[Support] Saving and Recovering Game Progress

Having an issue? Find a solution or post for more information
Triiicorn

[Support] Saving and Recovering Game Progress

Postby Triiicorn » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:24 pm

Ahoy Trademasters!

Your islands are very important to you and to us. Here's some helpful information on how to secure your game progress, and what to do in case something happens to it!

Saving Game Progress
This can be done in a few ways, depending on the platform you're playing on:

Facebook (iOS, Android, Amazon)
Connecting your game with this service will not only save your progress with your Facebook account, but also allows you to transfer it to any other device!
    1) Launch Paradise Bay
    2) Open the in-game Settings Menu
    3) Tap the "Connect to Facebook" button
    4) Log into your Facebook account
Game Center (iOS)
For iOS Trademasters, you can use your Game Center ID to save your game between iOS devices.
    1) Open the Game Center App
    2) Log into the Game Center App
    3) Launch Paradise Bay. The connection is automatic!
Google Play (Android)
For Android Trademasters, Google Play is another alternative service for saving progress.
    1) Launch Paradise Bay
    2) Open the in-game Settings Menu
    3) Tap the "Connect to Google Play" button
    4) Log into your Google account

Recovering Game Progress
The three services above will greatly improve the chances of recovery should issues arise. There's a few other things you can do to help recover any missing progress as well:

Check your connection to Facebook, Game Center, and/or Google Play
If you previously connected your game with these services, check to see if you are still connected! Sometimes all it takes is a simple re-login to recover your island.

Gather more information
The more we know, the better we can figure out what happened! A few questions you could answer beforehand are:
    - Did you recently update your phone or an app?
    - Did you recently connect/disconnect any services to the game?
    - Do multiple people play Paradise Bay on your device?
Write in a ticket using the in-game Support function
The best way to help us help you is by writing in a ticket using the in-game Support function. Messages from in-game provide important information about your island, which we can use to assist you!

Also include your Game Center/Google Play Nicknames, and/or Facebook ID: https://www.facebook.com/help/1397933243846983. This will additionally help us find your island, so long as you stay connected with these services when writing in.

Remember: once you write in a ticket, reply to the initial message you receive with these details for an Agent to review. We appreciate your patience as each case is investigated!

Dansox

Re: [Support] Saving and Recovering Game Progress

Postby Dansox » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:04 am

I have been playing paradise bay for over 6month now on my phone and I recently dropped it in water. so now I want to play it on my laptop but cant carry on from were I was. I have saved to google play before but disconnected it as I didn't understand it when I was wanting to change my play to my laptop a few weeks ago. my name on the game is dansox can you please help me to recover it..

birdsbeth

Postby birdsbeth » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:37 pm

Dansox, try going to the game center and signing in. Or, from the game, at the top left is a gear icon. Choose connect with game center and sign in.
Is the game available on your laptop?
Level 70
Paradise Bay

Game Center ID: birdsbeth
Apple ios
Facebook : Elizabeth Cave ( profile is a bird- kingfisher)

Triiicorn

Postby Triiicorn » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:59 pm

Dansox wrote:I have been playing paradise bay for over 6month now on my phone and I recently dropped it in water. so now I want to play it on my laptop but cant carry on from were I was. I have saved to google play before but disconnected it as I didn't understand it when I was wanting to change my play to my laptop a few weeks ago. my name on the game is dansox can you please help me to recover it..

Hello Trademaster Dansox,

On your old phone, did you save your game to Facebook as well? If you also saved to Facebook, please connect your game to Facebook. You can do this on any device and should recover your progress.

Alternatively, do you currently own another Android or Google Play device? If so, please do the following:
1. Take your other Android Device, and log into your Google Play account
2. Launch Paradise Bay, then connect to the Google Play account via the in-game Settings Menu
3. Verify if your original island appears

rgwebweaver

Postby rgwebweaver » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:45 pm

I need to reset my Kindle Fire to the default settings. Will reconnecting to Facebook restore my Paradise Bay settings or do I need to back up my files somewhere prior to doing this?

Peggles

Postby Peggles » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:41 pm

Help us Obewan Triicorn... You're our only hope! Games are locked up with the message, "rough weather". It is not a WEEK OF ROUGH WEATHER!! Just let us know what's going on. (Or fix my game today??) I see that posts reveal that many people are locked out of their games.

Suzieq1959

Postby Suzieq1959 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:28 am

I have tried to login usung facebook and unsuccessful including game center. I have iphone. Not sure what is wrong. Any suggestions.

Tier 1
paradisebaybetinho

Postby paradisebaybetinho » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:21 pm

I can save progress by Facebook and Google Play?

There are times when I can not access my island. He says he has another online player.

ADelToro

RESOLVED

Postby ADelToro » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:08 pm

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED

Help! Due to the bug in Win10 (where there are no hearts offered for chests in Ghost Cove) I attempted to install PB on my old android tablet, thinking from there I could run into Cove and grab chest for hearts to get to level 5. However, I forgot I had an old game on there, only level 21. Well, I logged in with my facebook account hoping it would bring back my current, level 60 game. Nope. It did not. So, I disconnected from FB, uninstalled from tablet and went back to my computer.

My game is still at 60, thankfully. However, somehow in the process I was booted from facebook. So now, my game progress is not being saved and I cannot connect with my facebook friends in the game.

What a mess! If I try to log into facebook, it says "continue with facebook? all guest progress will be lost. Guest level: 60" Yikes!! So for now, I am playing as "guest" because I do not want to go back to level 21 and lose all my hard work.

What can I do??? How do I fix this? Help!!!!

P.S. I already have an open ticket submitted to PB tech support regarding the aforementioned bug. I am not sure if I should send yet another ticket regarding this matter. If anyone here knows how to remedy my problem, please help. Thank you for reading.

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED
Last edited by ADelToro on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

FantasyFan

Postby FantasyFan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:09 pm

I was looking for a way to play my game on a device other then my desktop computer, since I can't take that with me. Looking for that I find out I can only save my game by using third party software. To me this is ridiculous. You are excluding a whole group of people this way. A game should provide a way to save your game without needing to use something else, which you don't have or want.

As I'm playing on a windows 10 device, my only choice apperently would be facebook... I don't have facebook, I don't ever want to get facebook, because I thoroughly dislike facebook. I don't want to post personal stuff somewhere, and I especially object to being forced to join something I dislike or be excluded. It just makes my aversion of facebook even bigger.

I find it absolutely infuriating to learn I could lose my game if something happened to my PC unless I use facebook. Me getting facebook is never going to happen. Ever. So please, do something about this ridiculousness. It feels very discriminating. Do you really want to lose players due to this? Because if I lose my game somehow, I not going to be starting over. And let me be clear, I will not ever consider spending money on this game if I can't be sure I'll never lose my progress... So please, stop excluding people!

Return to “Technical and Support”