Adding friends for Android users - This does work & doesn't use FB.

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
sundragons9

Adding friends for Android users - This does work & doesn't use FB.

Postby sundragons9 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:56 pm

Update: This works. I added the 1st person who joined the community to a circle I created called Paradise Bay and he showed up in game when clicking on my friends/neighbors tab.

Right now, from what I've read you can add/follow players if they are in one of your circles that you create. Therefore I created a Google plus community named Paradise Bay. It's public.

1. In Google Plus, search for and join the Paradise Bay for Android community.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103288016521468493122

2. Create a circle and add members of the community to that circle. I named mine Paradise Bay. You just have to select a member's name to go to their profile and then click Add to Circle.
-Circles are not friends and you do not need to wait for response like on Facebook. It's automatic.

3. Install Google Play Games app (You may already have it installed.)

4. In the game, make sure you are signed into Google Play. In the upper left corner of the screen, open the settings menu and select Connect to Google Play.
Last edited by sundragons9 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:29 am, edited 6 times in total.

Tier 8
Calamitee

Re: Adding friends for Android users - help test my theory

Postby Calamitee » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:00 am

As an iPhone user I like the convenience of using Game Center, and having it kept separate from my social media contacts. I have an older android tablet that uses Google Play, but unfortunately it's so old and slow that I don't use it anymore. Hopefully the magical new Paradise Bay update that's in the works will introduce a way for android and iPhone users to be neighbors to each other, opening up many more trade opportunities for us all.
Paradise Bay /iOS version
Game Center ID: Calamitee
Alt ID - may be Patricia
Level 55

sundragons9

Re: Adding friends for Android users - This does work & doesn't use FB

Postby sundragons9 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:03 am

This works. It's no longer a test as someone has already tested this with me and it does work.

Whether you join my community or create your own, this is the only way I know of to add people without being Facebook friends and without having to actually have their email address.

If you have an Android device, you have a Google Plus account even if you never used it.

shadowplay

Postby shadowplay » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:09 am

Maybe a stupid question, but where do I see "neighbors"? I see "add friends" but it's for Facebook, & even if I disconnect from Fbk, it's still the only option...

Crowbaby

Postby Crowbaby » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:57 am

Thanks for this - I've just added 2 people to start with but not sure what i do next to trade etc. I can visit their islands. Do i just go to their market or am i supposed to communicate with them? I think i am crowbaby5 if anyone wants to add me.

Tier 8
Calamitee

Postby Calamitee » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:11 pm

shadowplay wrote:Maybe a stupid question, but where do I see "neighbors"? I see "add friends" but it's for Facebook, & even if I disconnect from Fbk, it's still the only option...

It's the same thing. Since I don't actually know most of the people friended on Game Center (or in Google+ circles theoretically) outside of Paradise Bay, I like to think of them as neighbors even though the "add" button says friends. I do have some Facebook neighbors too, but those actually are friends and I feel more comfortable keeping them separate from each other.
Paradise Bay /iOS version
Game Center ID: Calamitee
Alt ID - may be Patricia
Level 55

sundragons9

Postby sundragons9 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:14 pm

shadowplay wrote:Maybe a stupid question, but where do I see "neighbors"? I see "add friends" but it's for Facebook, & even if I disconnect from Fbk, it's still the only option...

Once you have added people to your circle on Google Plus, they will show as your neighbors/friends. You don't have to add them in game. If you click on the people icon in game, you will see those who you added to your circle.

If you are in game at the time, restart the game to get your new neighbors to show.

keloo23

Postby keloo23 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:17 pm

I just added you,it works
Level : 32
Google Play:Furdui Andrei 8-)

Kaiulani

Postby Kaiulani » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:42 pm

I'm commenting so I can find the post once it gets buried and direct people here :D
GC: kaiulanijasmine

sundragons9

Postby sundragons9 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:26 pm

Crowbaby wrote:Thanks for this - I've just added 2 people to start with but not sure what i do next to trade etc. I can visit their islands. Do i just go to their market or am i supposed to communicate with them? I think i am crowbaby5 if anyone wants to add me.

The world market will fill with those you've added which is nice so you won't see only pineapples. As for trading, you could try posting a request on the community page that I had created for adding people or post in the Trade section on here, but state you're an Android user looking to trade with another Android user.

I peek at the Google Plus page a few times a day.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”