Jammed Up My Tree House Storage

Tell us what you'd like to see in Paradise Bay!
Tier 2
patlynnw

Jammed Up My Tree House Storage

Postby patlynnw » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:28 am

My tree house is filled with wrapping paper and has reached over 700 rolls of it. Anything I do including retrieving items from mills, tapping on wildlife, harvesting crops, etc., all yield more wrapping paper. I am not wasting time making holiday gifts just to sell them. I and many others are frustrated about this. I intended to spend some time during the holidays leveling up Clara and Sheena, but instead am struggling to process any orders. I just downloaded another game called FarmVille: Tropic Escape, which is very similar to PB. If one more holiday event like this one or the Halloween one shuts down either one of my storage facilities again - I will discontinue PB.

Tier 3
Tazy4

Re: Jammed Up My Tree House Storage

Postby Tazy4 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:52 am

Wow patlynnw,

You have 700 rolls!!! My Mill storage is only at 425. How awesome to have so much room. If you want to make other things, then you should sell your paper at rock bottom prices. At 10 rolls a space at Wesleys, that's 80 rolls that you could get ride of in minutes, if you priced it below 130. That's the lowest I have seen on the market. If you go say 100, or 90, I think your wrapping paper would go down so fast in less than a few hours. It all depends how quickly it goes at those prices. Every 5 minutes if they all sell, in 30 min you could be 240 less wrapping papers in your storage. Just a thought. In less then a few hours you could be back to your gameplay. Then each time you get more paper, start selling them every time you get 10, then you shouldn't have such a big clog. And only 1 or 2 spots at Wesleys would be taken. Annoying to go through it, but once you do it, then you're golden :D

Some of wish to have your storage problems :mrgreen: Like me.
GC ID: Tazy4
Level: 75
East Coast, USA
Always looking for friends, daily player
Island: Tazy, or Lisa....not Tazzy :D

shir20

Postby shir20 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:47 pm

I think that the rate of getting wrapping paper has decreased dramatically today. I used to have 200 and more wrapping paper during the event, but today I suudenly found myself with only 100 left, so immediately I bought 100 wrapping paper with price between 130 and 220 for each 10.
Level 75,gold >50M,Prestige >5000
Pets 71: 65 ***,1**,4 *
Mills rank: 31 ***,1 **
All Islands & characters max leveled
All achivements completed

Tier 2
patlynnw

Postby patlynnw » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Doesn't matter how many rolls of paper I try to sell if they keep coming in. At this rate the only way I play is purchasing items to complete orders from the WM. It's annoying. My total storage capacity in Tree House and Windmill is 720 each. Use to love playing until this event bought everything to a grinding halt.

LilBubbleBlast

Postby LilBubbleBlast » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:20 pm

patlynnw wrote:Doesn't matter how many rolls of paper I try to sell if they keep coming in. At this rate the only way I play is purchasing items to complete orders from the WM. It's annoying. My total storage capacity in Tree House and Windmill is 720 each. Use to love playing until this event bought everything to a grinding halt.

I think I have 390/360 of storage...thinking.
If you don't want to make ornaments, I would put all 8 slots full of wrapping paper and Wesley will buy it within two days, I believe. That's a slow way to clear storage, I know. The quickest way is to just use the Woodshop. All you need is bamboo and those ornaments are made the quickest. Then put lots of those on the World Market. Wesley will buy those, too, and clearing out storage will be faster.
Hope this helps. 8-)

Tier 2
patlynnw

Postby patlynnw » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:48 pm

But it keeps generating more paper each time I collect from mills or from the fields. It's self-defeating to keep making stuff that will keep generating more paper. I do have paper for sale like many other players. Wesley comes around once a day and buys one or two rolls. Bah hum bug!

LilBubbleBlast

Postby LilBubbleBlast » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:00 pm

patlynnw wrote:But it keeps generating more paper each time I collect from mills or from the fields. It's self-defeating to keep making stuff that will keep generating more paper. I do have paper for sale like many other players. Wesley comes around once a day and buys one or two rolls. Bah hum bug!

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I'm thinking it must be different for each player because I can't get enough wrapping paper and am constantly buying it from the World Market.
I won't buy above 10 for 130 coins, though. I'm making tons of ornaments for other folks to finish and tying up my mills. Collecting from mills and tapping wildlife does not give me anywhere near enough to do this. I had this problem completing my GBH days ago...never enough wrapping paper and folks were selling it at 10 for 310 while I was finishing up mine!
It's very interesting how different the game is for each player.
Wish I had some good advice for you: If your wrapping paper is not selling at the lowest price and you're depending on Wesley to buy it, put it on the market for the next week at 10 for 310 to max out the gold you collect.
Good luck. 8-)

Missjanecobb

Postby Missjanecobb » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:11 pm

This was badly judged. In order to stop from being completely drowned by wrapping paper you end up spending your entire time making decorations or trying to sell it. And selling it, even at rock bottom prices, is slow because the markets are completely flooded with paper. That of course impacts on the normal market function so you can't find or sell anything else.

I've only recently started playing and I'm at the point of deleting the game altogether if this is the way that things are done.

Rudiweaze

Postby Rudiweaze » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:57 pm

Is there a way to opt out of the holiday themes? I keep getting jammed up as well. It happened at Halloween also.

LilBubbleBlast

Postby LilBubbleBlast » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:24 am

Missjanecobb wrote:This was badly judged. In order to stop from being completely drowned by wrapping paper you end up spending your entire time making decorations or trying to sell it. And selling it, even at rock bottom prices, is slow because the markets are completely flooded with paper. That of course impacts on the normal market function so you can't find or sell anything else.

I've only recently started playing and I'm at the point of deleting the game altogether if this is the way that things are done.

I understand...really I do. Now that I am selling at the rock bottom prices for premade ornaments, I can't make them fast enough! And still I have to buy from the world market to fill these orders.

Return to “Suggestions”