Option to skip boats

Tell us what you'd like to see in Paradise Bay!
HiatusKing
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:12 am

Option to skip boats

Postby HiatusKing » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:53 am

This is just a small suggestion, but can we have the option to skip boats? There are some boats that we can't fill, or don't want to fill because we're saving up for something. Anyone else think this is a good feature to have?
Top

Coops1950
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:11 am

Re: Option to skip boats

Postby Coops1950 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:19 am

This is an excellent suggestion. I skip a lot of boats because I may not be interested in what they have to offer or the timing means I want what they have but I can't make the goods in time. It needs a Trash button as in the Trading Post
Top

Shortyjrt
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:02 am

Re: Option to skip boats

Postby Shortyjrt » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:36 pm

I agree able to skip boats
Top

mwhite
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:35 pm

Re: Option to skip boats

Postby mwhite » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:39 pm

I agree, would love to see that option!
Top

Tier 15
djjess
Posts: 6228
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:43 am

Re: Option to skip boats

Postby djjess » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:59 pm

I'm sorry, I have a hard time getting on board with dismissing boats. It makes sense to be able to dismiss trade post and island trades because they are unlimited-duration trades. Boats are already on a timer; they'll go away evetually. It's difficult, yes, to have a boat tying up your dock for 10-15 hours. There is actually an opportunity cost incentive to try to make that trade; get that boat out of there so the next - hopefully more profitable - one can come in. Many times I have laughed in the face of a boat captain who wants to moon and stars for pennies or who wants product I have no hope of delivering. Sometimes I hit it big in the WM and can make the trade after all. And sometimes we just need to laugh it off, invite them to come pet our wildlife or let them get drunk on their boat until their shore leave is over.

The main reason I don't want trash options on boats, though, is that it's one more step to making the game too easy. No challenges = no fun. Developers need a representation of all players' opinions. If all they hear and see are ones such as this (and a browse through the forum will dislpay many more) we'll be left with a game which those of us who love it as it is won't want to play anymore.
Island name: TraderGrl
Top

Tier 15
mindz
Posts: 7290
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: Option to skip boats

Postby mindz » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:21 pm

djjess wrote:The main reason I don't want trash options on boats, though, is that it's one more step to making the game too easy. No challenges = no fun. Developers need a representation of all players' opinions. If all they hear and see are ones such as this (and a browse through the forum will dislpay many more) we'll be left with a game which those of us who love it as it is won't want to play anymore.


This, plus the world market would be flooded with gems making them as worthless as tools. I think its fine the way it is.
GC ID : immortalmindz
Level : 70
Location : London UK
Paradise Wiki Click me
Top

Tier 8
Calamitee
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:14 pm

Re: Option to skip boats

Postby Calamitee » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:34 pm

mindz wrote:
djjess wrote:The main reason I don't want trash options on boats, though, is that it's one more step to making the game too easy. No challenges = no fun. Developers need a representation of all players' opinions. If all they hear and see are ones such as this (and a browse through the forum will dislpay many more) we'll be left with a game which those of us who love it as it is won't want to play anymore.


This, plus the world market would be flooded with gems making them as worthless as tools. I think its fine the way it is.


I agree with you both. Plus, having done the work and successfully reaching level 50, I know it's possible to play the game the way it is. Changing it now wouldn't be fair to players that have gone through everything already. It isn't supposed to be easy. The fun is in the challenge, and in finding ways to do the impossible. While sipping a vanilla smoothie and snacking on spicy grilled shrimps.
Paradise Bay /iOS version
Game Center ID: Calamitee
Alt ID - may be Patricia
Level 55
Top

JAReese
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:34 pm

Re: Option to skip boats

Postby JAReese » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:39 pm

If I don't think I'll be able to fill an order on a boat, I will just let the time elapse. I really don't think that needs to change. However, and I have posted in regard to this before, I think a big issue in even trying to fill an order is the availability of goods used in production of specific items. Very few players take the time to sell items that they have to produce. A lot of folks only sell what is easy to come by, axes, hammers, telescopes, pineapples etc. I hope this changes.
Paradise Bay Player, Level 40
Top

Tier 12
HuacaFlora
Posts: 3010
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:43 am

Re: Option to skip boats

Postby HuacaFlora » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:00 am

JAReese wrote:I think a big issue in even trying to fill an order is the availability of goods used in production of specific items. Very few players take the time to sell items that they have to produce. A lot of folks only sell what is easy to come by, axes, hammers, telescopes, pineapples etc. I hope this changes.

I almost always find the items that I need. Sometimes you just have to wait a few WM refreshes before the items you seek show up. I often also check every individual market, because only one of the maximum eight different items shows up at the WM screen. Furthermore, if I can't find the item that I need, then I just ask here! Until now there's always been someone who could help with the request.
Game Center ID: HuacaFlora
Level: 57
Wishlist: a pair of sunglasses and flip-flops
Top

User avatar
Tier 15
Hollowness
Posts: 6736
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:41 am

Re: Option to skip boats

Postby Hollowness » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:29 am

HiatusKing wrote:This is just a small suggestion, but can we have the option to skip boats? There are some boats that we can't fill, or don't want to fill because we're saving up for something. Anyone else think this is a good feature to have?


We do have an option it is called - timing out. If we could trash boats like trade posts the game would completely unbalance. Notice how Karma and Tools already had a major impact in the game and that was not a major change it was just a small addition. It was something new that was to technically not really effect current gameplay much but it did!
Game Center ID: HollownessDevoured - Level: 52
Paradise Wiki here!
Also Playing My Singing Monsters, if you try it credit my friend code please! Code: 42035296KI
Top

Return to “Suggestions”