Why does Keani no longer look like a native Pacific islander for Halloween? Did she suddenly become Irish?!?

Tell us what you'd like to see in Paradise Bay!
Sofi7

Why does Keani no longer look like a native Pacific islander for Halloween? Did she suddenly become Irish?!?

Postby Sofi7 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:08 am

What the Hell with the changes to Keani's appearance with the Halloween update?!? Why is she suddenly a fair-skinned redhead instead of the native Pacific islander she started out as? A costume change is one thing, but race and nationality changes are something else entirely! Not a good choice, King!

Tier 16
BethM

Re: Why does Keani no longer look like a native Pacific islander for Halloween? Did she suddenly become Irish?!?

Postby BethM » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:29 am

I thought she looked like a Native Pacific Islander who tried to lighten her hair and got that rusty red color that lives underneath for most brunettes.

She is wearing her Bubble Witch Halloween costume. It comes from another King game that is pretty popular, so I guess they assumed we would all recognize the costume. (I didn’t.)

IMO the real question is, why does she look like a Pacific Islander in the first place when this Island is supposed to be in the Caribbean? (Tortuga has been mentioned in storyline dialogs, and that is a real place.)
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 16
Ely321

Re: Why does Keani no longer look like a native Pacific islander for Halloween? Did she suddenly become Irish?!?

Postby Ely321 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:24 pm

I thought Keani went on vacation and they brought in Bubble Witch to fill in? :lol: :lol:

I would prefer her to look like the Pacific Islander myself too :D
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Maybe as a reminder where from Halloween tradition was originated?
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

Tier 4
Snooby

Postby Snooby » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:57 pm

JoannaK wrote:Maybe as a reminder where from Halloween tradition was originated?

That’s quite so, Joanna, and they used turnips for the Jack-0-Lanterns.
Kent. England
First Island - disepara, July 2016, level 80
Second island - Chicken run, April 2018, level 55.
Pet count. - abysmal :oops:
https://youtu.be/DYlcVevsx_8

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:27 pm

Snooby wrote:
JoannaK wrote:Maybe as a reminder where from Halloween tradition was originated?

That’s quite so, Joanna, and they used turnips for the Jack-0-Lanterns.

Thanks Snooby, truth is I do not know much about it, as we do not have Halloween tradition here, I only saw it in movies, so I Googled it when we had first Halloween event :oops: Interesting story behind it
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

joliverb

Postby joliverb » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Maybe the red hair is part of her costume!

Sofi7

Postby Sofi7 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:17 am

Excellent insights all around, everyone! I realized after I posted that it probably was a Bubble Witch Saga homage... And the point about Tortuga is an excellent one, too. I never saw that mentioned in game , but having been born and raised in St.Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, Tortuga is definitely more Caribbean than, say, Hawaii or Fiji, as Keani looks to be from.

Thank you for being so polite in your replies. I appreciate that! ☺️ Happy Halloween, all!

PiratePearl75

Postby PiratePearl75 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:45 pm

This is a King cross promotion- recycled from last year- our typical Keani returns after the season is over!

Return to “Suggestions”