ANYONE able to resolve crashing issues??

Having an issue? Find a solution or post for more information
Teach7321

ANYONE able to resolve crashing issues??

Postby Teach7321 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:37 am

Unfortunately I love this game and want to play it. My game has been crashing for weeks now. Got responses to my first two tickets, but nothing that helped. Have not had a response to my third ticket. I would really like to know if there is anyone out there who has been having this same problem and has been able to resolve it. It seems that this is a major issue for many, many players. This many players being affected should matter to the powers that be. Again, is there anyone who HAS been able to resolve it? Or are we just ALL out of luck, and unable to enjoy this game anymore.
Happy Holidays to All!

Tier 2
Pin

Re: ANYONE able to resolve crashing issues??

Postby Pin » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:58 am

I habe the same issue with my iPhone 6 (iOS 12.1). On the iPhone 5 (ios10) from my husband. I can play without Problems. I
King says my device is too old.... But the Problems get Wiese singe the iOS 12.1 and Game 3.8 Update on the same day!

Mindbender

Postby Mindbender » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:13 pm

No resolution here either. I wish I could help you but I can’t even get help for myself. It is beyond frustrating. Of course, it’s worse during Tradefests. Support ihas been ineffective here as well. I hope you get help soon but don’t count on it.

lyd23

Postby lyd23 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:21 pm

I was told by PB support that my device, a four year old IPad Air, cannot support the game even though I have the latest iOS software. I don’t think PB cares that so many people can no longer play so they are not doing anything to fix the crashing issues. It was fun, but now it’s done. I hate to give up my level 80 game but I certainly am not going to replace my perfectly fine device! Goofy as it sounds, I still check in everyday to collect my gems from the giving tree island and to see if it still crashes within 2 minutes. Yep, it always does. Sorry for the additional bad news.

kara80

Postby kara80 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:02 pm

My game began crashing about 3 weeks ago. I never had any issues before that. I play on my PC and love the game, however, every 3-4 minutes it crashes with a screen saying bad weather. Then it reloads and loses anything that I've done in that 3-4 minute window.
I contacted Tech. Support and got an email back to check the forum for information. Well, all I have found in the forum are a lot of people that are having crashing issues, but no solutions. Can anyone help? I am level 66 and hate to think of quitting the game. Thanks.

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:08 pm

Then you get the response that suggests checking the forum, that came from an autoresponder, not a person. You need to reply to that message if you want to get to a person.

Sadly though, I don’t think there is much support can do to help. The problem is that the PB software is very demanding, so devices that don’t have a fairly new or powerful processor will struggle, as will phones and tablets that don’t have much available memory.

We don’t really see it much, but they are working little by little to revise things to demand less resources. One example we do see is the artwork for newer pets is a little simpler than the older ones to make smaller graphic files. There was a big update a few months ago with a bunch of revised code that streamlined some stuff invisible to us that dramatically improved performance on my older iPad mini. Hopefully, they are still working on more of that.

One suggestion is to give your device a good clean up. We all accumulate music and photos and old mail and games we’ve stopped playing and apps we don’t use. Sometimes clearing as much of that out as we can will help the remaining apps run better.

It also sometimes helps to shut down and restart the device before playing PB, so there is as little as possible running in the background.

Also, there are certain activities within Pb that seem to be especially problematic, like checking the Workd Market and visiting other players. Try to minimize that activity when you play. If you do visit the world map or a player island, when you get back you might want to just close the game yourself to save your progress.

Some people have reported that their games will play better if they keep their islands simple. Store some pets and decorations, don’t leave items floating in bubbles. All those things occupy processor resources.

Finally, when you play, don’t rush. Then you do a thing, wait patiently until all the little animations finish before tapping anything else.

In truth, you may find none of these things make much difference for your particular device, but each of these suggestions has made a noticeable difference for some people.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

tropical

Postby tropical » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:43 am

I’m hoping next update will get the game crash issues under control :roll:

Tier 4
joaniechris

Postby joaniechris » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:19 am

Still crashing here every few minutes on my iPad Air. Exact same island works fine on my iPhone 5.
GC name: joaniechris

Teach7321

Postby Teach7321 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:41 am

Thanks everyone. I do still try everyday to get whatever I can do, done. But it means relogging on, SO many times. I am considering removing a lot of things to see if that helps at all. I do notice that if I take my time I get farther. And trying to visit different places makes it crash too. At least I don’t bother to spend anymore money on the game. I just do what I can, hoping some day I can really play again. Good luck everyone!!

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:18 am

Teach7321 wrote:Thanks everyone. I do still try everyday to get whatever I can do, done. But it means relogging on, SO many times. I am considering removing a lot of things to see if that helps at all. I do notice that if I take my time I get farther. And trying to visit different places makes it crash too. At least I don’t bother to spend anymore money on the game. I just do what I can, hoping some day I can really play again. Good luck everyone!!

What device are you trying to play on? i'm sure you have done all the clean up steps, but let us know so we can see if there is anything that might be overlooked.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Return to “Technical and Support”