Save / Load Decor Layouts

Tell us what you'd like to see in Paradise Bay!
Tier 2
kppk

Save / Load Decor Layouts

Postby kppk » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:20 am

Some of us invest countless hours, even days placing items on our islands. There are so many great seasonal and holiday items in the game that it encourages many to redecorate often. As a result, it would be truly lovely if we could save and load decor layouts.

So, you've finally figured out the perfect placement for all of your Winter decorations? Save it, then redecorate without worry knowing that you can load your Winter layout at any time.

I figure the game is already recording item placement. All that's needed is an interface allowing us to save and load versions of that already saved item placement information, and code to move absolutely everything into storage prior to each load. (I know, I know, not quite that easy, but still I think not so complex given how much players would love it.)

Tier 15
J1st

Re: Save / Load Decor Layouts

Postby J1st » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:52 pm

kppk wrote:Some of us invest countless hours, even days placing items on our islands. There are so many great seasonal and holiday items in the game that it encourages many to redecorate often. As a result, it would be truly lovely if we could save and load decor layouts.

So, you've finally figured out the perfect placement for all of your Winter decorations? Save it, then redecorate without worry knowing that you can load your Winter layout at any time.

I figure the game is already recording item placement. All that's needed is an interface allowing us to save and load versions of that already saved item placement information, and code to move absolutely everything into storage prior to each load. (I know, I know, not quite that easy, but still I think not so complex given how much players would love it.)

I think it is a great idea, but I have one caveat, that may be too much development work for a free game. They could offer it as paid service and see if people would be willing to pay for it.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Jenna822

Re: Save / Load Decor Layouts

Postby Jenna822 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:43 pm

maybe a gem service. 30 gems per layout or something. provided we could overwrite them as in you purchase layout barrels and can edit and save as you want. i'd have a few for sure! i love my layouts but i also love the decorating. that button of doom gets used often for me.

Return to “Suggestions”