Poll - Please Take and Rate Gem Purchase Control

Discuss Paradise Bay with your fellow Trademasters!

Would you like to have a control to prevent unintended gem purchases?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:27 am

1) yes pin authorization
13
11%
2) yes disable/enable toggle
6
5%
3) yes both pin and toggle
2
2%
4) yes pin or toggle
5
4%
5) confirm button
92
77%
6) no I feel no additional controls are needed
2
2%
7) undecided
0
No votes
8) I have no idea what is an unintended gem purchase
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 120

Tier 6
paradisebaygratuit
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Poll - Please Take and Rate Gem Purchase Control

Postby paradisebaygratuit » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:27 am

Have you ever unintentionally pushed a blue button only to have gems deducted for something you don't want or to spend gems on something you don't even need, e.g. you have millions of coins and accidentally buy 4490 coins for 182 gems?

This is one of the reasons I don't buy gems because it is too easy to make an unintended purchase using gems. If I pay real world money I want more control of gem purchases.

So the question is would you be in favor of functionality in the game that would allow you to disable/enable gem purchases? A sort of toggle switch that will have to be activated before gems are spent. Or pin number authorization before a gem purchased could be made. If you like this poll please rate 5 stars.
Last edited by paradisebaygratuit on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
80 Lvl; 4000 Tree; 4125 Wind; 4527 Prestige; 243,689 Karma; All land, islands; All pets xcp Wolf, Electric Eel, Long Eared Mouse, Camel, Ostrich, Pegacorn, White Hart, Dragon Hatchling, Griffin Cub, Ghost Pelican; All mills max xcp Paradise Pies :D
Top

Tier 16
Ely321
Posts: 7863
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:33 am

Re: Poll - Please Take and Rate Gem Purchase Control

Postby Ely321 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:59 am

or even an "are you sure" extra step like they do for some other items
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D
Top

Tier 3
Mrbuscus
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Poll - Please Take and Rate Gem Purchase Control

Postby Mrbuscus » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:30 am

Ely321 wrote:or even an "are you sure" extra step like they do for some other items


If this were a choice, that's what i would vote for. Pin/toggle sound like a pain, just a simple "are you sure" is enough so I will hold off on my vote.
GC: mr.buscus
Aka: Ann
Redmond, WA

TOWNSHIP code: J3JZU7


Sea.....HAWKS......Sea......HAWKS.......Sea.........HAWKS
Top

Tier 15
djjess
Posts: 6228
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:43 am

Re: Poll - Please Take and Rate Gem Purchase Control

Postby djjess » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:46 am

.
Last edited by djjess on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Island name: TraderGrl
Top

Tier 3
Lizabeth
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:47 pm

Re: Poll - Please Take and Rate Gem Purchase Control

Postby Lizabeth » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:52 am

Ely321 wrote:or even an "are you sure" extra step like they do for some other items



This is what I'd love! An "Are you sure" Button. I have lost so many, many hundreds of gems accidentally over my time playing this game. I just recently lost around 100 and made me want to cry. So "Yes, Please" help us out with an extra step asking if we're sure - it would be so great.
Top

Tier 2
NightEagle
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:05 pm

Re: Poll - Please Take and Rate Gem Purchase Control

Postby NightEagle » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:38 am

Mrbuscus wrote:
Ely321 wrote:or even an "are you sure" extra step like they do for some other items


If this were a choice, that's what i would vote for. Pin/toggle sound like a pain, just a simple "are you sure" is enough so I will hold off on my vote.


I agree with this idea. I was looking for it in the options because that's the one I would have chosen. Unfortunately, it isn't there.
NightEagle
Player since October, 2016
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Top

Tier 2
53jaxx
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 1:24 pm

Re: Poll - Please Take and Rate Gem Purchase Control

Postby 53jaxx » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:34 pm

I recently made one of these accidental purchases, was fortunate that PB returned them to me.....my suggestion to them was for a confirmation (are you sure) button for any gem purchases over a certain amount (maybe 20 or 30)...to mitigate high losses. but still means we can use the odd one or two gems to speed up a mill job, quickly if need be :)
GC - 53jaxx
Paradise Bay level - 70
Top

Tier 16
BethM
Posts: 8721
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Re: Poll - Please Take and Rate Gem Purchase Control

Postby BethM » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:59 pm

53jaxx wrote:I recently made one of these accidental purchases, was fortunate that PB returned them to me.....my suggestion to them was for a confirmation (are you sure) button for any gem purchases over a certain amount (maybe 20 or 30)...to mitigate high losses. but still means we can use the odd one or two gems to speed up a mill job, quickly if need be :)


I agree.

I find it odd this poll does not include to simplest and most obvious solution, a confirmation dialog box you need to tap to complete the transaction. They offer this for some transactions but not others. IMO the worst offender is dragging items from the build bars, where they make no notice or distinction between taking an item out of stoarage and buying a new one.

I did this twice in the last couple weeks. I celebrated retro month by redesigning my rose garden to include my collection of four dolphin topiaries, and managed to accidentally buy yet another one! I took that one on the chin, but a few days later! I accidentally bought a second leaf lower gnome. That time I contacted support. They did undo the transaction, but cautioned they would not do this for me again. As far as I recall, this was the first one only time I asked them to do this, so I was a bit surprised by that.

I can see not having a confirmation dialog every time you spend two gems to rush an item, but there is a point where enough gems are used that there really should be a confirmation/ cancel screen.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)
Top

Tier 15
J1st
Posts: 6675
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:55 am

Re: Poll - Please Take and Rate Gem Purchase Control

Postby J1st » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:10 pm

BethM wrote:
53jaxx wrote:I recently made one of these accidental purchases, was fortunate that PB returned them to me.....my suggestion to them was for a confirmation (are you sure) button for any gem purchases over a certain amount (maybe 20 or 30)...to mitigate high losses. but still means we can use the odd one or two gems to speed up a mill job, quickly if need be :)


I agree.

I find it odd this poll does not include to simplest and most obvious solution, a confirmation dialog box you need to tap to complete the transaction. They offer this for some transactions but not others. IMO the worst offender is dragging items from the build bars, where they make no notice or distinction between taking an item out of stoarage and buying a new one.

I did this twice in the last couple weeks. I celebrated retro month by redesigning my rose garden to include my collection of four dolphin topiaries, and managed to accidentally buy yet another one! I took that one on the chin, but a few days later! I accidentally bought a second leaf lower gnome. That time I contacted support. They did undo the transaction, but cautioned they would not do this for me again. As far as I recall, this was the first one only time I asked them to do this, so I was a bit surprised by that.

I can see not having a confirmation dialog every time you spend two gems to rush an item, but there is a point where enough gems are used that there really should be a confirmation/ cancel screen.

I take it Beth that you mean a confirmation above a certain amount? If so, I agree with you.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/
Top

Tier 2
Mystikee
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:04 am

Re: Poll - Please Take and Rate Gem Purchase Control

Postby Mystikee » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:52 pm

I also vote for a confirmation question rather than any items in this poll.

I would add that they could add an option in settings to make gem spending confirmation optional. That way anyone who does not want it, does not have to have it. Win-Win.
Level: 75
California Redwood Coast
Top

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”