Long time players

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!
Tier 7
Oblio98

Long time players

Postby Oblio98 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:21 pm

We know who we are. Does King care about us?

For those of us who have been here for a couple of years, we're probably all in the same boat:

1) Millions in game cash
2) All normal (boat type) pets maxed at Level 15
3) All property attained
4) All Island Folks at Max Level
5) All (or most all) of the Tradefest and special pet decorations
6) Adventuring Ship tasks complete (Both Pets to Three Stars)
7) Storage close to or maxed out
8) All Prestige items purchased (Boat, Campfire, Slide)
9) Mills all maxed and approaching or at Level 3
10) At Level 70 for quite some time
11) Amassed over a thousand Prestige Points
12) Stacked with Map Pieces

I know, wah-wah-wah. That's fine. But in order to sustain this game there has to be something that keeps us here other than "another" Tradefest or some bonus decorations that require Gems.

If you were here from the start, you've been through the previous level caps. At first, before Prestige Points, we just made and sold things and completed tasks and that experience dissipated into nothingless. Once Prestige Points appeared, we could continue to progress once we got to the level cap with the points. However, now these points are attained in Tradefests and from Pets, so they are in a sense diluted.

Right now I have no reason to even do a Trade Post order. Boat orders are done only for Doubloons or Storage Parts. Selling items in the WM is only to conserve space in storage. Ho Hum.

So what's in it for the long time player? Is the level cap soon to increase? Is there something really special coming up that will take a LOT of Prestige Points? Those players who have been around a while have built their islands the hard way, most with no increased level help, or special events to rank up.

As every day passes, more and more players will get to this point. Sooner or later, King will have to address these players.

I hope it is sooner.

Tier 2
Setroutwine

Re: Long time players

Postby Setroutwine » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:09 pm

Agree 100%! Game is stale and boring. Been here since day one. Bring back the excitement please. Tradefests aren't the answer, especially with a water pet for prize....I have no space in my water. Frog Island is a huge disappointment, as it the Artic Island and the storage parts Islands. I am close to sinking my island that I spent a lot of money to build. :(
Sue USA. Nashville, TN
Level 80
Wish for more land and another Tiki Bar !

Spuffy

Postby Spuffy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:42 am

I get kind of tired of reading these "long time players whining" threads, and usually roll my eyes and move on. But enough is enough .

I've played since the beginning too. Yes, there are times I have to wait for new levels and rewards, but usually not too long.. They have a variety of events to play in the meantime .

But here's something I think people need to hear: YOUR pace is part of the equation of your displeasure .

When new storage levels were added, hard core players maxed it right away, then assumed every one did. Ditto mill mastery. Ditto opening new islands . Ditto pet levels . Ditto character levels . Ditto adventuring ship when they changed to the tortoise .

If you are going to rush through everything full steam ahead, yes, you will have to wait for more. If you can't enjoy a relaxed journey , please stop bellowing that they don't care about you. This game is NOT all about maxed players, and your constant chorus of "what about me?"is really childish .
Level 75

Playing since August 2015

Tier 12
Livinez

Postby Livinez » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:24 am

Regardless of how long a person has been playing...I think there is definite inequalities toward advanced players. For example, even if we are still in need of certain pet stickers, they deny us and remove them from everywhere in the game except the 3rd Islets Slots, TF BT and Special Bazaar Trade-In Events. Why? Because the majority of our pets are max level? This Sticker Event totally excludes a large group of their players.
I don't mind being level capped. It gives me 'downtime' to work on Mill Mastery and stuff. I understand it was totally my choice to move along in the game as fast as I have. But I see no reason why they insist on holding these goofy stickers hostage over us. Especially when there's a new pet introduced every other month! Can I PLEASE get my Penguin to [at least Rank ⭐️⭐️] before you throw another pet in the Sanctuary?! I mean come on! :roll:
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Tier 7
Oblio98

Postby Oblio98 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:50 am

Spuffy wrote:I get kind of tired of reading these "long time players whining" threads...... please stop bellowing that they don't care about you. This game is NOT all about maxed players, and your constant chorus of "what about me?"is really childish .

I am so happy to hear that as a long time player you are satisfied with the game as it stands. I am not. If you feel that posts from other players unnerve you, I suggest that you do not read them.

There is a clear issue with this game that I addressed and documented, and hopefully it is feedback that King can use to improve the game play for long time players. Player feedback to King is an important function of this forum. If my feedback upsets you, I suggest that you avoid it in the future.

Meez76

Postby Meez76 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:16 am

I'm in complete agreement with you. Surely the people who have gone full steam ahead and levelled up to level 70 quickly would indicate that long term players have shown complete loyalty to the game from day one and enjoyed playing as often as often as they can?

If the people who started playing when it first started had quit or gotten bored within a few days, the game wouldn't be around today for others to enjoy.

Some new levels definitely wouldn't go amiss. I miss struggling to complete the boats to get more stickers, now I just make things to help my sister (level 54) to get her items she needs to complete the tradefest as there's little more I can do....however, I still play quite a lot, just in case something new comes out ;)

Tier 6
paradisebaygratuit

Postby paradisebaygratuit » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:45 pm

Spuffy wrote:I get kind of tired of reading these "long time players whining" threads, and usually roll my eyes and move on. But enough is enough .

I've played since the beginning too. Yes, there are times I have to wait for new levels and rewards, but usually not too long.. They have a variety of events to play in the meantime .

But here's something I think people need to hear: YOUR pace is part of the equation of your displeasure .

When new storage levels were added, hard core players maxed it right away, then assumed every one did. Ditto mill mastery. Ditto opening new islands . Ditto pet levels . Ditto character levels . Ditto adventuring ship when they changed to the tortoise .

If you are going to rush through everything full steam ahead, yes, you will have to wait for more. If you can't enjoy a relaxed journey , please stop bellowing that they don't care about you. This game is NOT all about maxed players, and your constant chorus of "what about me?"is really childish .

As the old saying goes "Walk a mile in our shoes" before considering max players childish.
80 Lvl; 4000 Tree; 4125 Wind; 4527 Prestige; 243,689 Karma; All land, islands; All pets xcp Wolf, Electric Eel, Long Eared Mouse, Camel, Ostrich, Pegacorn, White Hart, Dragon Hatchling, Griffin Cub, Ghost Pelican; All mills max xcp Paradise Pies :D

Tier 5
Checkers420

Postby Checkers420 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:09 pm

I've been playing since the start. From time to time I get upset at things. When I post something about it I catch all kinds of stuff for posting it. Yet the forums are for that reason. Some of the people on the forums think their in charge, some go along with what ever is going on. There are so many things I think have no reason on the forums at all. But that's what the freedom to post is all about. Things I think are stupid I just don't read. If it makes someone feel better to get their point of view out and have a rant, post an opinion, or praise something then post away. I've been told off in a disrespectful manner and the monitor did nothing about it. Don't let it get you down. Post anything you want in a respectful way and I'll either read it and post or move on. But don't be surprised if someone doesn't agree with you. It's their right to do that as well.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:55 am

I suppose if they were feeing really evil, they could have a hurricane come thru and wipe out half our storage, mills, and docks, so we had to rebuild and scatter our pets and working animals to the four winds.

Hint: look for the flamingos in the restroom.

I think they should have had the book of secrets challenges done thru prestige, rather than continually messing up the Ghost Cove third slot with it.

I think challenges you can buy into with prestige, available only at level 70, would have given us something to do. Assuming they raise max level someday, the next challenge would require the new max. Also, they should be designed to be done gradually, not in these hurry up and wait bursts of activity.

i do still fill trading post orders sometimes for Clara and Pike. Last time they raised the character relationship ceiling, the hearts we earned after maxing out were banked toward the new levels.

I also am nowhere near finishing my pets, neither Rank nor levels. I still get boat stickers, even.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 11
Scubakat

Postby Scubakat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:44 am

I'm not maxed out accept on a few things and I am level 70 player, but I can understand some of the longer term players woes. In order to play on an everyday basis they collect things like storage pieces and such that have no use until they update the game and then they use them in the only way they can be used. We will all be there at some point I'm sure if one continues on with the game. Some are just looking for something that will challenge them after playing for so long.

If someone feels they "get told off in a disrespectful manor" it is because they ARE disrespectful in their words. I've seen too many times people trying to offer advice or encouragement get told off for no good reason.

Sometimes it can be discouraging to read the complaints but it can be helpful to the developers also. What I don't like is when it is delivered in a completely humiliating manner instead of constructive criticism.
In the change of tides, we find our direction.

Level 75

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”