katieakakathat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:19 am

Katieakakathat wrote:Thanks for the tiny shoutout.

P.S - Tetris, what a fantastic little game, who knew gaming would come so far... Think I might go up in my loft and we if I still have my game... might help with the fact that nothing will ever match up to Paradise Bay.....[/quote]

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”