[Support] Saving and Recovering Game Progress

Having an issue? Find a solution or post for more information
Tier 4
GeneStarwind

Re: [Support] Saving and Recovering Game Progress

Postby GeneStarwind » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:22 pm

The one fix that is most needed is one that allows gamers to link to FB as soon as they open the app for the first time on a new device, ESPECIALLY if that device is on a different OS from other devices currently in use. It was precisely this flaw that caused me to lose my game for three weeks, because I had to spend over an HOUR starting a new game from scratch before being allowed to link to FB which caused a reverse-sync and wiped my original game and wasting three weeks waiting for "Support" to even acknowledge my problem. You cost me any chance of getting the Eternal Chest and I will never forgive you lot for cheating me out of it.
Android Only
GameCenter - Gene*Starwind
Google - StarwindandHawking
Google+ - Gene Starwind
Level 64

LilBubbleBlast

Postby LilBubbleBlast » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:47 am

FantasyFan wrote:I was looking for a way to play my game on a device other then my desktop computer, since I can't take that with me. Looking for that I find out I can only save my game by using third party software. To me this is ridiculous. You are excluding a whole group of people this way. A game should provide a way to save your game without needing to use something else, which you don't have or want.

As I'm playing on a windows 10 device, my only choice apperently would be facebook... I don't have facebook, I don't ever want to get facebook, because I thoroughly dislike facebook. I don't want to post personal stuff somewhere, and I especially object to being forced to join something I dislike or be excluded. It just makes my aversion of facebook even bigger.

I find it absolutely infuriating to learn I could lose my game if something happened to my PC unless I use facebook. Me getting facebook is never going to happen. Ever. So please, do something about this ridiculousness. It feels very discriminating. Do you really want to lose players due to this? Because if I lose my game somehow, I not going to be starting over. And let me be clear, I will not ever consider spending money on this game if I can't be sure I'll never lose my progress... So please, stop excluding people!

I recently lost my entire game and I am on a Kindle Fire HDX Android Tablet. I had saved my game to the Cloud and went directly to Google and downloaded PB from there instead of the Amazon Game Store. Because I hadn't deleted my history, cache, and cookies, I can't say for sure, but the Google Browser somehow remembered my game????
It could have also been that I had saved my current game to the Cloud????
Gene is definitely more tech savvy than I, so I would go with his directions.

Pink543

Postby Pink543 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:59 pm

I just started playing the app and it says my crops have 18 in them. I cant understand why it's telling my crops are locked. How do I unlock it in order to plant them? Everytime I try to plant them it says it's locked. I don't know if it's a glitch seeing how I had 18 of them before then all of a sudden it says it's locked.

LilBubbleBlast

Postby LilBubbleBlast » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:14 pm

Pink543 wrote:I just started playing the app and it says my crops have 18 in them. I cant understand why it's telling my crops are locked. How do I unlock it in order to plant them? Everytime I try to plant them it says it's locked. I don't know if it's a glitch seeing how I had 18 of them before then all of a sudden it says it's locked.

What's your current storage capacity? Look at your windmill and tell me how much storage you have. Plug extra cotton into the mill that makes nets and linen. That will free up storage.

Willi66

Postby Willi66 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:29 am

Help!!!,
I've been playing for more than 2 years and I'm in level 64. Just change my iPad and lost all my island. Can someone helped my recover it. I'm desperate

Tier 1
CrystalGail

Postby CrystalGail » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:55 pm

I just harvested 6 fields of coffee. I went directly to the coffee mill and my coffee WASN'T there?!? Where did it go? What happened?
Send Private FB Message with subject "PB Forum trades" https://m.facebook.com/crystal.thomas.1977] Paradise - CrystalGail.
Level - 30

Google Play - shysmom1999

thaluckyone85

Postby thaluckyone85 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:28 pm

I have lost my progress when I changed my phone. I have connected my Google account and instantly on all devices I was playing I was level 1. I was in shock. In panic. I nearly had a stroke. No, not funny at all! I've sent three emails to Support team, begging them to recover my account, cause I was level 50, but I guess no matter what level you are, you would do the same.
( Cause we all spend as much time we can on our precious islands)
So two days later, as I didn't have any solution to my lost progress I have started to play from the beginning.
when I reached level 11, I have decided to finally connect to Facebook, so not to lose my progress ever again.
And then the miracle happened. I have found my lost island, again as I left it on level 50 and everything was just how I left it. It appears that despite all my precautions, I did connect to Facebook at the first time I just have forgotten that. So please please please CONNECT TO FACEBOOK WHEN YOU START PLAYING THAT AMAZING GAME.
That's my advice to all of you.
(And If I didn't have a Facebook account, I would create one just because of the game. I'm just saying.)
Thanks
Anna

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:57 pm

Edited to add caution - a recent iTunes update may have made this advice obsolete.

I don't know how other devices work, but if you are replacing an iPad, the simplest and surest way to transfer all your game progress is using the backup and restore features.

1. Make sure your desktop/ laptop computer has iTunes installed.

2 connect your old iPad to the computer USB port. It should recognize it and open iTunes. You may need to open iTunes manually.

3. On the upper bar of the iTunes software, you will see a rectangle image of your iPad. Click on it and iTunes will display info about that device.

4. Do a complete backup to this computer. I usually exclude music and videos purchased from the iTunes Store. You can always download these again to your new device later if you want them. When finished, unplug the old iPad. The computer now has a record of all the apps and app info on the iPad.

5. Plug in the new iPad and go to iTunes again. It will want you to begin by naming the new device and some other preliminaries.

6. When it us dome asking you questions, Select the restore option and let it restore the saved info from your old device onto the new one. It already knows this is not really the same device.

7. The new device should now have all your games, progress, bookmarks, etc from the old one, basically a mirror of it. King will recognize both devices as the same player. This works even if you keep playing alternately on both devices.
Last edited by BethM on Wed May 17, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

LilBubbleBlast

Postby LilBubbleBlast » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:43 am

Hackers are back...Bumping topic.

LilBubbleBlast

Postby LilBubbleBlast » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:25 am

LilBubbleBlast wrote:Hackers are back...Bumping topic.

Bump again

Return to “Technical and Support”