Island trees

Talk about anything you'd like in here
Mammabear58

Island trees

Postby Mammabear58 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:12 pm

It would be nice to have the option of moving around the existing trees on the island as opposed to cutting them down. You end up using axes that are needed to cut down dead trees after harvest & then have purchase palm trees for where you actually want them.

Mornibelle

Re: Island trees

Postby Mornibelle » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:31 pm

Alternatively, you can just work around them. :) I noticed when looking at various islands that a lot of people choose to cut down all of the natural trees. I decided at that point to make an effort to keep all (or at least most) of the natural trees, and also some of the rocks for decorative purposes. I won't say it hasn't been tempting to cut them down, but overall I am pleased with the result. It may be less organized than many of the islands out there, but I like it!

Tier 15
djjess

Postby djjess » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:56 pm

Mornibelle wrote:Alternatively, you can just work around them. :) I noticed when looking at various islands that a lot of people choose to cut down all of the natural trees. I decided at that point to make an effort to keep all (or at least most) of the natural trees, and also some of the rocks for decorative purposes. I won't say it hasn't been tempting to cut them down, but overall I am pleased with the result. It may be less organized than many of the islands out there, but I like it!

Same here! The natural ones sway with the breeze, too, unlike the purchased ones.
Island name: TraderGrl

Tier 12
HuacaFlora

Postby HuacaFlora » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:07 pm

I am also keeping some trees and rocks, I like that!
Game Center ID: HuacaFlora
Level: 57
Wishlist: a pair of sunglasses and flip-flops

Tier 2
Liyun

Postby Liyun » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:33 am

At the beginning I cut all trees and removed rocks but later I prefer to keep them.
Even now, I use some of dry roses, berries and magnolia's for decoration.
ID: Liyun Wang
PB level: 60+
Platform: Android
I play with my shadow and we supply the needs of each other :mrgreen:

Tier 15
Hollowness

Postby Hollowness » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:35 pm

I only removed the fat palms, and a couple of palms that are just for my layout in the way but I mostly have all my natural landscaping :)

I wish we could buy some decor rocks that are identical cause then I could still have them, move them and maybe use these so-called-sledgehammers?
Game Center ID: HollownessDevoured - Level: 52
Paradise Wiki here!
Also Playing My Singing Monsters, if you try it credit my friend code please! Code: 42035296KI

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”