I Wish...

Tell us what you'd like to see in Paradise Bay!
Tier 3
DesertDuo78

I Wish...

Postby DesertDuo78 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:49 am

This has been an especially bad day for me helping people in the TF.

At every turn when trying to get hard to make items to friends needing to complete Jasper's tasks... my posts have been stolen before the intended person got a chance to get it. No matter how instantly they clicked after seeing my 1 cotton posted... and kept clicking steadily...it was snapped up by the WM.

Granted, everyone is starved for a good product because of the 3rd slot crap out there (and I'm sure the players needed the items as badly as my friends) but it is frustrating to lose 10 pieces then have to post an additional 5 for the intended person. And seeing the constant 'Item no longer available' is exhausting.

Selling on the market is one thing and requests are a separate part of the game. it used to be a rewarding and fun way of playing. To say I'm BURNED OUT on helping others is an understatement. This isn't fun any more.

I wish, I wish, I wish...that PB would devise some way to use our 'Friend Ships' to deliver requests to specific players. I see the FB icons of friends on the Friend Ships that visit my dock... I assume the GAME requests those items and I never hear if the player ever requested or received those items. As far as I know, they go into LaLa-Land.

PB devs... maybe you could find a way for a player to send our Friend Ship to another island to buy/exchange items and then return with the needed item stress-free of island stalkers. Less stress - More fun back in the game. The personal ships are just sitting there being fed planks... lets use them like our Shipyard Boat.

Just another frustrated idea... Thanks for listening.
Island 1: "Judy" AZ Flag (or "Steve" with NO FB)
Level: 80

Tier 16
BethM

Re: I Wish...

Postby BethM » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:12 am

I too though they haven't made great use of the friendships, but I saw it working the other way around.

Players could use the Friendship to request an item, then choose someone from their friend bar to send it to. Then, it would arrive in the sellers dock and the seller would know the intended person is getting the stuff.

Of course, they would also need to fix it so the player actually does get the stuff the Friendship buys.

I think people woukd be a lot more inclined to work on Friendship orders that way, even if the friend was just an unknown game friend, with no outside arrangements made. You would still know it was someone who, for whatever reason, chose to friend your island.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 11
JustSad

Postby JustSad » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:52 am

I would love to send the right people the right stuff but. I can’t. My Wesley’s is like hungry hippos, all gone by the time I finish posting an item! I got enough to buy an event booster for age old item, put for sale.(at rock bottom) ....gone in 3 secs
Time zone..BST till oct
[img]photo[/img]

Tier 3
DesertDuo78

Postby DesertDuo78 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:56 am

BethM wrote:I too though they haven't made great use of the friendships, but I saw it working the other way around.

Players could use the Friendship to request an item, then choose someone from their friend bar to send it to. Then, it would arrive in the sellers dock and the seller would know the intended person is getting the stuff.

Of course, they would also need to fix it so the player actually does get the stuff the Friendship buys.

I think people woukd be a lot more inclined to work on Friendship orders that way, even if the friend was just an unknown game friend, with no outside arrangements made. You would still know it was someone who, for whatever reason, chose to friend your island.

Great idea. I think that using the Friend Ship as the conduit for trade requests would increase trade transactions and knowing that the person you made the item for is actually getting it would be fantastic.

I had tried to think of a way that one slot of Wesley's Market could be for peronal trades without being seen by the general market but that might be harder to develop than the FShip requests.

We need something...no one even honors the 1 cotton signal anymore. It's become a free-for-all and I'm not playing that frantic game anymore.

Thanks Beth!

Tier 3
DesertDuo78

Postby DesertDuo78 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:02 am

JustSad wrote:I would love to send the right people the right stuff but. I can’t. My Wesley’s is like hungry hippos, all gone by the time I finish posting an item! I got enough to buy an event booster for age old item, put for sale.(at rock bottom) ....gone in 3 secs

All my request trades are at minimum price to help the person requesting...usually a lower level player. I don't need the coins luckily, but today only 1 of 5 people got the stuff. Honey, cocoa, ukes, music boxes, and assorted jewelry as examples. :cry:

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:51 am

DesertDuo78, I'm going to send you some PMs on Facebook shortly, check them out ;)
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 3
DesertDuo78

Postby DesertDuo78 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:15 pm

mauimonkey wrote:DesertDuo78, I'm going to send you some PMs on Facebook shortly, check them out ;)

I answered you...Thanks so much!!! :)

Tier 7
Oblio98

Postby Oblio98 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:21 pm

Anything I put in the WM (and I don't sell Island 3rd Slot Items) is gone before I can post the next item. I gave up trying to pass things over to my wife because even though she is an official "friend", the items we try to sell to each other get gobbled up instantly by others.

Hey, It's not their fault! If I saw something in the WM I would attempt to buy it. No way would I wait to see if someone else wanted it. I don't blame the buyers.

I just think that, like those posting above, there should be an inside way to help a specific friend with a sale. But of course, that would probably be too expensive to have coded.

Tier 2
James1Wife

Postby James1Wife » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:37 am

DesertDuo78 wrote:
BethM wrote:I too though they haven't made great use of the friendships, but I saw it working the other way around.

Great idea. I think that using the Friend Ship as the conduit for trade requests would increase trade transactions and knowing that the person you made the item for is actually getting it would be fantastic.

I had tried to think of a way that one slot of Wesley's Market could be for peronal trades without being seen by the general market but that might be harder to develop than the FShip requests.

We need something...no one even honors the 1 cotton signal anymore. It's become a free-for-all and I'm not playing that frantic game anymore.

Thanks Beth!

What is the one cotton signal? I’ve never heard of this.
Level 77 iPad
53 of 69 pets-12 maxed, 10 level 2, 31 level 1
All mills maxed except Paradise Pies under construction, Brilliant Blossoms, Happy Hatter & Candy Crane-level 2
12 turtles, 13 otters, 8 sloths, 8 moles, 75 fields, all plants & trees

Tier 3
DesertDuo78

Postby DesertDuo78 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:26 am

Hi James1Wife,

When trying to trade with a Friend to your island, or anyone requesting help for stock they need for tasks, the signal of putting up '1 crop' (cotton, bamboo, anything) allows the seller to see when the buyer is ready and in their Wesley's Market. When they buy the 1 crop, the seller then collects the coin and posts the requested item up for the buyer.

It isn't foolproof and the market is very fickle with allowing transactions to actually be completed to the intended buyer...but we try. It used to work well but with the increased quantity of players, it has become a free-for-all.

I can't understand what the benefit is for a player to buy '1 cotton' off an empty market anyway. Are they that desperate for stock??? If I see single crops on empty markets, I move on. I know it's not for me.

Return to “Suggestions”