Please sort out the crop chaos

Having an issue? Find a solution or post for more information
Missjanecobb

Please sort out the crop chaos

Postby Missjanecobb » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:53 pm

My island is still switching frequently and unpredictably between pay-to-plant and the old system, and sometimes plant-one-free-from stock-harvest-one or on one occasion this afternoon plant-one-for-coins-harvest-none. It matters because you need different strategies to manage your stores for the different systems.

It is a basic part of coding for a live system that it's thoroughly tested before rolling it out and that it can be rolled back very quickly to the previous known-good version if there are unforeseen problems. Do you actually have testers? It's a specific skill often not possessed by good coders. If one of the coders who worked for me did this sort of thing repeatedly I'd be walking them out of the door.

We have seen these sorts of problems over and over again, changes don't work properly, or they work for some people and not others. The problems then drag on for days and sometimes weeks while you continue to foist events and other changes such as the useless mill meter on us without addressing the problems. My guess is that you now have so many variations and so many versions of various beta tests running that you have lost control.

Tier 11
Lutka48

Re: Please sort out the crop chaos

Postby Lutka48 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:53 am

Yes, I have the same problem with my crops.
Very unpredictable. I never know which system would load on my island #1 or my game would crash out of the sudden and the crops would switch from 2 for 1 to pay for crop 1 for 1.
It will make Jasper’s visit even more stressful. :(
GC: lutka48
PB level 80, island name Lucyna & level 80, island name Adam( koala pic)
All characters RL 21 in Lucyna game, lots of pets, kind of lost track :lol:
Wish list: find more room on my island

Whisperer

Postby Whisperer » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:35 am

I don't seem to be making progress on getting a stockpile of crops for the tradefest.

I pay to plant crops and when I come back and collect I collect one crop, but then it has changed to using crops to plant so i have to use the crop i just collected to replant.

I have tried reloading the game and it doesn't change.

Tier 11
JustSad

Postby JustSad » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:09 am

Mine too. At first I thought I would be stuck with it and only then realised, 1 plant, 1 harvest... always assumed it would be plant 1get 2..NO. never going to work, then it reverts back. REALLY ANNOYED, got 1 per field wheat when I harvested , never went anywhere near it in the blip, had to use that to replant....6 hrs wasted.
If it is going to roll out, please let it be the old ..plant 1 get 2... only way !
Had it now 8 times and after the first 2, I force quit. It reverts on reboot. Only try cotton...! I AM ANNOYED
Time zone..BST till oct
[img]photo[/img]

Tier 3
breezyanna

Postby breezyanna » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:13 pm

Last night when I planted my crops, they displayed the coin so I thought, oh they must have converted everyone to the pay for crop.

This morning it switched back to no pay crop. when I harvested my wheat it was still acting as 1-1 (the way it was planted), I harvested 4 and received 4. :evil:

They way this works is when flip-flopping from pay (1-1) to no pay (1-2) it takes one harvest to really reset the crops, so you lose that amount of harvest time.

If you are going to randomly switch the crop plant/harvest method, which is an awful idea btw, then FIX the harvesting of the crop to match the current planting method.

JustSad, great tip to test cotton first.

Lost 6 hrs on that wheat harvest......

Mlc125

Postby Mlc125 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:36 pm

I agree with the others, the game is becoming unplayable with this crop mess. I'm afraid to even touch my crops because all harvesting seems to do is cause the game to crash, and then when I come back in I've not only gotten only one item per field, but I have to use them all to replant and it still seems to be costing me coins anyway. The more I harvest, the further behind I seem to fall.

Adroy96

Postby Adroy96 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:06 pm

Mine switches from pay to plant or from crops, but there are often times that I replant and have no more crops than before picking them. This is particularly frustrating on the longer to regrow crops like lavender. Happened this morning when I needed crops for a ship.

Tier 5
Lcoelho

Postby Lcoelho » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:40 pm

Same thing here. After completing RF and doing nonstop planting throughout I found myself for the first time ever with 2 sugar canes. Before going to bed last night I planted 2 long rows of it and this morning I have 48. What gives? I’m pissed!
Lcoelho
Level 80
Pets: most of them. Some at ⭐️⭐️⭐️, some at ⭐️⭐️ and some at ⭐️... GOING AT MY OWN PACE!
Somewhere in: SH, NY

Return to “Technical and Support”