350 Piggy Bank Not Worth It

Tell us what you'd like to see in Paradise Bay!
Tier 12
Livinez

Re: 350 Piggy Bank Not Worth It

Postby Livinez » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:44 pm

J1st wrote:
Tresa wrote: I see it as no different than Walmart offering a blue light special...

Wait a minute...wasn’t it K-Mart that offered Blue Light Specials? Or did Wal-Mart pick up that baton after K-Mart went K-Put? :lol:
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:49 pm

Livinez wrote:
J1st wrote:
Tresa wrote: I see it as no different than Walmart offering a blue light special...

Wait a minute...wasn’t it K-Mart that offered Blue Light Specials? Or did Wal-Mart pick up that baton after K-Mart went K-Put? :lol:

Liv, I've told you again and again, at least I think I did, that memory is the second thing to go! Didn't I say that? Oh, maybe not and I get a picture of blue lights flashing at my favorite large shopping mart, but I could be wrong about which one.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:53 pm

I guess the law varies by location, but I’m not aware of any broad legal objection to vendors selling things at different prices to different customers. Otherwise coupons and customer card discounts wouldn’t be legal

Outside of event bundles, PB often makes different offers, but they typically involve different quantities as well as different prices. We have seen people comparing info here before about how many gems were included in their 30% discount bundle offers.

Then there is the whole issue of international currency conversions.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 5
Tresa

Postby Tresa » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:49 pm

Not diff prices...2.99 for 550. 2.99 for 350. 2.99 for I think it was 250. All same price but diff amount of gems. How is thst even fair or right?

Tier 8
Shrippers

Postby Shrippers » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:28 pm

Tresa wrote:Not diff prices...2.99 for 550. 2.99 for 350. 2.99 for I think it was 250. All same price but diff amount of gems. How is thst even fair or right?

PB say that: “Different packages are also being offered depending on the test group you are added to, and that is why you will see price differences as well.”

Presumably like all beta tests their specific intention is to evaluate how the different packages are received; costs and gem quantities; which packages are popular, what do people buy or not?
GC ID: Shrippers
Level: 80
UK

Starlarose

Postby Starlarose » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:30 pm

I thought I would share with you this response from Queen Bee concerning some of the issues with the piggy bank.
NEWS FLASH!!!!!! The 260 offer is an error too!

Tier 3
DragonDiscipleD

Postby DragonDiscipleD » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:40 pm

J1st wrote:
Tresa wrote:I honestly don't see how the different amounts can even be legal to do. The way I see it is they are in your face ripping off customers if you purchase any off the deals below 550 and getting away with it.

Tresa, I don't think it's a rip-off but I do agree with you that unless you have the 550 pack, you shouldn't take advantage of it. I see it as no different than Walmart offering a blue light special at the store and selling something 10% lower than what you could get on line. Also, they could argue that the smaller bundles can be purchased quicker, JustSayin...IMO.

BethM wrote:I guess the law varies by location, but I’m not aware of any broad legal objection to vendors selling things at different prices to different customers.

That's the thing; I have no idea where Tresa lives (okay, I could take a good guess), but it sounds it's one of those places where this kind of thing would be illegal.

Including where I'm living; you can't sell stuff here at one price to one customer then ask another pay something else. And that goes for discounts as well; if you're selling something at discount, the LAW REQUIRES you to give everyone that same discount.

Unfortunately, King is over in the US and this is just great business practice over there. And as you see from their posts, to people who have lived their whole lives there this is nothing new and they are not at all upset about it. (okay, maybe feeling a little insulted; especially the ones with the 260 gem offer.)

Starlarose wrote:I thought I would share with you this response from Queen Bee concerning some of the issues with the piggy bank.
NEWS FLASH!!!!!! The 260 offer is an error too!

Still illegal here ..... Finland.

Edited to add:
BethM wrote:Then there is the whole issue of international currency conversions.
Island name: Me (Level 80) aka Tero
Finland

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:53 pm

Interesting, so Finland doesn't have anything like a cash discount? Or store coupons? I'm curious.
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️

Tier 3
DragonDiscipleD

Postby DragonDiscipleD » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:05 pm

J1st wrote:Interesting, so Finland doesn't have anything like a cash discount? Or store coupons? I'm curious.

Of course we do, but you need to give that same cash discount to everyone and coupons can't offer various discounts like they do over there.

Check out my discussion about this with Liv on her Piggybank Info thread.
Island name: Me (Level 80) aka Tero
Finland

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:16 pm

Thanks
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️