Charlie Brown Christmas is depressing.

Tell us what you'd like to see in Paradise Bay!
Tier 2
Gizmobaby

Charlie Brown Christmas is depressing.

Postby Gizmobaby » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:39 pm

I love playing the game, I occasionally by Gems or other packages, but I live in Europe and often players are not on when I’m on but I struggle through and manage. But event after event becomes harder and harder not having people that active during our day time. And though I appreciate the Christmas tree it seems for me there will only be a Charlie Brown Christmas. The ranks are just getting too hard to reach using the three items I can craft.
Life is not what you get, it's about what you give!
GC:Frozenkisses
Level 47

Loimkt

Re: Charlie Brown Christmas is depressing.

Postby Loimkt » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:27 pm

I live in U.S. and even with many players interacting while I am playing, the Christmas event is equally depressing here. I cannot understand why the developers suddenly decided to make the game so much more boring and harder by depriving us of helping one another! What a Grinchesque move!
I a!so hate that there are ZERO rewards for the hard work of leveling up the tree. The final assault on the quality of game p!ay was the perversion of the tradefest - the levels take too many points and the rewards are boring.

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:29 am

Gizmobaby wrote:I love playing the game, I occasionally by Gems or other packages, but I live in Europe and often players are not on when I’m on but I struggle through and manage. But event after event becomes harder and harder not having people that active during our day time. And though I appreciate the Christmas tree it seems for me there will only be a Charlie Brown Christmas. The ranks are just getting too hard to reach using the three items I can craft.

I would like to ask you to read some of the other posts on this forum. There has been a lot of negativity that may be affecting your perception of the game, however there is a lot of positive as well. Please review other posts, there is a lot of exciting things happening this month, review the posts before you decide that this will be a Charley Brown Christmas.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 3
Roo

Postby Roo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:03 am

Here’s something more depressing.

Once upon a time this game was beautiful. You could find all the space you needed to decorate and make it your paradise. Then came the pets. Still they were lovely and there was room for them. We were stuck on levels for months and months so we amassed great treasure with nothing to spend it on. We got more levels and all of a sudden more pets. There was nowhere to put them. So poof! We got more land. Then we started to get more pets and decorations and mills than we could fit on this island that used to be beautiful

This event will allow you to finish your tree in one way or another, it always does. Don’t worry too much about an event that lasts as long as this one does. And there’s always the carousel coming if anyone has any room to spare.
Roo McBoingboing
Level 80
New Jersey USA

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:12 am

IMO it is not right to try to censor or rebuke people who are expressing their genuine feelings. If someone is frustrated they are entitled to say so. Yes, it must be a wonderful thing to see the world thru a Pollyanna lense, but pragmatists will be pragmatists.

This event started at 1 my time on 12/1 and for all practical purposes I have until 12/22 to finish it, with not a lot if time to play from the 18th on. This is pretty typical for any adult hosting Christmas and responsible for all the cooking and baking.

Completing all levels takes 51,500 points. I am now 3445 points into level 5 after 4 1/2 days, less than 20% of the way thru and still on level 4 in my second game. I have done every special event ever and always finished every level with time to spare, but won't come close on the tree. There just are not enough items to feed it.

I don't see how anyone can defend the devs on this one or pretend they have not deliberately tried to set us up for failure.

Sure some of the people who play 24/7 will finish and the ones prepared to blow a lot of gems, but I think most people are finding this one much harder than it should be.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 3
Roo

Postby Roo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:41 am

BethM wrote:IMO it is not right to try to censor or rebuke people who are expressing their genuine feelings. If someone is frustrated they are entitled to say so. Yes, it must be a wonderful thing to see the world thru a Pollyanna lense, but pragmatists will be pragmatists.

This event started at 1 my time on 12/1 and for all practical purposes I have until 12/22 to finish it, with not a lot if time to play from the 18th on. This is pretty typical for any adult hosting Christmas and responsible for all the cooking and baking.

Completing all levels takes 51,500 points. I am now 3445 points into level 5 after 4 1/2 days, less than 20% of the way thru and still on level 4 in my second game. I have done every special event ever and always finished every level with time to spare, but won't come close on the tree. There just are not enough items to feed it.

I don't see how anyone can defend the devs on this one or pretend they have not deliberately tried to set us up for failure.

Sure some of the people who play 24/7 will finish and the ones prepared to blow a lot of gems, but I think most people are finding this one much harder than it should be.

So sorry to rile you Beth. Not my intention. and I’m not defending devs in any way. But I’ve seen people get so worked up before they should on so many events before, just saying there’s plenty of time to see what we can do before we get all upset. Stuff seems to work out if we give it enough time, meaning don’t blow gems or actual money. I never have on these events.

I am nowhere near finishing the tree either but I’m not thinking I will have to spend gems or real money on it.
Roo McBoingboing
Level 80
New Jersey USA

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:05 am

I am usually willing to spend gems for those 30 gem gifting items and did buy the boat blueprints for real money, but even a 4 watering can offer is not likely to make a difference for me.

I do have the fox now in both games and am hoping maybe I can make more progress by mostly ignoring the bonus tiers, or at least ignoring any requests that will slow down glass collection or use the three mills making stuff for the tree.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 2
Gizmobaby

Postby Gizmobaby » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:30 am

Seems this event will be a huge fail for me. Maybe if this was my life I could complete the event but sadly I cannot sit here all day, although I do play a lot everyday. This is depressing and maybe it is time for me to move on to a new game, where failure is not so easy.
Life is not what you get, it's about what you give!
GC:Frozenkisses
Level 47

Return to “Suggestions”