Can’t Identify Players Who Feed My Pets

Having an issue? Find a solution or post for more information
crazybydesign

Can’t Identify Players Who Feed My Pets

Postby crazybydesign » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:22 pm

The issue: players visiting my island feed my pets, but I can’t tell who they are as their avatar is the generic monkey and no name is posted above the avatar. I’ve contacted support regarding this issue and was told they don’t consider it an issue.

This just makes the game unrewarding for me. I like being able to gift those players that interact with my island and having no way to know who does is beyond frustrating. Support said this “non-issue” occurrs when players don’t use a service to login. Okay, but they still have a players name and that should always display.

The name appears above the monkey avatar when their ships are docked on your island, and when they dive and you collect a diving reward. It’s only when they feed your animals that the name doesn’t show along with their avatar. The idea that this isn’t an issue is just poor insight to what makes the game enjoyable. The game community already suffers from a lack of a chat tool, so not being able to thank a player with a reciprocal gift leads me to think the devs care only about monetizing the game and not developing the community aspect.

If the problem persists, I’m not sure I will continue to play and enrich developers who aren’t listening to their players. If anyone else experiences this problem, please post your support for a fix.

Tier 3
Alastrea

Re: Can’t Identify Players Who Feed My Pets

Postby Alastrea » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:35 am

crazybydesign wrote:The issue: players visiting my island feed my pets, but I can’t tell who they are as their avatar is the generic monkey and no name is posted above the avatar. I’ve contacted support regarding this issue and was told they don’t consider it an issue.

This just makes the game unrewarding for me. I like being able to gift those players that interact with my island and having no way to know who does is beyond frustrating. Support said this “non-issue” occurrs when players don’t use a service to login. Okay, but they still have a players name and that should always display.

The name appears above the monkey avatar when their ships are docked on your island, and when they dive and you collect a diving reward. It’s only when they feed your animals that the name doesn’t show along with their avatar. The idea that this isn’t an issue is just poor insight to what makes the game enjoyable. The game community already suffers from a lack of a chat tool, so not being able to thank a player with a reciprocal gift leads me to think the devs care only about monetizing the game and not developing the community aspect.

If the problem persists, I’m not sure I will continue to play and enrich developers who aren’t listening to their players. If anyone else experiences this problem, please post your support for a fix.

We all know that we cannot always directly thank friendly helpers. So go to some island, feed its animals, that guy also feeds some animals on an island and so on and so on. At some point the circle closes and everyone gets something out of it. Is it so important to thank a specific person? This person has the same problem with the Monkey Heads. Good karma always comes back.
A few years ago a strange woman gave me her paid parking ticket, there was still one hour left. I wanted to give her the money for it. She refused. Since then I also give away my parking tickets if there is still time left, even if it is only 10 minutes. You wouldn't believe how often I got a parking ticket as a present. As I said, good karma always comes back.

Tier 1
HanerStan

Postby HanerStan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:36 am

This seems to be a security issue, since we are supposed to play anonymously. Some players show their picture and others do not.

crazybydesign

Postby crazybydesign » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:03 pm

Well, I wasn’t expecting a lecture on the virtue of waiting for some imaginary force of nature to fix what ails my game playing. That said, I prefer to reward those who deserve it. A concept not everyone is on board with, apparently.

As for being a privacy issue, thank you for the thoughtful feedback; however, these players’ names are displayed when interacting in all ways EXCEPT when feeding animals, so I don’t think this issue has to do with security, otherwise their names would never be revealed.

Support clearly stated that this issue has to do with the way players login. If it isn’t via a social media platform, their avatar and/or name doesn’t display. As to why it’s only when feeding and not other tasks is still unanswered.

Tier 2
MarkCheetah

Postby MarkCheetah » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:28 pm

I agree with you 100%... I would love to be able to reward the players that feed my pets. It's always made no sense as to why the names are displayed in the World Market, seal dives, and ships but not when feeding pets.

Tier 3
Alastrea

Postby Alastrea » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:11 am

crazybydesign wrote:Well, I wasn’t expecting a lecture on the virtue of waiting for some imaginary force of nature to fix what ails my game playing. That said, I prefer to reward those who deserve it. A concept not everyone is on board with......

Well, obviously, I'm too altruistic. Everyone who plays this game deserves a reward. I don't live by the motto: if you give me something, I'll give you something.

walli

Postby walli » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:31 am

When that happens to me, I look to see what ships are visiting me. My assumption is that players who recently were in my island are more likely to have their ships there. This may be a completely wrong assumption but those ships with the monkey avatars are the ones I gift.

Tier 3
Lolly2017

Postby Lolly2017 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:12 am

Alastrea wrote:
crazybydesign wrote:Well, I wasn’t expecting a lecture on the virtue of waiting for some imaginary force of nature to fix what ails my game playing. That said, I prefer to reward those who deserve it. A concept not everyone is on board with......

Well, obviously, I'm too altruistic. Everyone who plays this game deserves a reward. I don't live by the motto: if you give me something, I'll give you something.

I don’t believe that paying forward is overly altruistic, it’s just kind! Keep doing what you’re doing Alastrea.
✨ Have a great day in paradise :D .

Youngcub

Postby Youngcub » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:07 pm

Since you can see who assists you on your dives it makes no sense that you can't see who
help you in other areas.

Return to “Technical and Support”