Blood Moon, or Astrology, anyone?

Talk about anything you'd like in here
Tier 5
Goofball

Blood Moon, or Astrology, anyone?

Postby Goofball » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:18 pm

For those of us insecure nerds who follow astrology (and I'll tell you why in a minute), the next month is a humdinger.

Starting on July 26th, Mercury is retrograde. Explanations upon request. July 27th is a Blood Moon. Also known as a lunar eclipse, the color is because the moon reflects the sunrises and sunsets, but the "bright" part is blocked. Often associated with predictions of doom.

In other news, no less than six planets are retrograde in July and August. Mercury, Mars, Saturn, Neptune, Uranus, and Pluto. This means, if you believe , that at the very least communications and computers (as well as cars, air conditioners, and the best laid plans of mice and men) will be barnfargled. The only remedy is foreknowledge. If you know it's happening, you can adjust, and have a bit more patience.

Why I follow it is twofold. One, it gives me suggestions (not mandates) that I can use to improve myself, if I chose. Two, there is actually statistical data that shows there is something to it. For example, sunspot activity shows a remarkable coincidence with Mercury retrograde. And sunspots adversely effect communications. BTW, the last three big glitches in this game occurred in retrograde. Just Sayin'...

Since I happen to enjoy this game, this crowd and the fun we have, (and hope to for a long time to come) I thought you might like to know.
Goofball, level 80. Greenwich minus 6 or 7.

Time Travelers Strictly Cash. Location: Earth (most times)

Tier 16
Kittykatz

Re: Blood Moon, or Astrology, anyone?

Postby Kittykatz » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:38 pm

Well, I'm the only nutbar on my street during these occurrences trying to catch a glimpse no matter the weather.

I'll just this, there better be no "funny business" ( I love saying that) with the air conditioning if we happen to be going through another heatwave.

Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:44 pm

I've been thinking about having a generator installed, mostly for winter. Maybe now would be a good time.

Does it matter that none of the retrograde planets are in the constellations that are important in my chart?
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 16
Ely321

Postby Ely321 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:47 pm

Thank you for the heads up. I do believe that changes in celestial bodies also affect our own bodies and it's good to know that something is coming up. then, when we see oddities in ourselves or others, we understand this may be affecting them. so we've got a few weeks to stock up on chocolate, right? :lol: :lol:
"ely 1" level 75 since Aug 2016
"NewEly2" aka "ely 2" level 75 since Apr 2017
"Willow Mist321" level 60 since Dec 2017
Township ID# 23FCNX Android version :D
Farmville Tropic Escape ID# KPH-C1B0 :D

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:50 pm

I can't wait until we all get even odder than we already are.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 12
JoannaK

Postby JoannaK » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:04 pm

And what about that all planets will be all on one side of our solar sistem, starting in two days, will last till third week of August and happens extreemly rare, so do you might know what does it mean for us? :D
Gamer ID: JoannaK99 (with tendency to be maja at times)

Tier 5
Tresa

Postby Tresa » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:20 pm

JoannaK wrote:And what about that all planets will be all on one side of our solar sistem, starting in two days, will last till third week of August and happens extreemly rare, so do you might know what does it mean for us? :D
we will all walk with a slant as we lean towards them? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tier 5
Goofball

Postby Goofball » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:41 pm

Tresa wrote:
JoannaK wrote:And what about that all planets will be all on one side of our solar sistem, starting in two days, will last till third week of August and happens extreemly rare, so do you might know what does it mean for us? :D
we will all walk with a slant as we lean towards them? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope. Not that versant. However, I do believe there is an extraordinary chance to meet someone (drum roll, please) named "Eileen". :o

Tier 5
Goofball

Postby Goofball » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:43 pm

Ely321 wrote:Thank you for the heads up. I do believe that changes in celestial bodies also affect our own bodies and it's good to know that something is coming up. then, when we see oddities in ourselves or others, we understand this may be affecting them. so we've got a few weeks to stock up on chocolate, right? :lol: :lol:

Oh, yeah, that's right. Ely321, if I may? EVERYBODY, hands off Ely's chocolate!! :lol: :lol:

Tier 5
Goofball

Postby Goofball » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:50 pm

BethM wrote:I've been thinking about having a generator installed, mostly for winter. Maybe now would be a good time.

Does it matter that none of the retrograde planets are in the constellations that are important in my chart?

From what little I understand (and I understand very little), the effect is universal. The only mitigating circumstance is that if whatever is retrograde, happened to be retrograde when you were born, the negative effects will be less.

I would strongly urge you to wait until after August 20th, to get the generator.

Maybe I should change my name to Oddball? (Points for catching THAT reference.) ;)

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”