A letter to Keani

Talk about anything you'd like in here
Tier 3
C2K1

A letter to Keani

Postby C2K1 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:02 pm

Dear Keani,

it’s now been 2 years and 10 months since you hired me as your trademaster.
And what a ride that has been. Within 75 levels we’ve met new fellow islanders and maxed the relationship (level 21) to all of them, saw gem-stones dissapear and stickers arrive, opened new parts of the island, built 32 mills, convinced 63 pets to stay on our paradise, mastered all achievements that were thrown at us (although one of them required tons of latte to keep up with), found 8 relicts and we even did all 50 tiers of TF - at least once. All in all it was a wonderful time, that I really enjoyed nearly every day (even when you made me wake up past midnight just to start diving for some gnomes :lol: ).

Sadly I’ve come to realize, that I am no longer capable of doing this job as requested.
I just don’t feel the energy to master all the (mostly repetitive) tasks, that are part of that job nowadays, with the same excitement than I used to and it seems to me, that our traders from all over the ocean are constantly getting more and more demanding, which is not within my possibilities anymore.
With that being said, I’m announcing my withdrawal from the position as trademaster.

I will surely miss the new people that I met(+ their nice treat(s)-ment ;) ), diving together, builder and community events (if they are doable) and all the other fun stuff that I just can’t remember at the moment, as there have been so many of them.
But I feel it’s time, time to invest my energy and excitement in other projects and things that I like to do as much as I enjoyed this game.

Don’t be sad. I am leaving you with all mills being maxed, so the work will be done much quicker in the future. Hopefully Sheena can REALLY take care of all the pets from now on and lure some more onto the island and maybe Finn and Pike can REALLY learn to built all the items so you can keep the events to entertain you coming (instead of letting me do all the work :x ). I also thought It would only be fair to spread ALL my inventory among other trademasters and give you a bare island to start over again.
Let me assure you that I still like it here, but I don’t want to get to that point where I start feeling angry about not achieving certain goals, missing out on something or being totally burned out.
I hope you allow me to use one of those ships, I built for you (as you never paid me money for all the hard work :roll: ), to set sails.... homewards and maybe on to new adventures in other parts of the world. You’ll never know if or where we will meet again.

So farewell to all.
Yours faithfully, C.K. :)

P.S.: To all tradmasters on the forum.

I really enjoyed reading your posts and talking to you. I learned so much from all the input you gave and admire many of you, from back in the day when Hollowness and Kiwidave were still around up until this moment. Folks like Livinez, Kittykatz, Mauimonkey, Piipou, JustSad, Bobo and many others (sorry to name very few but this list would be endless - so please don’t feel left out) are an enrichment to this community and I highly appreciate the helpful and friendly atmosphere here. May this continue with a now even more international crowd!

So to everyone who is staying around: Have fun and keep pushin’! 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCFkSAqqMLs
All the way to level 80 and I enjoyed the whole ride!!!
Island name: "C.K." aka "Bhutan18"
Danke/ Thank you for all the people that I met along this journey!

Farmville Tropic Escape Code: L4K-UXZV

Tier 12
Livinez

Re: A letter to Keani

Postby Livinez » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:32 pm

C2K my friend...although my wish is that no one ever say farewell to Paradise Bay; I totally understand.
Your positive and upbeat attitude will truly be missed on the Forum as well as around the islands. May all your future gaming endeavors be joyful and fulfilling.
May you live long and prosper!
❤️ Liv
Level 80
Storage: WM:6695 TH:6350
101/102 Pets: 95 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 6 ⭐️
All Mills ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gold: 102.75M Karma: 1.68M
Playing Since 8/6/2015

Tier 11
mauimonkey

Postby mauimonkey » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:37 pm

Voyage well, CK. Your island will always be there if you'd like to return, and many of us will be as well. Take care, and enjoy life :D
Level 80
Maui, Hawaii, USA
Wish list: jokes

Tier 3
SarahCR

Postby SarahCR » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:51 pm

CK, that is a beautifully written letter. It is sad to see you go but I understand your sentiment. I hope you will find new and exciting things on your path that will bring you happiness and joy!!

And know that you will always be welcome here in case you want to hop in that boat to pay us a visit :D
FB profile: Sarah CR. New friends always welcome :D
TS code = DPGWNF

Tier 16
BethM

Postby BethM » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:58 pm

Lovely resignation letter.

If you are looking for a new position, there is a Wayfarer opening on Moana (unless you play on Windows). You’d be highly qualified for the job.

Seriously though, maybe all you really need is a break from this game. It seems kind of precipitous to sell off all your inventory and delete the game when you could just as easily simply leave it where it sits.

I have deleted a lot of games, but one with this kind of investment, I just stick in a folder where I won’t see the game icon looking at me. Someday I might miss it enough to try again. Besides, by then there may be new things to do.
Level 80 on iPad - Susan with geranium avatar if connected to FB, otherwise BethMme
Level 69 on Windows 10 laptop - Susan with monkeyhead avatar
Township player code: A9FMP2
Farmville Tropical Escape code: FI6E-WHJ0 (last digit is zero)

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:47 am

CK, we won't say good-bye, we'll just say farewell for now, and we'll catch you on the flip side. My wish is that all you choices be the right ones for you and you enjoy the choices you make, both now and in the future. PB is a game to be enjoyed, and when the enjoyment is gone, it is time to move on. I think that things need to be accelerated soon to prevent more of the long term players from signing off as well. It's been an incredible ride so far, as least for me, but I hear where you are coming from. I feel a little of that stirring as well. I keep hoping next month, next month. We'll see what the future brings. You still have access to everything so stay in touch and say hello once in a while. From all your PB friends to you, we wish you the best of luck.
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 4
Snooby

Postby Snooby » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:25 pm

Not goodbye CK, but auf wiedersehen, translates as ‘see you again’. Have a break of a month, or two or three, and maybe when you come back there will be prizes worth aiming for, like more land, more water area, instead of silly little donkeys or puffer fish balloons. But in the meantime ‘tschuss’.
Kent. England
First Island - disepara, July 2016, level 80
Second island - Chicken run, April 2018, level 55.
Pet count. - abysmal :oops:
https://youtu.be/DYlcVevsx_8

Tier 15
J1st

Postby J1st » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:53 am

One more thing CK, if you decide to change your mind, and we hope you do, don't feel that you can't just come back, because you can. Pull the pets out of storage, plant some crops and trees and no one will think the worse of you for it. We all are entitled to change our minds, JustSayin.... ;)
Level: 80 Windows 10 Since June 2016, Jerry's Island
Level: 69 Apple IPad Pro Since July 2017, Sheila's Island
FB Pic - Not this avatar...but we could be brothers. :lol:
FB Pic - She and Me ⭐️
Wiki: https://paradise-bay.fandom.com/

Tier 9
Bobbo

Postby Bobbo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:28 am

Hope you’ll stay in touch!

Tier 12
Livinez