Having an issue? Find a solution or post for more information
Tier 2
Aussiemom12

Postby Aussiemom12 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:05 am

Does anyone know if the picture I use for the Forum Avatar is the same one that is used for the game? I don’t see any other place to put a picture for my game avatar other than the forum. I don’t want a monkey head avatar for my game I prefer my picture. Also is there some way to change your Island name? Right now my When I’m logged onto Facebook my island is Diane’s Island. I don’t know where that came from. I’d prefer a different Island name but don’t know how to change it. If I’m not logged on to Facebook my islands name is Aussiemom12’s Island. I guess that comes from the forum because that’s my user name in the forum. I don’t recall ever getting the opportunity to create an Island name or an avatar when I started playing the game.
If anyone knows how I can change these things I would love the help doing it. Thanks!!!

Tier 15
J1st

Re: Avatar picture

Postby J1st » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:14 am

I've been told and read many times, that the name you entered when you created the game is locked in, and cannot be changed. The avatar that is displayed is based on your FB profile pic, if you have an FB account. So, if your little doggie is your profile pic, that is what will be displayed. I also know that Game Center is like 2nd place on displaying things if you have FB, or 1st place if you don't. If you are connected to FB, there are some things that do change. I don't think I answered all your questions, but that is the information I know.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:24 am

Forum and game are two separate accounts and are created separatly. But neither of those can be changed, exept for pictures on forum (any time) and in game if your game is connected to FB (in which case it takes over your profile picture, as Jerry said). Names can not be changed.

You must have named your island, as we were requared at downloading the game for the first time, maybe you only don't remember it. I remember it was a bit unclear to me, maybe I just went through it too fast, not realizing I'm actually asked to name my island, so I just typed in my real name. I never new my island has a name until I came here and read about it. But I do remember I asked to name my forum account, so I did choose a name I wanted.

Once I learned I can connect my game to my Google play account, I did, and then I had abbility to choose a name again. So as long as my game is connected to my Google play account, my island is JoannaK99. If I'm not, my island name is Maja.

So, because it was so confusing for many of us, we wrote our island names in our forum profile signatures so others will know in order not to delete us from their friend lists if our names suddenly change as happened few times :lol: Most of my game friends have two island names, and third as forum name (including me) so you are not the only one with that trouble :lol:
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

Tier 2
Aussiemom12

Postby Aussiemom12 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:03 am

Thank You all for the help. Now I know my Island avatar is my Facebook profile picture. At least I know I can change it if I want to. I guess I’m stuck with Diane’s Island. Had I known I would have thought of something a little more fun!! But at least I’ve got it figured out now :lol: :lol:

Return to “Technical and Support”