Cotton and Bamboo Disappears

Having an issue? Find a solution or post for more information
Sharpip

Cotton and Bamboo Disappears

Postby Sharpip » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:02 am

Why every time that I grow cotton and bamboo it disappears? I never have the raw materials to create products. Is there a setting that I need to change.

Tier 16
BethM

Re: Cotton and Bamboo Disappears

Postby BethM » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:50 pm

You might be experiencing a known problem where the game keeps switching back and forth between two different systems of planting.

Under the original system, we used up one crop to plant a field, then harvested two of the crop, leaving a net increase of 1.

Under a new system already rolled out to some players, we do not consume a crop to plant, but pay with coins to plant a field. Under this system, we only get one when we harvest, so that is still a net increase of 1.

A small number of players have a problem with the game constantly going back and forth. If you had the coins system when a field was planted, you will only harvest one even if the old plant with crops system is now in effect. You will use that one up when you replant the field, leaving you no farther ahead until you harvest again.

My only tip is to try and figure out which system is in effect before you replant. If it is the one that will use a crop instead of coins, you can try closing the game. It may switch again when you reopen.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 12
Livinez

Re: Cotton and Bamboo Disappears

Postby Livinez » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:44 pm

Good advice Beth! :) I have the switching crop system issue so I try to capitalize whenever I have ‘Crops for Coin’ by first planting and replanting the staples...Cotton, Bamboo, Pineapples and Coffee. When I have at least 100 or so of each of those; I then plant those crops I’m usually low on like Wheat, Vanilla, Sugarcane or Lavender. ;)
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Return to “Technical and Support”