350 Piggy Bank Not Worth It

Tell us what you'd like to see in Paradise Bay!
Tier 16
BethM

Re: 350 Piggy Bank Not Worth It

Postby BethM » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:17 pm

It is interesting. I wonder if it is in part a rejection of the haggling that used to be common centuries ago (and I guess still is) in some places.

In the US, the concept of the good customer discount or frequent buyer discount is well established, though in PB’s case it’s more frequent buyer gets the worst offer, or at least the biggest.

I think in most places, the law here does prohibit charging anyone more than the posted or advertised price for an item, but does not restrict selling it for less.

I was glad to see the 260 offer wasn’t supposed to be included, so hopefully when it comes back, the folks with 260 will be seeing 350 or 550. (Does anyone still have their bank during this event or did all the pigs go away for the duration?)

Apart from the principle of objecting to getting the smaller offer, 350 gems for 2.99 is actually a way better offer than some of the discount bundle offers some of us have purchased in the past.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 3
DragonDiscipleD

Postby DragonDiscipleD » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:37 pm

BethM wrote: In the US, the concept of the good customer discount or frequent buyer discount is well established,

Yes, we have (what we call here) customer programs here as well, but those need to be registered.
Island name: Me (Level 80) aka Tero
Finland

Tier 11
JustSad

Postby JustSad » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:46 am

Life JustGets more complicated! :lol:
When I was young, I thought it would make more sense as I got older..oh the stupidity of youth!
Time zone..BST till oct
[img]photo[/img]

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:59 am

JustSad wrote:Life JustGets more complicated! :lol:
When I was young, I thought it would make more sense as I got older..oh the stupidity of youth!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Return to “Suggestions”